Lodha Committees recommendations covering wide-ranging aspects of Indian cricket at the | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jul 20 '19
WINNIPEG, Manitoba -- Connor Hellebuyck and the Winnipeg Jets rebounded in a big way against the Nashville Predators. Carson Wentz Womens Jersey .The Jets goaltender made a season-high 42 saves and Winnipeg ended a five-game losing streak with a 3-0 victory over the Predators on Sunday.Hellebuycks second shutout of the season, and fourth of his career, came after he was in net Friday for Winnipegs 5-1 loss to the Predators in Nashville.I think its extremely important, Hellebuyck said of having a big game.It gets the morale and character back in the room and we can start building some confidence now. I dont think anybody is hitting the panic button. We just needed to get back to our game and thats what we did tonight.Drew Stafford scored his first goal of the season and Mark Scheifele and Adam Lowry added empty-net goals for the Jets. Defenseman Jacob Trouba had two assists.Sometimes to break out of the slump, you know you just kind of need to have your goalie make 40 saves and then gut it out, Jets captain Blake Wheeler said.Rookie goaltender Juuse Saros stopped 21 of 22 shots for the Predators.The loss halted Nashvilles win streak at three games and also dropped its road record to 2-7-2.Saros, a 21-year-old from Finland, was called up from Milwaukee of the American Hockey League to relieve veteran Pekka Rinne. He played his second game this season and third of his career.He was great, Predators center Ryan Johansen said of Saros. The only goal they had was they skated behind our net, bounced it off his back and (the puck) barely crossed the goal line.He also praised Hellebuyck.I thought he was fantastic, Johansen said of Hellebuyck. The way their team has been playing, at home with a lot of pressure on, especially us beating them in Nashville with five goals, he deserves a lot of credit tonight. He played a great game.The victory was Winnipegs fourth straight at home.Nashville had scored three power-play goals against the Jets in Fridays win, but was 0 for 5 on Sunday. Winnipeg was 0 for 4.Predators coach Peter Laviolette called Saros play outstanding and said a spell of not controlling the play in the second period was costly for his team.Plenty of chances. Just couldnt seem to score, couldnt get it done, he said.Stafford, who missed 15 games with an injury this season, scored his first with a wraparound at 15:21 of the second period.The Jets are 7-0 when leading after two periods this season.Scheifele scored his 12th goal of the season, tying him with teammate Patrik Laine, with 42 seconds left. Lowry got his sixth with 10 seconds remaining.Nashville fired 11 shots during two power plays in the third period, but couldnt beat Hellebuyck.Just lately Ive been feeling in that groove, Hellebuyck said. Ive liked the way Ive been playing.Although they scored five goals last game, I still like the way I feel and Im not losing my confidence from a goal here or there. I could see everything tonight and I had a little luck, too. Sometimes the puck just hits you.Jets coach Paul Maurice said everyone contributed and Hellebuyck stood out.Real good goaltending tonight and lots and lots of effort, Maurice said. Twenty-seven blocked shots.I dont think things were smooth or easy at times with the puck, but usually a real hard effort and really good goaltending, youre going to give yourself a chance. Wilbert Montgomery Womens Jersey . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. Jerome Brown Womens Jersey .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at Boston Strong - a citys recovery from tragedy. http:///...llard-eagles-jersey/ . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. The BCCI has convened a special general meeting on August 5 in Mumbai to discuss the implementation of the Lodha Committees recommendations approved by the Supreme Court. Officials from the BCCI and multiple state associations told ESPNcricinfo they had received formal communication from the board on Tuesday evening, but were reluctant to speculate on the next course of action.It is understood that the boards legal committee, which will likely meet before the SGM, will offer some clarity to the BCCI and its member units. The legal committee has to meet first. The legal heads are making different points that we have to discuss, a senior BCCI official said. All of a sudden they cant say anything without going through the whole thing. We cannot take a unilateral decision.While the BCCIs top brass is scheduled to meet the Lodha committee in Delhi on August 9, it is learnt that the board, disillusioned by the recent developments, is not in any hurry to go through with the meeting. The date is not fixed yet, the board official said. Before that we are going to make sure that whatever we want to discuss we should discuss it among ourselves first and only then take it forward. We cannot just directly go [to a mmeeting]. Dallas Goedert Eagles Jersey. .The Mumbai Cricket Association recently announced its decision to accept the recommendations totally, with its president Sharad Pawar agreeing to voluntarily step down within six months in accordance with the verdict. The BCCI official expressed concern over entirely new teams possibly taking over state associations, and conceded that the mood in the BCCI was downbeat.Everybody is going through the same problem. In some associations, all the people will have to be replaced, he said. They cannot function - either they are 70 and above or they [are disqualified because of the] cooling period [rule]. The entire team will comprise new people. I dont know how we are going to function.The Supreme Court, on July 18, had accepted the majority of the Lodha Committees recommendations covering wide-ranging aspects of Indian cricket at the central and state level. It has given the BCCI between four and six months to implement the recommendations and appointed RM Lodha, the former chief justice of India who was the architect of the report, to oversee the transition. ' ' '