only the second time, saying Ali -- who Ring called by h | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 22 '19
INDIANAPOLIS -- Teenage racer Colton Herta might have been the feature attraction of just about any other major driver announcement. Hydro Flask Estándar Boca .On Thursday, the American teenager took a backseat to everyone else on center stage -- Yankees owner Hank Steinbrenner, son George Steinbrenner IV and former racing star Michael Andretti.The Steinbrenners and Andretti announced that two of Americas best-known sports families were becoming co-owners of an Indy Lights Series team next season and that the 16-year-old Herta will drive the No. 98 car.Its going to be awesome, Herta said. Its cool walking around the factory here and seeing all the old faces I havent seen for a few years.With Herta as the driver and the 20-year-old Steinbrenner IV serving as team principle, it could be one of the youngest pairings in IndyCar history.But there will be an all-star lineup to help out the youngsters.Andretti now has four cars in the second-tier Indy Lights and four more in the IndyCar Series.And while all of the drivers in the developmental series are under age 25, the primary series has a star-studded cast: 35-year-old Ryan Hunter-Reay, the 2014 Indianapolis 500 winner; 25-year-old Alexander Rossi, who won last years 500 as a rookie; 29-year-old Marco Andretti, the 2006 runner-up at Indy; and 39-year-old Takuma Sato.Need more?Michael Andretti, Marcos father, and former world champion Mario Andretti, Michaels father, will help get the Steinbrenners up to speed on succeeding in their newest venture.And if thats still not enough, Herta can always call his father, Bryan, a former driver for Andretti Autosport who won the 2011 Indianapolis 500 as the car owner for the late Dan Wheldon. The younger Herta said he wanted No. 98 as a tribute to Wheldon, a two-time 500 winner, and intends to use an updated version of his fathers helmet design.Not surprisingly, the Steinbrenners enter the business with big expectations.I met Colton about four years ago when he was racing in the Skip Barber Series, George Steinbrenner IV said. Weve kind of kept in touch ever since. I feel like we know how we can work together to the point that we can start winning races this year.Herta appears to have a promising future after winning the 2013 Pacific Formula F1600 championship, finishing third in the 2015 MSA Formula championship and winning four times in Europe last year. He will now compete full-time in his home country for the first time since 2014.Andretti also has a solid track record working with young drivers, including Carlos Munoz in 2012. Four years later, the Colombian racer is becoming one of fastest rising names in the primary series.For the Steinbrenners, getting involved in racing is not a hobby.As a kid growing up, I really liked open-wheel racing -- Formula One and IndyCar. Thats what I loved, those two and drag racing, top fuel, Hank Steinbrenner said. I was a big Jim Clark fan in Formula One and I was a Mario fan in IndyCar. I followed Mario very closely, and you could put him in anything and he could win.Hank Steinbrenner said he and his father, George III, shared a passion for horse racing and automobile racing, a passion apparently that has been passed down to George IV.So all Herta must do now is put one of racings most impressive brand names in Victory Lane.Its a match made in heaven, Michael Andretti said. My goal is not to have ever them (the Steinbrenners) ever want to leave. I wanted to do it together because I think it could be stronger for both of us. Hydro Flask 21 Oz . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. Botellas Hydro Flask . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. http://www.botellashydroflask.es/hydro-flask-32-oz.html . PAUL, Minn. The Ring Magazine is making Muhammad Ali its 1966 Fighter of the Year, a half-century after refusing to give him the award because of his disapproval of the draft for the Vietnam War and connection with the Nation of Islam.The boxing magazine said it was righting a wrong by retroactively naming the late heavyweight great as the best fighter of 1966.The editors at that time obviously felt strongly that Ali, while succeeding in the ring, didnt meet other criteria they deemed important, said Michael Rosenthal, the magazines editor-in-chief. But we can see the injustice by todays standards even if we take issue with some of things Ali said and did.Ali won all five of his fights in 1966 and did so in impressive fashion. He was at the peak of his career, which was soon to be interrupted for three years while he fought courts over his refusal to be drafted.But the magazine declined to namme a fighter of the year for only the second time, saying Ali -- who Ring called by his former name, Cassius Clay -- did not meet the moral criteria for the award. Hydro Flask España. .Most emphatically is Cassius Clay, of Louisville, Ky., not to be held up as an example to the youngsters of the United States, wrote Dan Daniel, a co-founder of the magazine, at the time.Ali would later have his conscientious objector status upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court and resumed fighting in 1970. He was named the magazines fighter of the year in 1972, 1974, 1975 and 1978 along with his original award in 1963.Ali died in June at age 74 after years of battling Parkinsons.The story on the retroactive award, as well as the original 1967 story, will be in Rings March 2017 issue. ' ' '