of fights and harassment. Despite the weaker bottom | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 21 '19
DENVER -- Ichiro Suzuki defined his career with speed and sharp hits. Cheap Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys . It was only fitting he flashed both in his historic moment.Suzuki lined a tripled off the wall for his 3,000th career hit in the major leagues, becoming the 30th player to reach the milestone as the Miami Marlins beat the Colorado Rockies 10-7 Sunday.The 42-year-old Suzuki got his big hit in the seventh inning. He became the first player born in Japan to reach 3,000, and joined Paul Molitor, his former hitting coach in Seattle, as the only ones to hit the mark with a triple.I wanted to see it go over the fence, but after I heard that Paul Molitor was the other person to do it I was glad it didnt go over, Suzuki said after sharing Champagne with his teammates in the clubhouse after the win. I have a special relationship with him and having something like this, that is the same thing he accomplished, makes it more special.Giancarlo Stanton hit his 24th homer and Christian Yelich and Mathis had three hits and three RBI each for the Marlins.Nolan Arenado homered twice and drove in five runs for Colorado. Arenado leads the NL in home runs (29) and RBI (87).Adam Conley (8-6) allowed six runs in five innings. Fernando Rodney worked the ninth for his first save since coming to Miami on June 30 and 18th overall.Jon Gray (8-5) was roughed up for eight runs and 10 hits in 3 2/3 innings.Suzuki was hitless in his first three at-bats of the game before he tagged Chris Rusin.Suzuki launched a long drive to right field that carried just beyond the reach of leaping Gerardo Parra, and breezed into third standing up.When I got that hit the burden was lifted off, Suzuki said.Third base coach Lorenzo Bundy hugged Suzuki as Miami players came out of the dugout to congratulate him. He waved his helmet to acknowledge the cheers at Coors Field.We gave him a big hug and told him he deserved it, said Dee Gordon, who was the first player to reach Suzuki as he stood on third. Thats what youre supposed to do. Show him his respect, show him that we respect his milestone.Suzuki was happy to share the moment with everyone. He appeared to become a little emotional when he was told fans at Safeco Field in Seattle stuck around after the Mariners game ended to watch him get 3,000.I dont have words for how wonderful that is for them to show that and support me, he said. To have that special moment to share with the fans there, I dont have any words how grateful I am.Hitting coach Barry Bonds gave him a hug as the celebration at third base ended, and Suzuki got another round of applause when he scored on Jeff Mathis single, as well as a hug from manager Don Mattingly.For me, its been an honor to watch him play, an honor to have managed him, Mattingly said. He honors our game the way he plays, the way he prepares. Everything he does is a tribute to the game of baseball. He shows our guys how youre supposed to do it.Suzuki gave the crowd a wave as he went into the dugout. He batted again in the ninth and drew a walk.Suzuki is in his 16th season in the majors. He got 1,278 hits while playing nine years in Japan before becoming the American League Rookie of the Year and MVP with Seattle in 2001.Greeted with cheers every time he came to bat, Suzuki struck out in the first inning, hit a comebacker in the third and grounded out to short in the fourth.Ive been feeling this for the last two weeks, not getting an opportunity to get in there and getting a pinch hit every night, that was tough, he said. I feel like I should have gotten this two years ago. It took a longer time than I thought it should have.At 42 years, 290 days he is the second-oldest player by three days over Ricky Henderson to reach the milestone. Only Cap Anson, who was 45 when he got his 3,000th hit in 1897, was older.Suzuki said he hopes his milestone helps more Japanese succeed in the majors.It hasnt been too long since Japanese players have started to come over here to play in the major leagues. There are still very few. Ive been able to get some hits. Were not there yet. Theres still more that we need to do as Japanese players.Hopefully this 3,000th hit will bring that bridge closer and maybe well be able to have the Japanese players and have the fans understand Japanese baseball is good baseball. Hopefully this did that and bring that closer.Rene Lachemann, Colorados catching coach, went over to give Suzuki a hug as he left the field after the game.TRAINERS ROOMMarlins: 3B Martin Prado left the game with one out in the sixth inning after fouling a ball off his left foot. He was replaced by Miguel Rojas, who inherited a 3-2 count and reached on an error by Arenado. Mattingly said X-rays showed no break.Rockies: Parra was activated from the 15-day DL and INF Rafael Ynoa was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque. Parra played right field on Sunday while OF Carlos Gonzalez rested his sore left ankle.MIAMI MOVEThe Marlins optioned RHP Nefi Ogando to Triple-A New Orleans to make room for LHP Hunter Cervenka. Miami acquired Cervenka from Atlanta for two minor league players on Saturday. It gives the Marlins two lefties in the bullpen.UP NEXTMarlins: Miami sends ace Jose Fernandez (12-6, 2.87) against San Franciscos Johnny Cueto on Monday to open a seven-day, six-game homestand.Rockies: Rookie LHP Tyler Anderson (4-3, 3.25) opens a two-game series against Texas. He will be opposed by Cole Hamels (12-3, 2.89). Cheap San Diego Padres Jerseys . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. Cheap Houston Astros Jerseys . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. http:///...diamondbacks-jerseys . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Ahq e-Sports Club cruised through INTZ e-Sports to improve to 3-2 in Group C at the League of Legends World Championships group stage. INTZ e-Sports hopes for a quarterfinal berth ended with its loss.The pace was slow during and after the lane phase, with both teams favoring passivity and a focusing on itemization instead of fights and harassment. Despite the weaker bottom lane from INTZ e-Sports, ahq only teleported when the numbers easily favored its composition. When the lane phase ended, there were only a few altercations, ending with peel-offs and disengagements for a tense stalemate into the 20-minuute mark. Cheap Seattle Mariners Jerseys. .Then ahq took an overwhelming team fight victory when its initiation caught three of INTZs players out of position. The subsequent Baron kill at 24:53 after the team fight victory broke the game open.Ahq ballooned the gold lead to 10,000 with the help of a 9,000 gold spike via Baron buff and barreled the top and middle lane for complete map control. The team continued to march through the middle lane and snowballed kill after kill until the game was over. ' ' '