ncy.Weve got the platform to build off as long as | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 27 '19
CLEVELAND -- Hue Jackson tapped his right hand on the side of the podium as he tried to find a way to describe being 0-12 in his first season as the Cleveland Browns coach. Tom Meschery Jersey . As he spoke, his eyes started to well up and his voice broke ever so slightly.Being 0-12 is probably ... the hardest thing ever, Jackson said after the teams 12th loss in 12 games, 27-13 to the New York Giants.Jackson quickly composed himself, but this was the first real sign of emotion that the coach has shown in a long season. The more he spoke, the more it was evident that every loss is taking a piece out of him.Its been a long 12 weeks, Jackson said. Sundays news conference started about 20 to 30 minutes late.Jackson said he simply had a regular postgame assessment with management that went long, and he said he is not worried about his job.Im going to be here, he said. But he also said hes going through something hes never experienced.I dont like losing, Jackson said. I never have and never will. Ive had my butt kicked up enough over my shoulders enough this season that I really dont need my butt kicked anymore.The Browns are every bit of their record. Opponents have not scored fewer than 24 points in a game. The Browns have started three quarterbacks and had seven different players throw a pass. The past four games, the offense has scored 10, 7, 9 and 13 points.Jackson would not second-guess his decision to gut the roster -- he called it a reboot --?and load it with rookies. When Sundays game started, 18 of the teams 53 players were rookies.Im not going to get into all that, Jackson said. None of that matters right now. We have the team we have, and Im just going to keep coaching the heck out of them.As he has done all season, Jackson said the responsibility and blame is his. But he also said that given the roster and the events of the season, everything has to go perfectly for the Browns to win.And its not going to be perfect, he said.The players stand behind Jackson, saying he has maintained the same attitude with them all season.It is hard on everybody, quarterback Josh McCown said. It is really frustrating because you see the effort put in every week and the way that everybody (is working) and the way that coach Jackson is leading the team and the energy that he brings, no matter what our record says.A week ago, after the Browns loss to the Steelers, Jackson spoke extra long in the locker room. On Sunday, Jackson spoke long with management.I think its tough to be in the situation were in because everybody wants an answer, he said. Its this, its that, its exactly this. Well, Im not going to give you an answer. What it is, is coach Jackson. When the season started, Jackson said the Browns would win by hook or by crook.It hasnt happened, but Jackson said he believes his players have not quit, and he believes this struggle will not last.I told our players, and I mean this and Im going to tell all of you: This will be the last time, this year, that we ever feel the way we feel, he said. I know that in my heart. I know that without question.With a bye coming and games remaining against Cincinnati, at Buffalo, against San Diego and at Pittsburgh, Jackson said theres four opportunities to win, theres another four opportunities to lose.Battered and emotional as he is, Jackson still has not lost all of his bravado.Youre going to get us, you better get us now, he said. And Im not feeling like this next year. There is no way. Andrew Bogut Jersey .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. DAngelo Russell Jersey . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. https://www.cheapwarriors.com/559o-jeff-mullins-jersey-warriors.html . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. DALLAS -- Jamie Benn will open a season coming off a playoff series victory for the first time in the Dallas captains career, while Patrick Sharp hardly knows any other way.Together, theyre trying to take the Stars beyond the second-round exit of last season, which ended with a humbling Game 7 loss to St. Louis.If Tyler Seguin can stay healthy alongside Benn, his fellow high-scoring All-Star forward, and Dallas can find a way to make a two-goalie system with Kari Lehtonen and Antti Niemi work a little better, the Stars should be in contention.It was fun last year, Sharp said of his first season in Dallas after spending 10 years with Chicago and winning three Stanley Cup titles. I think we broke through in a lot of areas and proved to ourselves and the league that we can be a top team. If everybody improves a little bit and we commit to what we did last year, good things can happen.Benn didnt make the playoffs his first four seasons before Dallas lost in the first round to Anaheim in 2014. He won the league scoring title a year later when the Stars missed the playoffs.Dallas finally broke through with a Western Conference-leading 109 points (50-23-9) last season and a six-game victory over Central Division rival Minnesota to start the postseason.Just needed to get out of the first and you didnt make it through the second, so we know how hard it is, said Benn, who signed an eight-year, $76 million contract extension in the offseason. I think we go into this year with that mentality of a playoff team and play like a playoff team and just try to build and keep getting better.Things to consider as the Stars go after their first extended postseason run since 2008, when they lost to Detroit in the West finals:EARLY INJURY BUGSeguin has been out in the preseason with a hairline fracture of a heel sustained while getting ready for the World Cup. Thats after missing all but one playoff game last season because of an Achilles injury. Hes expected to be ready for the opener Oct. 13.Another center, Cody Eakin, will miss at least the few weeks of the regular season after injuring a knee in a camp practice, and promising forward Mattias Janmark could miss thee season after surgery for a joint disorder in a knee. Clyde Lee Jersey. Radek Faksa, another young forward, is dealing with a concussion.Its better to get those out of the way now, said Benn, who was eased into preseason work after abdominal surgery in the offseason.TWO GOALIES AGAINLehtonen and Niemi split time in the regular season and the playoffs, and coach Lindy Ruff doesnt think the approach will be much different. That includes using both to manage the busier parts of the schedule. While the system helped boost Dallas to the top seed in the West, it failed them in the playoff finale when Lehtonen gave up five goals in the first two periods of a 6-1 loss to the Blues.I think it took us a long time to kind of learn when youre not playing and when you are playing last year, Lehtonen said. But now we know what to expect so I think thats going to be easier. Still never know how its going to go.SETTLING INSharp, a forward, and defenseman Johnny Oduya were getting used to a new home a year ago after winning a Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks. If Jason Spezza is any indication, theyll be more productive. Spezza struggled his first season in Dallas two years ago after 11 seasons in Ottawa, then almost doubled his goals last season.Much more comfortable, much more feel at home, Sharp said. The guys were very welcoming last year, but being 10 years in one spot, its tough to move.YOUNG DRuffs biggest concern is the consistency of a young group of defensemen highlighted by budding stars John Klingberg and Stephen Johns. The Stars believe in their youth at the blue line enough that they traded the rights to nine-year veteran Alex Goligoski to Arizona. Dallas gave Oduya a fellow veteran in the group by adding Dan Hamhuis in free agency.Weve got the platform to build off as long as we can get our young defensemen in the right place, said Ruff, going into his 19th season after spending his first 15 as a coach in Buffalo. By no means do I think its going to be easy.---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler ' ' '