r Shaun Francis said.San Jose is coming off a scoreles | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 18 '19
Salfords former Warrington half-back Gareth OBrien has the utmost respect for his old club but that will not stop him doing his best to inflict on them a first Super League defeat of the season. Vladimir Konstantinov Jersey . The 24-year-old came through the Wolves academy and scored 19 tries and 78 goals in 62 appearances for them before opting out of the final year of his contract at the end of last season.OBrien moved to the new-look Red Devils on a two-year deal and, after playing a key role in their promising start to the season, will be aiming to undo his old team-mates with aid of some inside information when they put their 100 per cent record on the line at the AJ Bell Stadium on Thursday night. I have a huge respect for the Warrington club - theyve made me the player I am today - and Ill definitely take that respect into the game but Im going to give my all for my new club, he said. All the action from the Super League clash between Warrington and Wakefield. I know the boys at Warrington pretty well and anything I can share with our lads to maybe tip them up on certain aspects of their game is only going to help our chances.Its all about preparing for a game and if youve got inside knowledge on your opponents, youre going to share it with your team-mates.OBrien, who had loan spells at St Helens, Castleford and Widnes during his time at the Wolves, says there were no hard feelings when he agreed with head coach Tony Smith to part company.I did have a year left on my contract and I could have stayed but we both thought moving on would do me the world of good, he said. It was all done in a professional manner. Me and Tony had a chat and there were no hard feelings. It was about what was best for me.He said my opportunities at Warrington this year would probably be limited and he felt thats not what I needed at this stage of my career. Playing each week is what I needed to do to improve. He gave me an opportunity to look for a new club and Im happy with the move.After spending virtually his whole career in the half-backs, OBrien is enjoying a new lease of life at full-back for the resurgent Red Devils.It gives me the freedom I dont really get as a half and Im enjoying it, he said. Im still learning the position obviously but the more I play there the better Ill be.I played a bit of full-back in the academy but its very similar to a half now. Full-backs nowadays have got to be able to run, pass, kick and theyre probably the strengths of my game. I need to work on my defence but I am enjoying the new role. Highlights of Wigans win over Salford at the SW Stadium. Warrington assistant coach Richard Agar admits their former player will be one of the threats to their unbeaten record.Salford have obviously seen Gareth in a slightly different role to the one he played here and youd have to say so far hes grabbed it with both hands, Agar said.Gaz has got good vision and good skill and hes been a very prominent player for them. Weve talked about him in our preview, about what a good job hes doing for them at full-back. Hes doing a terrific job for them.Warrington have won their last seven meetings with Salford but OBrien believes the tide is turning.We set a goal at the start of the season to make our home stadium a bit of a fortress and were unbeaten at home, he said.We know the dangers Warrington have and weve got to be on our game defensively. If were good defensively, we can cause any team problems when weve got the ball in our hands.Salford: Justin Carney, Michael Dobson, Niall Evalds, Mark Flanagan, George Griffin, Josh Griffin, Greg Johnson, Josh Jones, Craig Kopczak, Ryan Lannon, Tommy Lee, Rob Lui, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Gareth OBrien, Matt Sarsfield, Junior Sau, Logan Tomkins, Adam Walne, Jordan Walne.Warrington:  Ryan Atkins, Jordan Cox, Ben Currie, Mitchell Dodds, Brad Dwyer, Rhys Evans, Chris Hill, Jack Hughes, Benjamin Jullien, George King, Tom Lineham, Kevin Penny, Joe Philbin, Stefan Ratchford, Matty Russell, Chris Sandow, Ashton Sims, Joe Westerman, Gary Wheeler.Watch Salford v Warrington live on Sky Sports 3 HD on Thursday from 7.30pm. Catch the match for £6.99 on NOW TV. No contract. Evgeny Svechnikov Jersey .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Kris Draper Jersey . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/dylan-larkin-jersey/ . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. The San Jose Earthquakes play at Columbus Crew SC on Saturday with only one win in 12 away games this season.But a 2-1 victory in their last road game Aug. 12 at Vancouver gives the Earthquakes (7-7-11) confidence outside of northern California.We definitely know we can go on the road and beat teams as long as we keep playing the way weve been playing, defender Shaun Francis said.San Jose is coming off a scoreless draw with visiting New England on Wednesday but may have the perfect place to continue its road success: It has not lost in Columbus since May 27, 2009, and has ties in the past three games in Mapfre Stadium.Meanwhile, the Crew (4-9-11) continued their puzzling play. A 2-1 loss to Philadelphia on Wednesday extended its home winless streak to a loss and six ties since May 28. Columbus is 3-2-8 at home. Alex Delvecchio Red Wings Jersey. .The lone goal for the Crew was by forward Adam Jahn, who was acquired in a trade with San Jose on July 30. He came off the bench for his first score in three games with Columbus after one in 10 games for the Earthquakes.Hes hoping to play against his former teammates.They know Im coming for them Saturday, he said. It will be really fun to see them again.The difference could be which top scorer breaks a slump. San Joses Chris Wondolowski has nine goals but only two in the past 13 matches.Ola Kamara leads Columbus with 10 goals despite not scoring in four games.His chances will come, Columbus coach Gregg Berhalter said. ' ' '