regons all-time list.Oregon has won the last | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 8 '20
Like everyone else, he was shocked. Peter Moylan Jersey . The decision of Jordan Younger to retire blind-sided the entire Toronto Argonaut organization, but nobody would feel the impact of that move more than Matt Black. The Toronto native, entering his fifth season in double blue, is now atop the depth chart at Youngers old position at starting safety. Hes established himself as one of the best special teams players in the CFL, but has never started a game. If he gets the nod, hes ready. "I prepare every year like Im going to be the starter, I work my butt off", Black told TSN.ca. "I was excited when I heard the news for myself, sad for the team because were losing great leader, a great veteran, a great friend, a knowledgeable guy that I loved learning from every year, but its a part of the business." Head coach Scott Milanovich is entering his second season with the Argos and has seen what Blacks abilities are, on and off the field. He may be the 59" safetys biggest fan. "I dont know what Matts biggest attribute is; hes got a lot of great things going for him. Hes athletic, hes tough, hes very intelligent, hes instinctive. The good thing about Matt being back there is the way we rotate (personnel) he played a lot last year. Hes been a leader on this team for a while; I think Matt is going to be a natural fit there". While it cant be underestimated how important it is to have the backing of the head coach, Black is more concerned about how he will be accepted as a starter by his teammates. "Its more so winning the trust and respect of the guys around me because they trusted and relied on J.Y. When the bullets were flying he was the guy that organized people and barked orders and got guys lined up where they needed to be and I have to fill the void that he left". Black is right, Youngers departure has left a void but there doesnt seem to be anyone involved with the organization that doesnt think hes the right man for the job. Notes: Mondays practice was once again held at Holy Trinity Secondary School in Oakville ... During drills there were several different combinations of defensive backs as Pat Watkins and Pacino Horne were still out of action ... Black took first reps at safety with Bryan Payton seeing a lot of reps there as well ... The starting defensive line was Kevin Huntley and Khalif Mitchell at tackles with David Lee and Jeremy Geathers lined up at ends. The linebackers were the starters from a year ago, Robert McCune in the middle, flanked by Marcus Ball and Brandon Isaac ... Isaac is consistently the most vocal player at practice ... Left tackle Tony Washington didnt practice Monday, nor did centre Jeff Keeping. The first unit offensive line consisted of SirVincent Rogers and Chris Van Zeyl at tackles, Joel Reinders and Joe Eppele at guards. Wayne Smith moved over to center from guard ... If he continues to impress like he has going back to the first day of rookie camp, Quincy Hurst will be almost impossible to keep off the roster. Hes been a standout every session ... Newly acquired receiver Romby Bryant also looked very good on Day Two ... A familiar face graced the sidelines for the second session of the morning. Donnavan Carter was the Argos first-round draft pick in the 2000 draft. He played eight seasons in the league before entering the coaching ranks. Hes about to enter his first season as the Defensive Coordinator for the OUAs Windsor Lancers after leaving a similar position with the University of Toronto Blues. Hank Aaron Jersey . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. Custom Babe Ruth Jersey .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. http:///...sey-large-1187z.html .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Oregon players held a team meeting without their coaches this week following back-to-back losses.Veteran players addressed their teammates on a practice field Monday, two days after the Ducks 41-38 loss at home to Colorado. The Buffaloes had not defeated Oregon since joining the Pac-12 in 2011.Those kind of things are almost always positive in the end, good in the end coach Mark Helfrich said, referring to the players meeting during his weekly news conference. And like a lot of things, there are words, and then there are actions and commitments that come out of things.Oregon, which played in the national championship game following both the 2010 and 2014 seasons and which has won at least nine games in each of the last nine seasons, was ranked No. 24 in the preseason and climbed to No. 22 with wins against UC Davis and Idaho State.But the Ducks fell 35-32 on the road to Nebraska before last weekends loss to the Buffaloes. It is the first time in nine seasons that Oregon has dropped consecutive regular-season games.There was some talk following the Colorado game that suggested players had grown complacent because Oregon has been among the nations elite teams for the better part of the past decade and because of the spoils that have followed that success -- including flashy new uniforms every week.Weve talked about that every year for many, many years here, I think going back to even coach Bellotti. We have a lot of great stuff here and a lot of great people here, and we have to earn it every single day. That entitlement, that whatever, cannot exist, Helfrich said.Receiver Dwayne Stanford told reporters he was encouraged about the state of the team following the players-only meeting.I feel its good. Guys are hungry. Upset about the loss and upset about their perrformance. Glenn Hubbard Jersey. Guys came out practicing hard, trying to change the outcome, he said Tuesday.He emphasized that it isnt just the young players who should be chastised. They arent out there by themselves, Stanford said. There are 11 guys out there.Quarterback Dakota Prukop, who threw an interception on the Ducks final series of the Colorado game, said hed characterize the Ducks as resilient.Its how you choose to respond. Do you let it bring you down or do you use it as a springboard to propel you forward? Prukop said. We came out today and we threw that exact ball that was the last play last game -- a fade in the end zone -- and we had a lot of success with it. So that felt good, kind of like officially wiping the slate.Cornerback Ugo Amadi said the players message harkened back to the Ducks mantra from the Chip Kelly era: Win The Day.Thats what we want to do every day, is Win The Day. Just go hard, give effort, he said.Up next is Washington State on Saturday in Pullman. The Cougars have struggled this season, too, with losses in their first two games against lower-division Eastern Washington and Boise State, before a 56-6 victory over Idaho on Sept. 17. The team had a bye last weekend.The Ducks could see the return of running back Royce Freeman, who left the Nebraska game early and watched the Colorado game from the sidelines because of a lower leg injury.The depth chart for the game listed Freeman or Tony Brooks-James. Freeman needs 96 rushing yards to move into second on Oregons all-time list.Oregon has won the last three in Washington, but the Cougars upset the Ducks 45-38 in double overtime at Autzen Stadium last season. ' ' '