pport and to keep a positive attitudpport and to keep a positive attitud | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jul 21 '19
A look at whats happening all around the majors Saturday:---WINNERS AT WRIGLEYThe Cubs can set a team record with their 57th home victory when they host the Cardinals at Wrigley Field. Bouteille swell La Baie . Jason Hammel (15-9, 3.56) is trying to prove himself worthy of a postseason rotation spot for the NL Central champs, though he hasnt helped himself with a 6.87 ERA in three starts this month. Rookie Alex Reyes (3-1, 1.03) gets his fourth start for St. Louis riding a scoreless streak of 11 1/3 innings.RICKS ROLLRick Porcello (21-4, 3.08) can become baseballs second 22-game winner in the past five years when Boston plays at Tampa Bay. Jake Arrieta won 22 games while earning the NL Cy Young Award last season, making him baseballs biggest winner since Justin Verlander won 24 times with Detroit in 2011. Porcello likely only has two starts left, so Verlanders mark is out of reach, but that win total combined with his late-season dominance -- hes 7-2 with a 2.38 ERA since Aug. 1 -- could give him an edge in the AL Cy Young race.BUILDING UPClayton Kershaw (11-3, 1.73) tries to stretch out even more before the postseason when the Dodgers face the Rockies. Kershaw was limited to 66 and 64 pitches in his first two starts after returning from the disabled list, then jumped up to 88 pitches in a 2-1 win over the Giants in his last start. Despite missing more than two months, Kershaw (6.1) entered Friday trailing only Jose Fernandez (6.2) in wins above replacement, per Fangraphs .RIGHT THAT RANGERThe Rangers hope to get Yu Darvish on track in a game against Oakland before beginning what they hope is a deep postseason run. Darvish (5-5, 3.81) has a 7.47 ERA in his past three starts, including when he allowed seven runs over five innings last time out against the As. Darvish is stumbling at the end of a season that included his successful return from Tommy John surgery, though Texas is just 8-7 this season with their Japanese ace on the mound.SEARAGES LATEST STARIvan Nova starts vs. Washington looking like yet another success story for Pirates pitching coach Ray Searage. After going 7-6 with a 4.90 ERA with the Yankees this season, Nova is 5-1 with a 2.93 ERA in nine starts with the Pirates following a trade Aug. 1. Nova has just three walks in 55 1/3 innings with Pittsburgh, helping him produce a video game-like 15.00 strikeout-to-walk ratio.GIANT STRUGGLESMadison Bumgarner (14-9, 2.57) leads San Francisco against the pesky Padres, who had beaten the Giants six straight times before losing 2-1 on Thursday night. Bumgarner is coming off a dominant start against the Dodgers, when he threw seven scoreless innings of one-hit ball in a 2-1 loss. In his six starts previous to that one, Bumgarner had struggled to a 5.30 ERA. swell France . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. Bouteille SWell Marbre .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.swellbouteille.fr/bouteille-s-well-bois-france.html . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Carolina Hurricanes forward Bryan Bickell has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, the team revealed Friday afternoon.The 30-year-old was acquired by Carolina from the Chicago Blackhawks in the offseason, and he had appeared in seven of Carolinas 13 games this season, scoring once while averaging 9:42 in ice time per game.Since the 2015 playoffs, Ive been struggling to understand what was going on with my body, Bickell said via a statement released by the team Friday afternoon.Again during the past few weeks, it felt like something wasnt right, Bickell added. Obviously this is a bit of shock for my family and me, but I am hopeful I will be able to return to the ice and continue playing the game that I love.Hurricanes general manager?Ron Francis asked for Bickells privacy to be respected.First and foremost, the most important thing is for Bryan to take care of himself, and our thoughts are with him and his family, Francis said in the same statement. He will need to take some time to rest in the immediate future, and we will support him as he takes the necessary steps for his health. We ask that his privacy be respected during the process.Blackhawks president and CEO John McDonough released the following statement on Bickell:Our thoughts are with Bryan, his family and the Carolina Hurricanes during this challenging time. He has built so many lasting relationships in Chicago both inside and outside of the Blackhawks organization based on his play on the ice and character off of it. Together, we will keep him in our thoughts during his fight against the disease.Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville also addressed the news, saying, Hes a special guy. Were thinking about him, and our thoughts and prayers are with him. Its tough to hear something like that. He has a tough road ahead. He was speecial for us and instrumental in us having a lot of success here. swell Gourde. We wish him well.Bickell was part of three Stanley Cup-winning teams in Chicago.Its pretty shocking. What can you say? Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews said. I think everyone in this room, in this organization, as close as we all are to Bicks, our hearts go out to him. We wish him the best health possible. Hopefully he can hang in there and find ways to stay strong despite his condition.Bickell is the second NHL player in recent years to be diagnosed with MS, an incurable disease that attacks and scars the protective covering of nerves in the brain and spinal cord.Minnesota Wild goaltender?Josh Harding was diagnosed with the disease in November 2012. Harding played sparingly after his diagnosis.Another former goalie, Jordan Sigalet, was diagnosed with MS in late 2003, and he has been a vocal supporter of research into the disease. Sigalet, a former standout at Bowling Green State University, is currently the goaltending coach of the Calgary Flames. He told ESPNs Joe McDonald that he would reach out to Bickell.I know first-hand what Bryan is going through, and it comes as a shock at such a young age when you are an elite athlete and in the prime of your life, Sigalet said.For me, it was great to have my teammates and family around for support and to keep a positive attitude and outlook. The disease is so different for everyone, but there are so many great treatments and resources available today that can help manage the disease, Sigalet added. My thoughts go out to him and his family, and I wish him nothing but the best.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. ' ' '