in Kent cricket and wanting to achieve something here. I want to play for England through Kent, and I w | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Jan 6 '20
SALT LAKE CITY -- Lawmakers on Tuesday released the results of a wide-ranging audit of the University of Utah athletic department that was prompted by its cancellation of the 2016 basketball game against rival Brigham Young University. Authentic Custom Yankees Jersey .Among the most interesting findings was that Utes coach Larry Krystkowiak had not yet repaid the $80,000 it cost to cancel the game, an expense he promised to personally cover.Krystkowiak is instead making four payments of $20,000 over four years. He made the first payment out of his private foundation, Krystko Foundation.In canceling the game, Krystkowiak said the teams needed time to cool off after BYU guard Nick Emery was kicked out for throwing a punch during the 2015 game.The move angered Ute and Cougar fans and triggered a debate on social media that even Utahs governor weighed in on.The university told auditors that Krystkowiak used money that he gave to the foundation, not donor contributions, to pay the cancellation cost, but auditors say they cant confirm that because the foundations records are private.Krystkowiak declined comment until he could examine the audit.Citing the rivalry, lawmakers on an audit subcommittee requested the report in February, a month after the game was canceled. Its findings were largely unremarkable.House Speaker Greg Hughes, the only subcommittee member who attended BYU, said then that the review would allow an understanding of athletic department revenues.At a hearing Tuesday, Hughes and other members of the subcommittee pored over the report, spending more than an hour questioning auditors and the schools president and athletic director about equipment, budget and other findings. They did not ask about the canceled game or the rivalry.Rep. Brian King, D- Salt Lake City, said some saw the audit as punishment for the canceled game, but he thought it provided useful information and reflected well on the school.Utah president David Pershing said the school agreed with the audits recommendations recommendations for tighter controls of the departments budget and operations and said the school is making the changes.The series dates to 1909 and was only canceled once -- in 1944 due to World War II.Utah and BYU are scheduled to meet again in December 2017 and in 2018 as part of the newly formed Beehive Classic.Utah, BYU, Utah State and Weber State will play in a December basketball tournament that starts in 2017 and runs each year through 2019.The audit focused on granular operations of the athletic department such as whether audio visual equipment and electronics were properly labeled and inventoried and how recently locks were replaced on buildings.Legislature Auditor General John Schaff said Schaff he didnt know how much the efficiency and effectiveness audit cost, but three staff members and an intern have been working on it since late March, while juggling other projects.Its the first time Schaffs office has audited a university athletic department.The 72-page report also found that salaries for most coaching staff increased significantly after the school joined the Pac-12 in 2011, and expenses have also jumped in an effort to compete with other Pac-12 schools.---AP Sports Writer Kareem Copeland contributed to this report. Custom Mariano Rivera Jersey . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. Alex Rodriguez Jersey Large . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. http:///...rsey-large-594i.html . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. It has been an odd season at Kent CCC. They could not make it past the group stages in the competition they were tipped to fare best in, the T20 Blast, but are right in the mix for promotion to Division One in the County Championship, and are preparing for a home quarter-final - against Yorkshire on Thursday - in the Royal London Cup.Equally, their players continue to reach for higher honours and the areas deep well of talent shows no signs of drying: Sam Billings has been to the IPL and with England, while Daniel Bell-Drummond shone for the Lions.And yet, theres been a quiet but constant state of turbulence at Canterbury.On April 18, Kent legend Robert Key returned from India, having taken to broadcasting like a duck to water during the World T20, and decided the hunger to reach 60 first-class centuries had dipped. The 54 he had, a bit of telly and a bucketload of golf would do just fine. His team-mates were shocked, and the beating heart of the dressing room and 18 seasons of experience (nine as captain) were gone, taking a roomful of laughs with it.Then, on May 23, Kents high performance director (and former wicketkeeper), Simon Willis, left to take up a similar role with Sri Lanka, under former Kent coach Graham Ford. Willis, as director of Kents newly-formed academy from 2003, had overseen the development of a charmingly homespun young squad, and six internationals. Off went another lynchpin.To top things off, on June 27, bowler Matt Coles behaviour during a trip to Cardiff was investigated by the club. He would not play for a month as he - not for the first time - addressed his relationship with alcohol. Were the first and third events linked? Certainly Key had been Coles mentor, and the man known for keeping him in check.At the eye of the storm sits Sam Northeast, Kents new captain, top run-scorer and full-time busybody. Batsman Joe Denly describes Northeast as first in the nets, last to leave. Sams always trying to be better. When arranging this interview, there are three delays. First, because Northeast is in a selection meeting; then hes travelling to Hampshire to watch Kents second team; finally hes looking at his squads contract situation for next season. Only James Vince is a younger county captain - Northeast is 26 - but few can be more hands-on.Such is life at a club like Kent, where the resources are stretched and the staff small. We dont… he says, pausing, have the luxury of millions of backroom staff and scouts and whatever. Its a big effort from a small group of people, we pull together and from the academy, the youth structure, everyone. There can be benefits to this - everyone knows each other, its a family environment, and that helps. We have to put in a big shift. All of us.Northeast is as Kentish as Key; its where he grew up and his name is one that has been whispered since he scored 19 hundreds in a term at Wellesley House prep school aged 13. He played plenty for England Under-19, and his success leading Kents limited-overs sides last season meant his elevation to the top job, in time, seemed a given.Im learning on the job, just like anyone else. I took a lot from Keysy, both tactically and in work ethic. He was a great mentor, as well as having a pretty serious cricket brain, and all those runs. He pretty much ran Kent cricket for all those years…Its been very different not having him around, for all of us. People look to you for inspiration and leadership because he did that for so long, and maybe we took that for granted. I only noticed when I stepped into the role how much of a big hole was left when he moved on.What of those tough patches? Its been an interesting season, certainly, he says, whilst swiftly citing the support of senior players like Denly, Darren Stevens and James Tredwell, plus Billings itinerant experience. Willis, he says, is a huge loss - not just a vital, visible cog at the club, with his pawprints all over the squad, but a key player in Northeeasts own development as a hands-off coach who never imposed himself on his charges. Wholesale Custom Yankees Shirts. Denly has been mighty impressed. He hasnt let the pressure of captaincy bother his batting, and his on-field persona is very calm. He can be a bit fiery when he gets out, but who isnt? Hes dealt with distractions well, and he has good people around him with lots of experience, and the powers that be at Kent are in pretty good shape.Despite their losses, Kent are in pretty good shape. Last year they earned headlines for not being able to afford an overseas player, but this year - one way or another - Tom Latham and Kagiso Rabada were recruited. Denly has signed a new deal and Northeast is confident they will not lose young stars and can, in Willis absence, with Min Patel at the helm, continue to produce talent.For the first team, starting against Yorkshire, it is business time. We go in as underdogs, says Northeast. The pressure isnt on us, they will have all the internationals which is great. It would be awesome to get a sellout, the club deserves a big day like this, and hopefully we get out on top. We are up there in Division Two because we have been pretty solid all season, but I think we are well suited - especially the bowlers, Treddy, Stevo - to 50-over stuff. But every game is massive now. Were young, so inconsistent, but are learning fast. Northeasts own form - not least 995 Championship runs, including four massive hundreds (the smallest being 166) - has been a vital factor in Kents rise. After some mixed seasons opening, he is settled in the middle order, and knows his game: I have found a spot where I like to bat, especially with the captaincy, after however long in the field, its quite nice to have that little period where you dont have to strap the pads on. I have a lot of sympathy for Alastair Cook when he does it. Thats pretty extraordinary. I look back and cant believe I ever opened. Its mad.He uses former Kent team-mate Martin van Jaarsveld as inspiration because he was a guy who just never settled and never stopped trying to improve. Ahead of the 2015 season, he and Willis worked on making him a more adaptable batsman, particularly in the shorter forms, so he did not just hit to cow corner. The results were instant, as only two players scored more T20 Blast runs than him, and his century famously trumped Chris Gayles as Kent won a thriller in Taunton.Another run glut, this time against red balls, has flowed lately. Across my career, Im a guy who tends to make the most of my form. Ive felt great recently, and when you feel a millions dollars its key to capitalise. Unfortunately Ive been stuck in the nervous 190s lately.Those big centuries have caught the eye, and Northeast is unashamedly ambitious, making no bones about being desperate for England recognition, having - surprisingly - never even made a Lions squad. He is aware, too, that playing in Division Two naturally does hold you back in peoples perceptions, and there is a gap. In the past, particularly in 2013, there were questions about whether he might leave, but he has remained loyal, even as the more eye-catching - but no less effective - talents of Billings and Bell-Drummond have created more headlines.So is he - as captain of a promising squad, building something (and sometimes holding things together), at his home club, his team - left in a quandary?At the moment, I wouldnt leave to further my England case, no, he says. But can you ever say never? My heart is very much in Kent cricket and wanting to achieve something here. I want to play for England through Kent, and I want to get Kent into Division One and back up there as a force, one of the leading counties in England. Its been an ambition of mine to captain Kent and take the club as far as possible. Im very lucky.So, you sense, are Kent. ' ' '