n reading fellow ESPN columnist and | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jul 21 '19
Rory McIlroy has dismissed comments about the potential risk of injury from his current intense training regime. Rasmus Ristolainen Sabres Jersey . The world No 3 has regularly used heavy weights since switching his routine to prevent injury six years ago, in an attempt to try and prevent injury.Veteran golfer Brandel Chamblee questioned whether McIlroy risked facing similar back problems that plagued former world No 1 Tiger Woods by using weights, but the Northern Irishman doesnt share those concerns. Ahead of the Northern Trust Open, McIlroy said: I definitely feel like the more I got into exercise and fitness and everything, the better my game became. McIlroy makes his Riviera debut this week I think from the start of 2011, the direct correlation between leading a healthier lifestyle and my performance on the course was the sameObviously Im trying to be strong, but the whole reason I started this is because I was injured.Click on the video above to hear more from McIlroy Watch the Northern Trust Open throughout the week live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf Also See: Rory ready for busy spell McIlroy rues Dubai errors Spieth excited for Riviera Golf live on Sky Sports 4 Alexander Mogilny Jersey . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Vladimir Sobotka Jersey . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. http:///...rgeon-sabres-jersey/ . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. The NFL season is in full swing, and with the AFL done and dusted for another year -- congratulations to the Bulldogs, by the way -- it means I can now give full attention to my other major sporting love. I havent always followed American football, but its fair to say I am a massive fan now.The first game of NFL I ever saw live was in 2008, at a freezing cold Meadowland stadium in New York watching the Jets play the Bills. Former Geelong fullback and one of the first Aussie NFL punters Ben Graham had kindly organised us tickets. To say we (myself and six Saints teammates) were excited was an understatement. To say we left disappointed was an even greater understatement - we saw five field goals and a 9-6 scoreline. Hardly a good advertisement for the game.Fast forward almost 10 years and I cant get enough of it, probably thanks to my American wife Cath. The AFL offseason coincides with start of NFL/college seasons, so I get over exposed once I get to the US for my end-of-season break.The NFL is vastly different to footy in so many ways, but the more Ive developed an understanding for the game, the more my appreciation has grown. I love the athleticism and raw power of the athletes - I think that would be obvious to anyone who watches.A few years back, the Saints flew to Colorado for off-season training and we were privileged to spend time with the Denver Broncos. The pure size of the players is what struck me most but I was also blown away with how athletic the really big guys are. Sure I knew the receivers, corners and running backs could move, but Id underestimated the speed and agility of the others.People often ask about switching codes and who could play what position. The skill sets in both our sports are so specific, I think anyone attempting a transition Jarryd Hayne-style would find it extraordinarily difficult, as Hayne experienced at the 49ers, and former Gold Coast utility Joel Wilkinson also discovered in his brief time with the Arizona Cardinals.Prior to meeting my wife and becoming a Houston Texans fan, I really just followed the great players. Ive always loved Tom Brady but more recently have been extremely spoilt to watch on a weekly basis one of the all-time great defenders, pass rushers and Houston icons in J.J. Watt. He is 65 and 295lb (134kg) and can box jump over five feet - check it out on Youtube!Athletic attributes aside, many NFL players are highly entertaining. Culturally they are celebrated for being outlandish, outspoken and controversial, far more than players in the AFL. Some of the post-touchdown celebrations that have clearly been choreographed that seem to fly over there would be derided and chastised by a player kicking a goal in Australia.Ive also come to love the strategy and small nuances in American football. Like any sport, I enjoy watching the great teams with brilliant systems and coaching such as the New England Patriots, and I love watching the premier quarterbacks dissect a defence and alter plays at the line of scrimmage - ala Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Pat Lafontaine Jersey. In the ultimate display of power, speed and strength which is the NFL, there is still a place for brains and cunning.The television and media coverage is outstanding and by watching with those that truly know the game, my love and appreciation has only been enhanced. Despite this, its always difficult watching games live in Australia given the time difference.However, the fantasy football craze dictates that I stay well and truly up-to-date on all the games. Ive been in a league with a bunch of random AFL types for the past seven years, including Adam Kingsley, Matthew Primus and Jacob Surjan. Im also in a league with 10 St Kilda players and one in Houston with my mates there.Perhaps the only aspect of the game I dont like is its stop-start nature. Attending live games, the league caters for this by filling in the blanks with entertainment for the crowd, whether that be acknowledgements to the armed services or on-field activations involving fans. Over the past seven years Ive been lucky enough to attend the majority of Houston and Baylor University home games during my time in the States.College fans are generally more passionate than NFL supporters from what Ive witnessed. Every weekend, thousands of past and current students go back to the hundreds of colleges around the States to cheers on their alma mater. Consider this: last year, four colleges (Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama and University of Texas) all averaged home crowds of more than 100,000. Thats more than the MCG on grand final day! And also consider this: legendary Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh earns around $AU7m a year, which is more than 26 NFL coaches. Thats how big college football is.When Im in Texas over the off-season, we attend every Baylor home game and Ill admit Ive become a fully-fledged Bears fan. They have recently completed a brand new 50,000 seat stadium on the Brazos River in Waco, which they fill every week. Its easy to see why some American football fans prefer the college game to NFL, as it tends to be a far more attacking style of game than the pro version, and therefore fans enjoy higher scores and more frequent big plays.NFL - and other major American sporting codes - seem to be gaining in popularity among Australian sporting fans. There are several others at the Saints who share my passion for the game and AFL-wide the appreciation seems to be growing.Ive taken great interest in reading fellow ESPN columnist and NFL fan Josh Jenkins take on the game and wouldnt mind challenging him in one of our fantasy leagues next year. And if he ever feels like joining the Saints, Im always looking for someone to practice throwing spirals with at training! ' ' '