e net. A lot of it is some fancy plays, east-west plays, when we can be driving the net more. Its what te | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 22 '19
NEW YORK -- For the first time ever, the New York Mets and New York Yankees will play each other in August. Brad Marchand Jersey . That wont be the only new wrinkle in the annual Subway Series, which begins Monday with the Mets hosting the Yankees in the opener of a two-game series at Citi Field.For only the second time since interleague play began in 1997, the Mets (54-50) will take the field as the reigning National League champions. There will not be the same buzz this week that surrounded the regular-season games between New Yorks clubs in 2001, the year after the Yankees beat the Mets in five games in the first World Series pitting Big Apple teams against each other since 1956.Still, New York-New York games bring a little something extra, as Mets second baseman Neil Walker is primed to learn over the next four days. The Yankees will host the Mets on Wednesday and Thursday.I think its going to be an exciting week, Walker said after he went 3-for-4 with the go-ahead three-run homer in a 6-4 win over the Colorado Rockies that stopped a four-game losing streak for the Mets, who are 2 1/2 games behind the Miami Marlins in the race for the National Leagues second wild card.First time Ive been involved with a Subway Series. The guys talk about how awesome it is (to) see all of New York come together. A good opportunity for us to hopefully get some wins and get back on the road and keep grinding it out.And for the first time in the interleague era, the Yankees will be in full-fledged rebuilding mode when they take the field Monday. The Yankees continued dismantling a fringe contender Sunday morning, when left-handed reliever Andrew Miller was traded to the Cleveland Indians for four prospects.Later Sunday, the Yankees fell to 52-52 with their fourth straight loss, a 5-3 defeat at the hands of the Tampa Bay Rays. The Yankees are seven games behind the Baltimore Orioles in the American League East and 5 1/2 games behind the Boston Red Sox in the race for the second wild card.Miller was dealt six days after the Yankees previous closer, left-hander Aroldis Chapman, was traded to the Chicago Cubs in exchange for four players.Its obviously tough -- its the part of baseball thats a business, Yankees designated hitter Alex Rodriguez said Sunday. Miller was a very, very popular guy in here, both on the field and in the clubhouse. Just a great asset to us and hell be missed. The Tribes getting a good closer. But I hear we got some good prospects back.Mets right-hander Logan Verrett is scheduled to oppose Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia in the series opener Monday night. Verrett has never faced the Yankees while Sabathia is 4-2 with a 3.22 ERA in seven career starts against the Mets. Adam Oates Jersey . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Jeremy Lauzon Jersey . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. http:///...strom-hockey-jersey/ . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. The Los Angeles Kings are limping to the end of their five-game road trip, but theyre not alone in injury woes.The Colorado Avalanche are nursing some key injuries as well.The Kings (7-8-1) are expected to be without Anze Kopitar due to an upper-body injury while the Avalanches leading scorer, Matt Duchene, is still out with concussion-like symptoms. That means two of the most important players for both teams wont be on the ice when they meet at Pepsi Center on Tuesday night.Kopitar is not officially ruled out for the game but according to the team website, he is taking anti-inflammatories and is in a holding pattern, and until the area improves he wont be able to do much.Thats a tough break for a team that is already without its No. 1 goaltender, Jonathan Quick, for a significant stretch. Backup Jeff Zatkoff left Fridays game with groin spasms so veteran and former Avalanche top goalie Peter Budaj, who started the season in the American Hockey League, will probably start against Colorado.Budaj has been in net for all seven of the Kings victories, and hes looking forward to playing against Colorado.Its great to come back, he told the teams website. I think Montreal is definitely a special place. Id been there three years but Colorado is more like my home -- I mean obviously Im Slovakian so thats my home -- but I lived here, I started my professional NHL career here, so its a very special place.Budaj will face a team struggling in coach Jared Bednars first season at the helm. The Avalanche (6-8-0) are coming off a 2-0 home loss to Boston on Sunday in which they were outshot 44-21. It was the fourth time this season Colorado has been shut out, and the second time at home.The Avalanche have just 17 goals in their last 12 games and are 3-for-25 on the power play in the last five games.Not having Duchene for the second straight game will hurt. Gerry Cheevers Jersey. He was scheduled to skate Monday but didnt feel well enough to get on the ice. The hope is he can be out for the morning skate Tuesday.He didnt feel he was ready to skate (Monday) morning with the group, so (the training staff) gave him the morning (off) to see what comes of it (Tuesday), Bednar told HockeyBuzz.com Monday.Colorado is going to have lineup changes for the game against Los Angeles. Forward Blake Comeau is back after missing four games with a groin injury and A.J. Greer, who made his NHL debut Sunday as an emergency call-up, will be back in San Antonio of the AHL.In addition, defenseman Patrick Wiercioch is expected to replace Eric Gelinas in the lineup, but Colorado still has to fix its offensive woes.Were not getting enough shots through to the net is one issue from our blue line, Bednar told HockeyBuzz.com. We can do a better job of finding some lanes and getting some playable pucks down to the net. A lot of it is some fancy plays, east-west plays, when we can be driving the net more. Its what teams are doing against us and having success.After Sundays shootout loss in Winnipeg, the Kings are 1-2-1 on their road trip and could finish .500 with a win Tuesday.The Avalanche are trying to even their record on this four-game homestand before heading out for three games. Getting the offense going might be as simple as scoring a few goals to get the confidence back.Sometimes when you go through scoring slumps you start to maybe press a little more, Comeau told HockeyBuzz.com. I think its going to take one game where everythings clicking, where we get some greasy goals, get the confidence back and go from there. ' ' '