by upsetting fourth-seeded Benoit Paire of Fby upsetting fourth-seeded Benoit Paire of F | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jan 6 '20
INDIANAPOLIS -- Brittney Griner had 20 points and four blocks, Diana Taurasi scored 13 of her 19 points in the fourth quarter and the Phoenix Mercury beat the Indiana Fever 79-65 on Tuesday night. Luke Voit Jersey .Taurasi scored 10 of Phoenixs 12 points to start the fourth quarter, including an open 3-pointer from the wing that made it 64-50.DeWanna Bonner added 14 points and Penny Taylor scored 10 points for Phoenix (13-14), which is ranked sixth in the AP power poll. The Mercury moved into sixth place in the WNBA standings.Erlana Larkins had 12 points and eight rebounds, and Lynetta Kizer added 10 points for seventh-ranked Indiana (12-14). The Fever were held to 20-of-60 shooting (33.3 percent), including 3 of 17 from distance. Indiana didnt make its first field goal until Jeanette Pohlens 3-pointer with 2:10 left in the first quarter.Indiana Pacers forward Myles Turner sat courtside.SUN 89, STARS 62UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Alex Bentley scored 21 points, Jasmine Thomas had 14 points, six rebounds, six assists and four steals, and the Sun beat the Stars.Bentley made back-to back 3-pointers to start the game as the Sun scored 22 of the first 27 points. Thomas and Bentley each had eight points during the spurt and Connecticut cruised from there.Alyssa Thomas and Chiney Ogwumike each scored 16 points for Connecticut (10-17), ranked ninth in the AP power poll. Camille Little was the only starter not in double figures for the Sun but she tied a career-high with seven assists. Jonquel Jones and Shekinna Stricklen added nine points apiece off the bench.Connecticut made 59 percent of its shots in the first half, including 5 of 6 from 3-point range. San Antonio was held to 9-of-29 shooting (31 percent) in the opening 20 minutes.Astou Ndour scored 12 points, and Moriah Jefferson and Monique Currie each added 10 points for 12th-ranked San Antonio (6-20). Randy Johnson Jersey . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. Clint Frazier Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. http:///...sey-large-1704i.html . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap.STUTTGART, Germany - Fabio Fognini of Italy beat top-seeded Tommy Haas of Germany 6-4, 6-2 on Friday to reach the semifinals of the Mercedes Cup. Second-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany avoided a similar upset by beating Gael Monfils of France 6-4, 6-4 to advance. Haas saved four match points before sending a backhand wide to send Fognini into his third semifinal of the year. He lost the previous two, in Acapulco and Monte Carlo. "Its my second semifinal in Stuttgart, maybe I can go all the way," Fognini said. "I just played my tennis and it worked for me." Fognini will next play Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain, who advanced when German opponent Michael Berrer reetired with a left elbow injury. Gary Sanchez Jersey. Agut was leading 6-2, 0-1 when Berrer quit. Haas, at 35 the oldest player in the top 100, said Fognini played better on the key points. "I had five break points in the second set and if you dont use them you cant win," Haas said. Victor Hanescu of Romania also reached the semifinals by upsetting fourth-seeded Benoit Paire of France 7-5, 6-2. Its the first time Hanescu has made it into the last four of a tournament since Nice in 2011. He now has a 4-0 record against Paire, all on clay. Hanescu next faces Kohlschreiber, who was up two breaks of serve in each set before closing them out. Monfils had seven double-faults. ' ' '