e first racing block in this Tour done, theres still much more in it | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
x123 Jul 21 '19
CLEVELAND -- With help from teammates and clubhouse workers, Michael Brantley slipped his uniform over his head and the sling cradling his right arm. Niklas Hjalmarsson Jersey .Nothing was easy this season for Brantley, who missed so much but wanted to be a part of the team photo -- a keepsake for a year he probably would rather forget.Brantley, who recently underwent a second operation on the right shoulder he injured late last season, spoke Tuesday for the first time since the Aug. 15 surgery. Although disappointed that he was limited to just 11 games, the former All-Star, who endured numerous setbacks during his failed comeback, said his only goal at the moment is to help the Indians reach the postseason.Im here for them, he said.Brantley expects to have his arm harnessed for six more weeks as he recovers from the most recent procedure in which his biceps was moved to take pressure off his shoulder.As he gets well, Brantley is cheering on the Indians, who lead the AL Central by 4 1/2 games and are closing in on their first division title since 2007.I still feel like Im almost there in the game sometimes when Im rooting from the couch when theyre on the road, except Im not able to be there for them, he said. I basically turn into a super fan. But thats all right. I get the chance to be in this locker room and be in this atmosphere and do anything I can to help a young guy, any question they have.Brantleys season never really got started.He initially injured his shoulder last September while diving for a ball in Minnesota. He had surgery in November and came along quicker than expected in spring training. He was activated in late April and played in 11 games before he was placed on the disabled list in May.Over the next three months, Brantley did everything he could to get back in the lineup. But every time he seemed to get close, there was another obstacle.It didnt go his way, but Brantley has no regrets.I feel like I did everything in my power and so did the Cleveland organization, he said. I felt great at times. And at times I didnt feel so well. It was something that just happened. Im not happy it happened. I want to be out there and play with my team, of course. I did everything this organization asked me to do and I know I gave it my all. I dont think it was mishandled at all.Brantleys resolve was not lost on his teammates or manager Terry Francona, who marveled at his determination.Nobody is every going to second-guess, ever, his commitment, Francona said. The guys know what hes been through. Thats part of it. There are a lot of things about him that make you respect him, not just like him, but respect him. If he could play now, he would. Hed take that sling off and play.And thats part of why we feel hell come back and hell find every way to be as good as hes ever been. Thats just kind of how hes built.Brantley anticipates being back for the start of training camp, where he will again try to get back to being one of the ALs best all-around outfielders. He has already begun rehab, which will be long and challenging.My main goal is when I come to spring training, Day One, I dont have any limitations, he said. I want to be able to play from the time they say `Play Ball the first day I get there. I dont want to have any restrictions at all and have a normal, easy camp. Lawson Crouse Coyotes Jersey . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Niklas Hjalmarsson Coyotes Jersey .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. http:///...inen-coyotes-jersey/ . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. Throughout the Tour de France, Australian professional cyclist Richie Porte will be checking in. Here is his latest entry, as told to ESPN contributor Rupert Guinness:Stage 9: Viola DAron to Andorra Arcalis - 184.5km By Richie PorteWeather was a massive talking point lot after the final Pyrenees stage of the Tour de France on Sunday. It was not hard to understand why. Lets face it. That was some pretty extreme weather to race in -- or rather, a pretty extreme change of weather to race in.It says something for cycling that the race continues in that weather. It also says something for the fans who remained to watch the race. Although, I reckon they were rewarded with some pretty good racing, from Dutchman Tom Dumoulin winning the stage like he did in a solo attack, to the race that unfolded between us for the overall classification, to those who fought to finish in conditions that punished big time.Riders handle conditions in different ways. You get riders who like the heat, or race well in the wet and cold; or even some who adapt or dont to when the weather suddenly shifts like it did in Sundays ninth stage that took us 184.5km from Viola DAron in Spain to Andorra Arcalis over a route that included five major mountains, the last to the finish.I was okay with the conditions that struck. Ive raced and trained in them before several times and found it was not too bad. To be honest, you just get on with it.As foor how the stage unfolded, I was very happy with it. Christian Fischer Coyotes Jersey. I felt great and enjoyed attacking there on the last climb. It gives me confidence going forward into the Tour to know that on what I always thought would be one of the hardest stages that I can climb with the big favourites in this years Tour. Okay, I didnt get time off Chris Froome (Sky) or Nairo Quintana (Movistar), but taking the front foot and finishing as I did showed that I should be ready to produce my best in the mountains to come -- from Mont Ventoux on Thursday to the Alps.It was also handy to gain some time on some other riders and move up a few places overall.As Ive said all week since losing time to a flat on stage two, the thinking behind my moves is not rocket science. I need to get time back, and Im determined to give it a shake, even if I know its going to be hard to get away as I would like to. Non one is going to let me go just like that. Still, with the first racing block in this Tour done, theres still much more in it to unfold.But I know I am not alone in saying that Im glad the rest day has arrived. The first nine days of this Tour have been hard days - and long days with 1766.5 kilometres now covered.However, Im good physically and mentally. And after a days rest I should even better for it. ' ' '