Newcastle.I think it is a brave move, becaus Newcastle.I think it is a brave move, becaus | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jul 19 '19
NEW ORLEANS -- Anthony Davis backpedaled from the 3-point line, his arm staying up in the follow-through position as his shot went down to push New Orleans lead to eight points with a minute-and-a-half to go. Alexander Wennberg Jersey .A mere 12 seconds later, his arm was extended again -- this time to swat away Thaddeus Youngs running floater as the Pelicans emphatically closed out a 102-95 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Thursday night.My teammates were just telling me to end the game, Davis said. Of course, they lean on me to try to close out down the stretch. I was just trying to be aggressive.Davis was having a pretty good night even before his late flourish, finishing with 35 points, 16 rebounds and five blocked shots. He highlighted his latest dynamic performance with two 3-pointers and a couple of driving dunks. During a pivotal 15-0 Pelicans run inside the final 5 minutes, he converted a three-point play on a driving dunk, hit a 3, added four free throws and blocked two shots.Davis got loose in a couple transitions. He made a 3. Theyre moving him around, Pacers coach Nate McMillan said. He hurt us really in transition and just attacking the basket.Rookie Buddy Hield also hurt the Pacers with a career-high 21 points, hitting five 3s along the way.He can shoot it even better than he did tonight, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said of Hield. Hes just learning what a good shot is.And New Orleans even got its first production of the season from guard Tyreke Evans, who played 11 minutes in his return from a right knee injury that also sidelined him most of last season. He had seven points, three rebounds and two assists.He played pretty well in his limited minutes, Davis said.Jrue Holiday, who started the Pelicans decisive surge with a driving layup, had 16 points and 14 assists, while Terrence Jones added 10 points, 11 rebounds and two blocked shots.Myles Turner scored 26 points on 11-of-14 shooting for Indiana, but the Pacers missed eight straight shots during a 4-minute scoring drought late in the fourth quarter. Indianas Jeff Teague had 21 points and 10 assists and Paul George had 18 points.The game was close through 3 1/2 quarters, when neither team had built a lead larger than eight points. The Pacers led 90-85 after Georges layup with 4:52 to go, but thats when the game turned dramatically in New Orleans favor.Theres something were not doing right. We have to address it, George said. The majority of our losses, weve been in the game or in control. Were not figuring out how to close it.TIP-INSPacers: Al Jefferson scored 14 points. ... G Rodney Stuckey was sidelined by soreness in his left hamstring, which he pulled during a loss at Miami on Wednesday night. His absence further thinned Indianas depth at guard with Monta Ellis skipping the trip because of his right groin strain. ... George was assessed a technical foul for arguing a call on the defensive end in the second quarter.Pelicans: Reserve PG Tim Frazier, who sprained his right wrist during Tuesday nights loss to Golden State, was scratched from the lineup. ... New Orleans outrebounded Indiana 56-46.OFF TARGETIndiana entered the game shooting 37 percent from 3-point range but hit only 3 of 21 (14 percent). Davis said the Pelicans had something to do with that.That was one of our biggest focuses was guarding the 3-point line. We wanted to be up on ball screens and make them shoot 2s, Davis said. They rely on their 3s a lot and we just wanted to make sure it was tough on everyone.COMPETITIVE REUNIONIn his first game against the team he left in free agency after last season, New Orleans small forward Solomon Hill often guarded George, who failed to score 20 points for just the first time in seven games.We didnt let him close to the basket. Everyone had my back, Hill said. We felt like he didnt get comfortable tonight and that changed the dynamic of their team.UP NEXTPacers: Visit Detroit on Saturday night to complete a three-game trip.Pelicans: Visit Houston on Friday night to begin a three game trip. Scott Harrington Blue Jackets Jersey . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Brandon Dubinsky Blue Jackets Jersey . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. http:///...blue-jackets-jersey/ . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. North Queensland football manager Peter Parr says the Cowboys are proud of their player management after Kalyn Pongas father claimed the club was neglecting the NRL prodigys welfare.Pongas dad Andre told News Corp that North Queensland should do the right thing and release the teenager from the final year of his Cowboys contract after falling out with the club.The Cowboys have stated they have no intention of releasing Ponga next year after the youngster recently signed a lucrative four-year deal with Newcastle from 2018.We are proud of our club, of how we look after our people both internally and externally - thats all I have to say, Parr said.The Knights have remained hopeful that Ponga will receive a release after snapping up the 18-year-old with just two NRL games experience on a deal reportedly worth $700,000 a year.And Newcastle looked closer to getting their wish after Pongas father claimed things went pearshaped at the Cowboys after his son knocked back a two-year extension in April.He claimed he now had concerns for his sons welfare because the club had made it hard for the teenager to continue his university studies.Its left Kalyn disillusioned because they are not offering any encouragement to him, he told News Corp.KKangaroos coach Mal Meninga has since backed the Cowboys, saying Ponga would receive the development needed to handle the intense Newcastle spotlight with another year at North Queensland. Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys. Meninga even said Newcastle must get it right with Pongas welfare.They need to ... try to protect him as much as they can from the pressure and expectations that are going to be on him, he told Queensland Former Origin Greats website.Meninga admitted it was a brave move to sign with wooden spooners Newcastle but was just glad Ponga had stuck with the NRL.We all know that the (AFLs) Brisbane Lions and (rugby unions) Queensland Reds were chasing pretty heavily for him, and it would have been the worst case scenario to see Kalyn go to another code, he said.I guess a lot of people were surprised that he ended up signing with Newcastle.I think it is a brave move, because they are obviously a club that has a lot of rebuilding to do after the mess of the past few seasons.As a club, the Knights had to do something.And in Kalyn, they can obviously see a young guy that they can build a club around for the future. ' ' '