las Cowboys jumped on me, said Pouncey, who failed to get the players identity.He declined to predict w | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 21 '19
Terry Collins said 2017 may be his final year as manager of the New York Mets, but he will wait until after that season to gauge how he feels physically before deciding. Malik Hooker Colts Jersey .I just need to re-evaluate at the end of this coming year whats going on, where I am, how Im feeling, Collins told ESPN.com on Thursday. Ive always said a lot of it will be dictated by how Im feeling. This was a tough year. In June, Collins was hospitalized overnight in Milwaukee and missed the series finale against the Brewers at Miller Park after becoming ill pregame. He said that medical issue did not resurface, but the physical demands of the job can be challenging. Collins, who at 67 is the oldest manager in MLB, felt particularly worn down when the Mets had to play a day game on Labor Day in Cincinnati after playing in New York the previous night on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. Asked whether next season would be his last if next October?he feels physically?like he does now, Collins said: Thats right.He added about the travel: It takes a toll on everybody. You talk to the players. If you noticed, that [Labor Day game] was the day we gave everybody off because they were stinking beat. This travel is hard, especially with the late-night scheduling that is prevalent throughout baseball. There are so many night games where youre traveling after the game and getting into towns at 3 or 4 oclock in the morning. And the next thing you know, if you ever have a day game pop up on you, its tough to do. After reaching the World Series in 2015, the Mets were bounced this year in the National League wild-card game by the San Francisco Giants. Still, given season-ending injuries to starting pitchers Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom and Steven Matz and infielders David Wright and Neil Walker, plus other losses, Collins felt a sense of accomplishment in navigating the 2016 Mets to the postseason. The Mets had been two games under .500 and stood 5? games out of the second wild-card spot after an Aug. 19 loss at San Francisco. Last year was a little different dynamic, Collins said. We had that really, really powerful young pitching staff that was coming on right at the right time. This year, to have them disappear, I think what we accomplished with all the injuries really took some tremendous character on the players part and the coaches and everybody else. Getting to the World Series is really hard, as we all know, but from where we were in July to where we finished was pretty impressive. Despite consecutive postseason appearances, there are uncertainties entering 2017. For one, Harvey (thoracic outlet syndrome), deGrom (ulnar nerve in his right elbow) and Matz (bone spur) all will be coming off surgeries. And Zack Wheeler, another projected member of the rotation, has missed two full seasons since undergoing Tommy John surgery in March 2015. The Mets have safety nets with Robert Gsellman and Seth Lugo and the potential re-signing of Bartolo Colon, but getting their heralded young rotation healthy remains of utmost importance. The lone member of that hyped staff not to be coming off surgery in spring training will be Noah Syndergaard. He was diagnosed with a bone spur this past summer that was deemed too insignificant to surgically remove now. I think you can only go with what past research and past things have shown, and thats that these guys will bounce back, Collins said. As we saw from Zack Wheeler, not everything is etched in stone. Fourteen months after Tommy John isnt a guarantee youre going to be ready to pitch. But youre looking at the end of [2017] spring training, 24 months after Tommy John, theres no reason to think that [Wheeler] cant be ready. Matt was a three-month [recovery time]. DeGroms is a three-month. Steven Matzs is a three-month. Well make sure we dont push them too much early in spring training, so that they are ready. Coming out of spring training, are they ready to go seven innings? Probably not, some of those guys. But I do believe that certainly as we get closer to the end of spring training, those guys should be ready to pitch. The Mets fully expect slugger Yoenis Cespedes to opt out three days after the World Series. Asked about his confidence level that Cespedes will return to the Mets, Collins said: I have no idea. If Cespedes declares free agency and signs elsewhere, the hope is that Jay Bruce -- whose $13 million option for 2017 will be picked up -- will help offset the loss. Still, Collins noted about the potential loss of Cespedes: Thats a big piece to miss. Collins added that the Mets desperately need catcher Travis dArnaud to rebound after hitting .247 with four homers and 15 RBIs in 75 games this past season. The oft-injured dArnaud spent nearly two months on the disabled list with a rotator cuff strain. Collins could not say whether it was time for the organization to start plotting other options behind the plate. First of all, the expiration side, thats [general manager] Sandy [Alderson]s department, Collins said. I only worry about the guys weve got. And right now weve got to get Travis dArnaud better. Weve got to get him better. No. 1, weve got to keep him somewhat healthy. You cant keep losing your mainline guys for two months. He had 250 at-bats when he should have 500. Youre talking about a guy who missed half the season. Weve got to get him better. He is going to be one of our No. 1 projects in spring training. Weve got to get this guy back, and weve got to get his bat going. If he is what we thought hes going to be, hes a middle-of-the-lineup guy who can do damage from the right side. And you know how bad we need that. Kenny Moore Youth Jersey . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. Rock Ya-Sin Youth Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. http:///...banogu-colts-jersey/ . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. DAVIE, Fla. -- The man in the middle of the Miami Dolphins years-long malaise is back, and wondering how long hell last.Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey returned to practice Tuesday after missing the first four games of the season because of a broken left hip that raised concerns about his career. It was his third hip injury since 2014.Talking to the doctors, all the what-ifs came into play, Pouncey said before practice. You start questioning how long you can play in the league and how physical this game is. Im fortunate to be back as fast as I am.When I first injured this hip, there was a lot of doubt in my mind -- would I ever come back and be the same player? I guess well see today.Pouncey, 27, acknowledged hes mindful of the long-term effects his injuries to both hips might have.We all have concerns long term, every guy that plays in the NFL, he said. But right now Im not too much concerned. I wouldnt put myself in the position to hurt myself or have a setback if I wasnt ready to play.Pouncey rejoins a team off to another slow start heading into Sundays game against Tennessee . The Dolphins are 1/3 in large part because of a sputtering offense that has had trouble running the ball and protecting Ryan Tannehill.Pouncey should help in both areas. Despite his health issues, he was chosen for the Pro Bowl each of the past three years, and might be Miamis best player.He can make a huge difference, Tannehill said. With the belief this team has in him, his work ethiic, the example he sets day in and day out at practice, as well as the player that he is, itll be great to have him back. Peyton Manning Youth Jersey. .A first-round draft pick from the University of Florida in 2011, Pouncey has yet to play on a winning team in Miami. Hes optimistic that can still change this season, despite the slow start.Weve been in this position before, he said. Its only four games in. Weve got 12 games left. Were looking forward to turning this season around and winning a bunch of games here.Pouncey had been sidelined since the second exhibition game against Dallas on Aug. 19.Some pile jumper from the Dallas Cowboys jumped on me, said Pouncey, who failed to get the players identity.He declined to predict whether hell play Sunday, although it seems likely barring a setback. He praised first-year coach Adam Gase for urging patience regarding the timetable.Even Miamis defensive players were happy about Pounceys return to practice.Obviously hes one of our leaders, and a guy that can obviously get the job done and play at a very high level and bring other guys around him, defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh said. So Im excited to have him back.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve-Wine. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/steven-wine ' ' '