gh the covers, while Stonemann had made only one w | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 19 '19
Gabby Douglas made Olympic history (again) in Rio. Hydro Flask Bottiglia . Four years after becoming the first black woman to capture the individual all-around gold medal, Douglas and teammate Aly Raisman became the first two American gymnasts to win gold in back-to-back Olympic Games.Even without her trip to Rio, the 20-year-old would have gone down as one of the best ever. With a host of endorsement deals, a best-selling book, a Lifetime biopic and even her own Barbie doll, Douglas legacy was set. But, despite the immense weight of expectations, she fought for another chance to compete at the highest level. Her reward? A spot on one of the greatest American gymnastics squads of all time.Douglas admits the experience had its highs and lows, thanks to the bullying she faced on social media. She also wouldnt trade her experience as part of the Final Five for anything. In between promotional appearances, she talked to us about her crazy schedule, her mentality post-Rio and her thoughts on Tokyo in 2020.Rio was amazing, but its nice to be finished. It was a really incredible experience to go back to the Olympics for a second time, even with some of the struggles I had while I was there. Of course, it was nice to get some merchandise (a gold medal!). As far as the competition goes, I wanted to be a little bit better, but thats something I have to accept.Mentally and physically, theres definitely some relief that its over. All the hype, the nerves, the pressure -- its a lot. Afterward, everyone is like, Woo! Time to relax. I seriously think I had pizza, fries and ice cream for a solid week when I got home. I even put fries on my pizza! Youve got to splurge sometimes, especially as an athlete.Ive done a lot of thinking since coming back from Rio. While I was there, I went through a really hard time in competition and on social media. For a little while, I lost sight of everything positive. Here I was, an all-around champion on another winning team, and I wasnt focusing on that because people were being so gross.Since then Ive realized that I have to pardon their comments because they just have no idea. They dont understand. Sometimes you have to step back and say, What did you do to defy odds today? Not many people get to experience the Olympics, go back a second time, and leave with medals around their neck.Social media isnt all bad. I was so grateful for the hashtag Leslie Jones started: #LOVE4GABBYUSA. She experienced some of the same things that I did with online bullying. People can be so mean! After Leslie tweeted that hashtag, people like Kerry Washington, NeNe Leakes and Sanya Richards-Ross stood behind me and gave me a whole lot of love.And they werent the only ones. When I got back, people would come up to me and tell me not to worry about the haters. They would say things like, Youre amazing. Youre flawless. That really helped me get out of my funk.I spent time in the emergency room soon after the Olympics. I had a cyst in my mouth that was causing terrible pain. Not only did I have to get it removed, but I missed joining the rest of the team at the MTV Video Music Awards. Afterward, everyone was like, Beyoncé! Beyoncé! OK, Im not trying to brag here, but I did get to meet her during the NBA All-Star Weekend in 2013. She pulled me into her circle, Jay Z was there, and she even told me how inspirational I was. I guess that made it a little easier to miss the VMAs.Not long after the cyst put me in the hospital, I had to get my wisdom teeth removed, too. No fun! Im just incredibly glad that my mouth issues werent a problem in Rio. That would have been miserable.There hasnt been much time to unwind. In fact, Ive only spent about a week at home since I got back from Rio. Our appearance and sponsor schedules are fun, but also pretty grueling. During the Kelloggs Tour, we traveled to so many cities that I would wake up and say, Where am I? Whats going on? Whats my name?Early-morning and red-eye flights are far from my favorite things, but the fans kept us going. We got to give them more than a wave and a smile as part of the tour, which I loved. Wed do meet-and-greets and really get to talk to people.I never would have thought Id be in the position Im in today. I dont think it has really sunk in yet. As a gymnast, my mind is trained to move on to the next competition or the next event. One day Im going to look back at the memorabilia and medals I have in my living room at home and say, Wow, that was pretty amazing.What do you mean, retirement? When people use that word, I pretty much laugh and say, Come on! Tokyo 2020! Dominique Dawes, my role model, went to three Olympics. Shes my inspiration. Right now, we just finished the tour and everyone is looking forward to some time off. My vacation to Tahiti is the next thing on my list. One step at a time! Borraccia Hydro Flask Italia . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. Hydro Flask Italia . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. http://www.italiahydroflask.it/ . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. Durham 207 (Patel 5-32, Barker 3-29) and 195-3 (Borthwick 92, Stoneman 80) drew with Warwickshire 381 for 8 dec (Westwood 127, McCarthy 3-56, Rushworth 3-94)Scorecard A stand of 151 between Scott Borthwick and Mark Stoneman ensured Durham were able to hold out for a draw in the Specsavers County Championship match against Warwickshire at Chester-le-Street.Durham were only ten behind with eight wickets standing when Stoneman fell for 80 and Borthwick went on to make 91 before he departed five balls before hands were shaken.Rikki Clarke came on bowling off spin and his first ball was so wide of off stump Borthwick could not resist flailing at it, only to get a big inside edge into his stumps.Durham were on 195 for three, 21 ahead with 22 overs still availabel when a draw was declared, Warwickshire taking 11 points and Durham eight.It was a welcome return to form for Borthwick, whose form slumped when he was widely reported to be on the verge of England selection.Things looked ominous for Durham when, with 84 overs to bat, they lost Keaton Jennings for a duck in the fifth, when he pushed forward and edged Keith Barker behind.But Borthwick was soon stroking Barker effortlessly through the covers, while Stonemann had made only one when he whipped Chris Wright over long leg for six. Swell Scontate. Patel came on for the 14th over and conceded only seven runs in his first nine overs, going closest to a breakthrough when Stoneman missed an attempted cut on 45 and was almost bowled.A repeat of the stroke brought the three runs which took him to 50 as nine runs suddenly came off Patels tenth over. Both batsmen completed their half-centuries off 93 balls and continued neck and neck as Durham reached 162 for one at tea, only 12 behind. Stoneman was bowled by Patel without addition.Resuming on 344 for 7 in the morning, Warwickshire added 37 in ten overs, losing Tim Ambrose for 50, before declaring 174 ahead. Barker was unbeaten on 43.Warwickshire captain Ian Bell said: We came in this morning excited about our opportunity considering the amount of movement there had been in the pitch.But it was not to be. This was a better day for batting, whereas yesterday would have been a good day to bowl. It seems to be a trend of the season that every time we get in a good position the weather gets in the way. ' ' '