to see that caution, Edwards said. That w | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 8 '20
In Rajkot, Englands spinners took more wickets and conceded fewer runs than Indias. Custom Colorado Avalanche Jerseys . That too on a pitch that did not take too much turn until the final day. Visakhapatnam appears likely to provide a lot more assistance to the slow bowlers and there was a notion that home advantage may backfire on the home team. India coach Anil Kumble did not share this notion.The fact that they took more wickets than Indias spinners in Rajkot doesnt mean that a spin-friendly pitch here will be a disadvantage for us, he said on Tuesday.Last week at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Ground, R Ashwin had to settle for only three wickets in 69.3 overs and Amit Mishra conceded upwards of four runs per over in both innings. Both, however, had to bowl their first-innings overs when the pitch was at its flattest. It had a curiously slow rate of deterioration as well, prompting Ashwin to change his bowling action in the second innings in an attempt to make balls rip off the deck.But those memories, as well as those of their fourth-innings wobble, when they lost six wickets in 52.3 overs while batting to save the Test, seem to be firmly in the past for India, at least according to Kumble.I dont like to read too much into that batting that happened in those 70 overs, he said. If you look at that, probably if [Cheteshwar] Pujara had taken the DRS, probably it would have been 170 for 1 and probably people would have focussed more on the pitch.Bolstering that belief were the positives Kumble had seen over the five days in Rajkot. Pujara and M Vijay struck battling hundreds and Ashwin compensated for his lack of wickets with two important knocks in the lower middle order. The first of them ensured Englands first-innings lead was kept to 49 and limited the time they could give their bowlers in the final innings.It was a performance where I thought it was a good batting surface and there were six centuries - two from us and four from the English batsmen, Kumble said. It was a good Test match but unfortunately we couldnt get a result.Kumble also made special mention of Indias fast bowlers who were able to find reverse-swing when it looked like none of Englands could.Both [Mohammed] Shami and Umesh [Yadav] bowled exceptionally well on that surface. They got it to reverse as well and they troubled all the English batsmen.I think all our fast bowlers have been doing well and we will continue to try and see how we can ensure we put together a plan to pick up 20 wickets,An area that India know they need to improve, though, is their catching. They dropped three chances in the first half-hour in Rajkot, which contributed to their having to chase the game for the rest of its duration.Its just that the one area where we certainly probably let ourselves down was our catching and this team really prides itself in its fielding and its catching, Kumble said. Thats something that we are obviously aware of, going into this Test match. Colorado Avalanche Pro Shop . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Avalanche Jerseys 2020 .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. https://www.cheapavalanche.com/ . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- Carl Edwards latest championship loss might have been even more painful than his first.Leading the NASCAR season finale with 10 laps to go and closing in on his first title, Edwards wrecked while blocking fellow contender Joey Logano on a restart Sunday night.Logano turned Edwards sideways and sent him sliding across traffic at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Kasey Kahne slammed into Edwards rear bumper, lifting the No. 19 Toyota off the ground. Edwards spun, hit the outside wall and came to a stop on the track. Edwards climbed out, stood on the banking -- not too far from his wrecked race car -- and watched a replay on a big screen.Edwards shook his head and muttered damn as he realized he essentially caused the melee.I couldnt go to bed tonight and think that I gave him that lane, Edwards said.The move cost Edwards and Logano.I dont blame him, Logano said. He had to throw the block. Its the only move I had. Im not going to look back at it and second guess that move. I had to do that. Thats the only play I had. ... I understand why he had to throw the block and he understands why I had to make the move because that was for the win.That was the only shot that I had. That was for the race win. Its 10 to go. What do you expect? Its for a championship.Jimmie Johnson ended up winning the race, tying a NASCAR record by claiming his seventh championship. Logano finished fourth, two spots ahead of Kyle Busch. Edwards was 34th. Johnson, Logano, Busch and Edwards were the only title contenders in the finale.We had a few moments there throughout the day that we thought we were kind of on the outside looking in and didnt really see a very good shot of winning it, said Busch, who battled back from a lap down to have a shot down the stretch. And then all of a sudden it seemed like we had a really good shot to win the thing. We were up front and kind of driving away from those guys behind us ... and then we were out of it again.Edwards handled the loss with so much class that several colleagues celebrated him for it.Edwards brushed off a request to take an ambulance ride to the infield care center, instead making the trip on foot. He stopped by Loganos pit stall, climbed up on the box, chatted with crew chief TTodd Gordon and shook hands with everyone up there. Avalanche Jerseys 2021. Yeah, no apology, Edwards said. I just wanted to say, `Hey, thats just racing and good luck to you guys. Theres so much on the line. I dont want to be anything extra to mess with Joey.Edwards got checked out in the care center and then gave a pep talk to family and friends, high-fiving each of them. It was a show of sportsmanship rarely seen in defeat in NASCAR, especially with so much on the line. He was even more supportive of his team, including crew chief Dave Rogers.They put it in my hands, Edwards said. Thats all you can ask for. ... It didnt work out. This is life. We performed well. We did our best. I just risked too much and Dave told me before this race its a pretty big reward and remember risk gets reward and I just had to push it.Edwards led 47 laps before finishing 34th in the race and fourth in the final standings.But his season will be remembered for another oh-so-close ending.Five years ago, Edwards and Tony Stewart had a head-to-head showdown at Homestead for the title. Edwards, then driving for Jack Roush, started the finale with a three-point lead in the standings and did everything he could from the minute he arrived in Florida. His Roush Fenway Racing team put his Ford on the pole, he led a race-high 119 of the 267 laps and still finished second to Stewart.Stewart and Edwards finished tied in the final Sprint Cup Series points standings -- a first in NASCAR history -- and Stewart took the tiebreaker based on his five victories to Edwards one.Edwards started watching a replay of that 2011 race earlier this week, but ended up turning it off in disgust.He surely wont want to watch this one, which left him still without a championship in 12 full seasons at the Cup level. And as much as the restart ended Edwards night, a late caution caused by little-known driver Dylan Lupton caused as much frustration.I just hated to see that caution, Edwards said. That was very, very frustrating. I felt like that was our race and our championship, but hey this is how racing goes.---More AP auto racing: www.racing.ap.org ' ' '