ected to show the first name of Motley is Jo | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jul 21 '19
FINHAUT-EMOSSON, Switzerland -- For a fleeting moment in the dying minutes of the 17th stage of the Tour de France Wednesday, it was like the good old days for Chris Froome. Richard Dent Womens Jersey .The Tour leader was inside the last two of 184 kilometres from Berne to the summit of Finhaut-Emosson, racing at his limit but on Australian Richie Portes wheel. It was a scene that had been played out time and time again in past races as teammates, foremost being in the Tours of 2013 and last year which eventually saw Froome win overall.While still good friends, they are no longer teammates. Porte is now the leader of the American BMC team following five years with Sky. The Australian is intent on taking back as much overall time on Froome as possible, but the Briton responded with an important counter-chase to extend his lead to second-placed Dutchman Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo).I dont think it was really possible to go much faster there. Richie seemed to be doing just fine there on his own, Froome said. Tactically for me there is no really need for me get on the front and starting pulling in the final.Tomorrow is going to be crucial and this is the first day of a four day block. Richie is one of strongest guys in the mountain I think. It was clear for me today just about following him. Its a massive bonus to take more time on the rivals.It was an important chase also to ensure that Porte, while starting the day in seventh place four minutes and 27 seconds off the lead, did not gain time on him with with three hard days the Alps still to come.Yet it was also about minimising his effort to be as fresh as possible for Thursdays stage 18 mountain time trial, which Froome did. His overall lead grew on Mollema to two minutes 53 seconds and on fellow Briton Adam Yates (Orica-BikeExchange) to two minutes 53 seconds.Pressed on racing in the break with Porte, Froome said: It did bring back a few memories. It was nice to ride with an old teammate again. But this time he was putting me under pressure. I was just staying on his wheel and I followed him to the finish. I definitely feel as if there was quite a battle going on for top five positions especially for podium positions.Among the overall contenders, Porte was the one who gained most from Wednesdays stage. He was naturally pleased with his ride in a Tour that had been marred by a time costing flat tyre in stage two with five kilometres to go and the Mont Ventoux fiasco on stage 12.I really want to be on the podium so [they are] the moves you have to pull. I have felt strong. I am happy with how it all went, Porte said after the stage, adding that he his relishing his role as a BMC team leader after five years riding at Sky as Froomes wingman.Its different for me now at BMC. I am riding for myself. Its a bit different to the role I have had before. I am enjoying it day by day. The team has put some confidence into me. I am happy with how today went but there are three more hard days until [the finish in Paris.]Porte said his attack was not planned before the stage begun. It happened after a number of other moves. After the collective attempt by Astana of Italian Fabio Aru to set tempo and crack the Sky train that has controlled the Tour so well failed, Valverde and Irishman Dan Martin (Etixx-QuickStep) attacked separately ... both reeled in by Froomes teammates.Then when Skys tempo eased ever so slightly, Porte struck, as he explained: I spoke with the sports directors this morning and they said to me, Use your head, and if you feel like it, attack ... I have to [gain time] anyhow. So when the tempo was not so fast there it was a good time to get a gap like that. They chased hard. I suppose it was a good sign.Porte expected an attack from Colombian contender Nairo Quintana who clearly suffered, finishing 16th. While he is still fourth overall, he is now three minutes 27 seconds behind Froome.I thought Quintana was the one that was going to go so I sat on his wheel, Porte said.With one Alpine stage down, the Tour now faces a second on Thursday, but it will be a mountain time trial -- stage 18 from Sallanches to Megève.It is a crucial one, said Porte. I know I need to have a good time trial to try to take some more time. I have shown today that I am climbing well so I will take confidence out of today.Quintana is still hopeful of a late charge. But he also appeared to be looking beyond this years Tour to future editions of the race for opportunities to win it overall.I still have a lot of years, Quintana said. I am 26, and there are a lot of people ahead of me who have more experience. I still have a lot of years ahead of me to fight for the yellow jersey dream.I didnt have a great day today. I expected more because I had good sensations, but my body didnt feel good in the end. I did the best I could. I hope I can recover as best I can so I can react well, just like I have the past few years. Dick Butkus Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Brian Urlacher Womens Jersey .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. http:///...hester-bears-jersey/ . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas -- Baylor couldnt get Johnathan Motley going early, Manu Lecomte was fighting his shot and the 20th-ranked Bears found themselves trailing for one of the few times this season.Their response? Cut down on turnovers, frustrate VCU defensively and grind out the tough baskets, a formula that helped Baylor hold off the Rams 71-63 on Wednesday in the opening round of the Battle 4 Atlantis.When youre shooting well and the games coming easy on the offensive end, its easy to have that carry over on the defensive end, Baylor coach Scott Drew said. It takes the mentally tough players when theyre not making shots they normally make to make sure it doesnt carry over and affect that on the defensive end.Motley scored 14 of his 19 points after halftime. Al Freeman scored 15 points, hitting three baskets during a critical second-half sequence for the Bears (4-0).In addition, Lecomte shook off a rough shooting game to finish with 16 points, including a hanging layup while being knocked to the ground for a three-point play to go with several key free throws in the final minute.You needed toughness to play in this type of game, Freeman said.JeQuan Lewis had 21 points for the Rams (3-1). They went without a basket for roughly 6 1/2 minutes during the second half.VCU used a late-half burst to lead 36-28 at the break and shot 58 percent in the opening half, but it cooled in the second half as the Bears defense tightened. VCU shot just 35 percent after halftime.I think we played really well for about 25 minutes, VCU coach Will Wade said. It got away from us the last 15 minutes.BIG PICTUREVCU: The Rams just couldnt find someone to step up and make a big basket as the empty possessions mounted during the critical second-half stretch. That included a run of six straight misses with a few turnovers during that field-goal drought.We have to play a full, complete game to be beeat the best teams on our schedule, Wade said. Akiem Hicks Jersey. We werent able to do that today.Baylor: Drew could at least feel good about his teams response after falling behind late in the opening half and then trailing through the first 9 minutes of the second half, especially with how it had just five second-half turnovers after committing 11 in the first 20 minutes. Baylor had led for 94 percent of game time through its first three games.I liked the way we fought back, Motley said.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Bears entered the AP Top 25 this week after upsetting Oregon at home last week. Baylor could only help its standing in the three-games-in-three-days event, especially with No. 10 Louisville and No. 24 Michigan State lurking in the bracket.LECOMTES DAYLecomte had made just 2 of 11 shots before that three-point play with 51.1 seconds left. He also went 10 of 11 from the line, including a 7-for-7 effort in the final minute.I was struggling shooting so my job was just to find the hot man ... and they did a great job finishing, he said.FREEMANS FINISHESFreeman, a 6-foot-3 junior from Charlotte, North Carolina, hit a driving shot then followed with a big 3-pointer off a crosscourt feed. His third big basket came when he drove by Jordan Burgess for a score to push the lead to 60-53 with 3:07 left.UP NEXTVCU: The Rams will play St. Johns, which lost to Michigan State, on Thursday on Day 2 of the three-day tournament.Baylor: The Bears will play No. 24 Michigan State in the semifinals on Thursday.---This story has been corrected to show the first name of Motley is Johnathan, not Jonathan.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '