But if there is a positive to be had, returning to Turf M | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 21 '19
ALLEN PARK, Mich. Linus Ullmark Jersey . -- Detroit receiver Golden Tate is back and the Lions are reaping the benefits.Tate, who struggled during the Lions 1/3 start, has played an important role in Detroits two-game winning streak, finishing with a career-high 165 receiving yards Sunday in a 31-28 win over the Rams. His 23-yard touchdown tied the score at 28-28 in the fourth quarter.Obviously, its great to see him have a big game, coach Jim Caldwell said Monday. He had a really fine game and you know hes capable of it. Hes a talented, talented guy. I anticipate hes going to have more of those.Tate never got discouraged, despite a rough opening four games in which he had 14 receptions for 95 yards and no touchdowns. He finished with one catch for one yard in Detroits 17-14 loss at Chicago in Week 4.Im kind of a forget-the-past guy, Tate said. Just keep grinding, keep working. I cant control when the ball will be thrown to me or what side (Matthew) Stafford is looking at. When my number is called, I can control from then on.The Lions have been calling his number more often. In the victory over Philadelphia two weeks ago, Tate had three catches for 39 yards, including a third-down reception that helped set up the game-winning field goal. He was targeted 10 times against the Rams, finishing with a season-high eight receptions.Tate, who averaged 20.6 yards per catch Sunday, also had a touchdown overturned in the third quarter when officials ruled he was down by contact near the end zone. The 61-yard reception set up Staffords scoring pass to Anquan Boldin two plays later, giving Detroit a 21-14 lead.With the Lions (3-3) potentially saving their season with two straight wins, things dont get easier. Detroit hosts Washington (4-2) on Sunday, and the Redskins enter on a four-game winning streak.The way we practiced the last two weeks, were hard to beat, Tate said. Every position played good, solid football (against the Rams). When we didnt, it was because of mental mistakes. Youve got to love that we kept our composure and kept fighting.Detroits turnaround has also quieted the rumors surrounding Caldwells job security, although the Lions coach was not patting himself on the back.The season is not over. Its not even close to being over, Caldwell said Monday. We have to do better this coming week, better than we were last week. If we dont, were going to have problems.All of Detroits games have been decided by seven points or fewer, including one-point and three-point wins the past two weeks.When games are really tight at the end, it takes a certain mindset that you dont get nervous, dont get out of whack, Caldwell said. Our guys are developing in that area. Its not necessarily something wed like to happen every single week, but well take it any way we can get it these days.Stafford has been pleased with the Lions ability to handle adversity.Whether its Week 1 in that situation that we had to come from behind and win (against Indianapolis), or these late fourth-quarter comebacks that we had these last couple weeks, we just seem to rise to the occasion, Stafford said. Thats the NFL and it comes down to the fourth quarter more often than it doesnt. Youve got to make the plays to win it. Casey Mittelstadt Jersey . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. Dominik Hasek Jersey . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. http:///...ichel-sabres-jersey/ . After Martin Skrtel put the Reds in front from close range at Stamford Bridge after only four minutes, Hazard hit back in the 17th with a superb strike. Etoo gave Jose Mourinhos team a decisive lead from Oscars back pass in the 34th. Manchester City did their heavy lifting during the week by qualifying for the knockout round of the Champions League.Now they try to string together consecutive Premier League victories for the first time in nearly two months Saturday against Burnley at Turf Moor.The Citizens (8-3-1) ensured they would be in the round of 16 in Europes most prestigious club tournament for the fourth straight year with a 1-1 draw at Borussia Monchengladbach on Wednesday. David Silvas goal in first-half stoppage time canceled out a marker by Raffael and ensured City would finish second to Barcelona in Group C with one match to spare.I am so happy to be there (in the knockout phase), manager Pep Guardiola told Citys official website. The first part of the season is so important, to qualify for the next round. We did it -- and now we can focus on the Premier League.I am so satisfied for all the games. I was a trainer here in Germany and I know how difficult Gladbach are. But we did it, which is why it is big congratulations to the team.About the only downside to their qualification is that City will face one of the eight group winners in the first knockout round. But after reaching the semifinals last year -- their deepest penetration in club history -- Guardiola thinks his team can cause problems of their own.We know that in Europe every team you play can cause you problems, he told The Mirror. But were improving. We have to improve in Europe and I believe we can do that. … In the finals, all the teams will be really tough.Manchester City would like to resume being tough domestically.After starting the season with six wins on the trot, they have claimed just two in their last six league matches (2-3-1) and are in third place, one point behind Chelsea and trailing Liverpool on goals scored.But they are coming off a 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace in which Yaya Toure made his long-awaited return. Reportedly banished because his agent got into a row with Guardiola, the Ivorian international bagged a brace in his first playing time of any sort since Aug. 24, and he could wind up beiing a key player for Citys Premier League title hopes since he was left off the Champions League roster by Guardiola. Zemgus Girgensons Jersey. .The last two months he was amazing in the training sessions. His behaviour was absolutely perfect, Guardiola said of Toure, whose style doesnt make him a perfect fit for Guardiolas fast-paced ball movement.His teammates love him. Hes another guy who will help us with the rotation in the team.Burnley (4-2-6) slipped to 12th in the table after absorbing their heaviest loss of the season, 4-0 at West Bromwich Albion on Monday. The Clarets continued their struggles on the road, having taken just one point from five matches while being outscored a staggering 13-1 in those contests.They were fully deserving of everything and we simply werent, manager Sean Dyche told Burnleys official website. Me as a manager, because I know my own team, I thought it just doesnt look like us. There was not enough energy, enough fight actually. We were outgunned on every level, more or less.The lack of offence continues to be a concern for the Clarets. Their 11 goals are better than only new boys Middlesbrough and Hull City, and the team seems to be overly reliant on Welsh forward Sam Vokes, who has four of them. But if there is a positive to be had, returning to Turf Moor -- where Burnley have claimed all but one of their 14 points with a 4-1-2 mark -- could signal a fightback.We need to pick ourselves up. Its a massive game and hopefully we can get some points from that, winger and Iceland international Johann Gudmundsson said. (City) are a fantastic team. But we have shown against good teams we can play really well, so we will do that next weekend, definitely.The Clarets got the better of City in their last season in the top flight in 2014-15, taking four points off the Citizens. Their 1-0 victory at Turf Moor on George Boyds goal March 14, 2015, is Burnleys lone win in four Premier League matches between the teams (1-2-1). ' ' '