being fined for criticising a referee in November.I dont | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
x123 Jul 21 '19
Jamie Whincup has kept himself clear of a Sandown shake-up to claim pole position for Sundays 500km Supercars classic. Mikkel Boedker Jersey .Together with co-driver Paul Dumbrell, the sports statesman found clear air on Saturday afternoon to claim a third-straight Sandown 500 pole.Garth Tander in car No.2 will join him on the front row, with Volvo pair Scott McLaughlin and James Moffat earning places on the second row with determined drives across the three-stage qualifying process.Further back, it wasnt so simple.Craig Lowndes and the Ford quartet of Mark Winterbottom, Chaz Mostert, Cam Waters and Scott Pye were the biggest losers on a tumultuous days racing.Winterbottom and Lowndes watched on as their title bids were shaken during the co-driver qualifying race.On the first turn of their first lap, Winterbottoms partner Dean Canto made contact with Lowndes co-driver Steve Richards, turning car No.888 around.Canto had burst from 11th on the grid into the top six but earned a drive-through penalty for his effort, which also claimed Tony DAlbertos DJR Team Penske Falcon.DAlbertos co-driver Pye struck out at Canto for his stupid approach.Hed already made up a few places. I mean how many do you want before the first corner? he said.Lowndes recovered to qualify 12th, with Pye and Winterbottom due to start 21st and 22nd respectively.The Falcons suffered further blows, with Mostert blowing his front-row position to finish fifth after a slow start.Waters was shunted off the track by Moffat and will start last, completing what team boss Tim Edwards summarised as a shocking hour.There was drama, too, for Shane van Gisbergen, who bashed Fabian Coulthard out of the way before redressing his error.I just mucked up ... Im sure he will complain on Twitter, van Gisbergen said.Coulthard - who was on track for a top-six finish before further tangles with Will Davison - finished 12th and stormed out without speaking to media.At the front, Whincup couldnt contain his delight at pinching a pole that could allow him to extend his championship lead.We were very happy with today. The cars been excellent all weekend, he said.The boys either side of me (Tander and McLaughlin) are very quick so its going to be a lot of fun in the 500k race tomorrow.Tander said he missed the drama behind him after his best qualifying effort of the season.It looks like there was plenty going on. Up the front, Jamie, Scotty and I were pretty boring, he laughed.SANDOWN 500 QUALIFYING RESULTS:1. Jamie Whincup (Holden)2. Garth Tander (Holden)3. Scott McLaughlin (Volvo)4. James Moffat (Volvo)5. Chaz Mostert (Ford) Craig Anderson Jersey . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Thomas Chabot Senators Jersey . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. http:///...son-senators-jersey/ . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Western Sydney defender Jonathan Aspropotamitis doesnt believe Jai Ingham meant anything sinister when he stomped on his leg, saying the Melbourne Victory winger apologised to him after their A-League collision.Wanderers fans cried for a red card after the pair were caught in a tangle late in the second half of Saturday nights 3-0 Victory triumph at ANZ Stadium.Aspropotamitis, who slid in for a last-ditch challenge, was still prone when Ingham looked to have given him a roughing-up.His knee appeared to have made contact with the young stoppers head but replays suggested Ingham had been attempting to wriggle free with Aspropotamitis arms around him.Referee Chris Beath dished out a yellow card to Ingham, who Aspropotamitis said actually got him on the leg.I was hurt. I got sttomped on the lower part of my leg, on my calf, he said. Dylan DeMelo Jersey. I thought he had done something to me, but in the end he apologised to me and we moved on from it so it was all good.Ill have to see it again but in the heat of the battle I didnt think he meant anything by it.Coach Tony Popovic was reluctant to comment on the incident after being fined for criticising a referee in November.I dont want to talk about the officials. Ive had enough of doing that, Popovic said.I dont want to say what I thought. Its better I dont say what I thought about incidents.We all have opinions. I have an opinion (but) Im not sure we can do anything about it. ' ' '