d his receivers faltered badly.We had six drops, or he ( | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 21 '19
WINNIEPEG -- If Nikolaj Ehlers was a soccer player in a Central American country, he would be signing up for the Witness Protection Program right about now. Terry Porter Jersey .Fortunately for the Winnipeg Jets right winger, he plays hockey for a living. He has also been one of his teams best players of late so his personal safety will not be an issue after he inadvertently shot the puck past his own goaltender to score the overtime winner for the Colorado Avalanche in a 3-2 loss on Friday night in Denver.The Danish-born forward and his teammates flew back home Saturday morning to get ready to face the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday afternoon at the MTS Centre.Ehlers already had two assists but few people remembered them after his errant pass -- made while he was battling against the boards with two Avalanche forwards deep in his own zone -- caught Michael Hutchinson by surprise and slipped between his pads instead of going to the intended target, defenseman Toby Enstrom.I thought I had two guys right by me and I just tried to throw it in the middle and get (our) two guys going, he told the Winnipeg Free Press.The silver lining is the single point moved the Jets (7-7-2) into third place in the Central Division with 16 points. The Minnesota Wild are one point behind but have four games in hand.The Kings come to Winnipeg on a two-game losing streak, having fallen to the Ottawa Senators 2-1 on Friday and the Montreal Canadiens 4-1 on Thursday.Los Angeles is fourth in the Pacific conference with a record of 7-8-0.The Kings are hoping their captain, Anze Kopitar, is a fast healer. He left Fridays game because of an apparent injury to his left arm after taking a hit along the boards from Senators defenseman Marc Methot.Kings coach Darryl Sutter told the Los Angeles Times hes optimistic Kopitar will suit up against the Jets.Hes the kind of guy who is going to try to play, Sutter said.Sutter isnt sure whats wrong with goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made his first start since Oct. 18 on Friday night, but pulled himself out of the game after the second period despite working on a shutout.Early indications are Zatkoff sustained a lower-body injury. He previously was nursing a sore groin. Peter Budaj replaced him and gave up two goals to take the loss.The Jets have more than their fair share of players in sick bay, too.Forward Mathieu Perrault was put on the injured reserve list Saturday, necessitating the recall of Quinton Howden, while recently-healed defenseman Tyler Myers left Friday nights game because of a lower-body injury in the third period.On the bright side, defenseman Jacob Trouba, who recently ended his contract hold out, returned to the lineup for the first time this season and ate up a lot of minutes. Jusuf Nurkic Blazers Jersey . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Damian Lillard Jersey . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. http://www.blazersteamofficial.com/Zach-Collins-Blazers-Jersey/ .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. WEST POINT, N.Y. -- To start his third season at West Point, coach Jeff Monken duplicated his first game at Army -- in spades.Last weeks season-opening 28-13 win over Temple at Lincoln Financial Field was a breakthrough moment of sorts for the Black Knights: it obliterated the memory of their previous game there, a 21-17 loss in December to archrival Navy that ended Armys second 2-10 season in four years; was their first win in 13 tries at the home of the Philadelphia Eagles; and it came against a team that had a breakout 10-win season in 2015.The thing that I was probably most pleased with was that at no point in the game did I feel that our guys lacked the confidence to win, that they were concerned or worried about what might happen next, Monken said.Army will try to build on that success when it hosts Rice on Saturday at Michie Stadium. These Owls also dropped their season opener, 46-14 at Western Kentucky. The Hilltoppers finished with 552 yards passing and 97 rushing, amassing 649 yards. Rice failed to put pressure on quarterback Mike White and had only 288 total yards offensively in a sloppy game.They all tried to do more than theyre capable of at times, Rice coach David Bailiff said. They just have to relax and play, and were going to be just fine. Well get it worked out. The great news is that it wasnt an effort thing.Other things to know when Rice visits Army on Saturday:DROP THISTyler Stehling is the starting quarterrback for Rice for the first time in his career. Gary Trent Jr. Blazers Jersey. He threw for 183 yards and ran for 85 yards and a score against Western Kentucky. He also threw two interceptions and his receivers faltered badly.We had six drops, or he (Stehling) could have had a magnificent night, Bailiff said. Weve got to eliminate those drops. Everybody is going to drop a couple, but you cant drop six.TURNOVERS RULEThe Army defense enters the game with three interceptions, half its total for all of last season. The Black Knights lead the nation in turnover margin, tied with seven other schools. Last season, Army finished 113th (-0.92) in that category.KEEP IT ON THE GROUNDThe Army option gained 329 yards rushing against Temple on 67 attempts and scored four touchdowns. Monken wants to get 1,000 yards rushing from the quarterback spot, but the fullbacks starred against Temple. Andy Davidson had 121 yards on 21 carries to pace the attack.IS THIS THE YEAR?Army has had only one winning season -- 7-6 in 2010 under Rich Ellerson -- since Bob Sutton led the Black Knights to a 10-2 mark and a national ranking 20 years ago.WIN STREAKRice has beaten Army five straight times, including all three meetings at West Point.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Kekis on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Greek1947 ' ' '