of Fame Tip-Off at Uncasville, Connecticut on | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 8 '20
CINCINNATI -- Brett Andersons return from back surgery is off to a lousy start. Yadier Molina .Anderson pitched three lackluster innings before leaving with a blister on his left index finger, Brandon Finnegan took a no-hitter into the seventh inning and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 11-1 on Saturday night.Adrian Gonzalez singled to center field leading off the seventh to break up Finnegans no-hit bid, and that was the only hit against the 23-year-old lefty.By then, Los Angeles was trailing 8-0 after Anderson was rocked for four runs in the first inning and another in the second. He gave up six runs in three innings before being pulled with the blister in his second start since having back surgery in March. He allowed five runs in one inning in his season debut Aug. 14 before exiting with a mild left wrist sprain.Tonight wasnt ideal conditions, Anderson said. We wanted to catch (the blister) before it got too bad. I wanted to go out there and provide some innings. My stuff was good, but I gave up hard hits and some weird hits.Finnegan (8-9) allowed two walks and had eight strikeouts, one short of tying his career high, while throwing 96 pitches over seven innings. He also doubled and scored twice while the Reds extended their winning streak to a season-high five games.Finnegan did not return after the game was delayed in the middle of the seventh for 1 hour, 19 minutes because of rain.Cincinnati had a season-high 18 hits, including three each from Peraza and Eugenio Suarez, one night after erupting for three runs in the first inning on the way to a 9-2 win.The game got away from us pretty quickly, manager Dave Roberts said. It wasnt much of a game tonight. It was an ugly game, and it got worse.This was the second time this season Finnegan flirted with a no-hitter. On April 11 at Wrigley Field, he lost a bid with two outs in the seventh on a single by Cubs catcher David Ross.The only no-hitter in the majors this season came in Cincinnati, by Jake Arrieta of the Cubs in a 16-0 win on April 21.Adam Duvall, back after missing four games with an injured foot, hit a three-run homer to cap a four-run first inning and finished with four RBI. Jose Peraza added a two-run shot in the fourth and had three hits and three RBI in his first game after being recalled from Triple-A Louisville on Saturday.PITCHING PLAN: Roberts revealed the Dodgers pitching plans for the series against the Giants. LHP Scott Kazmir will pitch Monday, followed by RHP Kenta Maeda on Tuesday and LHP Rich Hill on Wednesday. Anderson was due to start on Thursday.STREAKING: Besides breaking up Finnegans no-hitter, Gonzalez extended his hitting streak to 13 games.NO CREDIT: Los Angeles RHP Kenley Jansen was announced as entering the game before the rain delay, but he never got to throw a pitch and was replaced by RHP Joe Blanton when play resumed.CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS: Pop singer Paul Simon and actor John Travolta both were at the game. Travolta was shown on the video board dancing to music from his movie, Saturday Night Fever, in the middle of the eighth inning.TRAINING ROOMDodgers: LHP Clayton Kershaws bullpen session was successful, Roberts said. Kershaw threw about 22 pitches and is scheduled for a more extensive test on Tuesday as he tries to come back from a herniated disk.UP NEXTDodgers: LHP Julio Urias (3-2) is scheduled to make his first start since Aug. 8 in Sundays third game of the four-game series. Urias has never faced the Reds.Reds: RHP Anthony DeSclafani (7-1) is to make his fourth career appearance against the Dodgers on Sunday. He has a 2.37 ERA in three career starts against Los Angeles. Daniel Ponce de Leon . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. Kolten Wong .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. http:///...rsey-large-731q.html . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. NEW YORK -- Kansas had already gone through a tough loss this season, falling in overtime to Indiana in Honolulu.On Tuesday night the Jayhawks went from looking like easy winners to facing another excruciating loss. But a short jumper by Frank Mason III with 1.8 seconds to go gave the Jayhawks a 77-75 victory over top-ranked Duke in the State Farm Champions Classic at Madison Square Garden.The play was to iso (isolate) me, and my teammates did a good job of spacing the floor, Mason said. It felt good when it left my hand. `A long 3 at the buzzer by Dukes Frank Jackson was off line.The Jayhawks (1-1) beat a top-ranked team for the eighth time.This was more of a must win for us than it was for Duke. Not that theres must win this time of year, but I think it will do something for us because for the first time we won a game where we shot it like crap, Kansas coach Bill Self said. So hopefully we learned some lessons and know that you cannot be great offensively and still win if you do little things and play aggressively. So I think it should bode well for us moving forward. `Self was all smiles talking about his senior point guard.Hes made a lot of big plays for us, Self said of Mason. I dont know if hes made any game-winners but hes made plays to put us in overtime. Yeah hes a stud.Mason made a big-time play and it was well guarded, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said. He just made a big-time play.Kansas was ahead 62-50 with 8 minutes to play but the Blue Devils (2-1), despite a terrible shooting game by Grayson Allen, the leading vote-getter on The Associated Press preseason All-America team, managed to suddenly start hitting shots and they tied the game at 75 with 15 seconds left on a 3-pointer by Jackson..Kansas called a timeout with 8.2 seconds left and set up the game-winner.That was quite a play we called, just get out of his way, Self said.I just took advantage of the separation I created and I just shot the ball, Mason said. It felt good when it left my hand and I just thank God that it went in.Mason, who had a career-high 30 in the loss to Indiana, led Kansas with 21 points, freshman Josh Jackson added 15 and Devonte Graham had 13.Luke Kennard led five Duke players in double figures with 22 points. Allen finished with 12 points on 4-for-15 shooting.I think Grayson had a very frustrating game, Krzyzewski said of Allen who started the game by making 1 of 12 from the field. I think you cantt expect to get a foul. Custom Cardinals Jerseys. I think hes going to a point where he makes a move and its a good move and he expects a foul. Im not saying theyre not calling fouls. You cant do that. That cant be what youre doing. The last few minutes, he moved well. Hes playing hard when he gets the ball and he needs to play harder when he doesnt have the ball. Its what he did in the last few minutes.Kansas finished 2 for 17 from 3-point range but the Jayhawks shot 50.8 percent overall (33 for 65) including making 60.6 percent of their shots in the second half (20 of 33).Duke shot 48.9 percent for the game (23 of 47) including 8 of 19 on 3s.BIG PICTURE:Duke: In its first two games the Blue Devils held opponents to 55.0 points on 32.3 percent shooting, including 16.2 percent from 3-point range while forcing an average of 17 turnovers. ... This was the 950th consecutive game the Blue Devils made at least one 3-pointer. Thats the fourth-longest stretch in Division I history. ... Duke played again without freshmen Harry Giles and Jayson Tatum who Krzyzewski has said will brought along slowly as they rehab from injuries.Kansas: The Jayhawks were facing an AP No 1 team for the 24th time and the first time since the 2014 Champions Classic when they lost to Kentucky 72-40. They are 8-16 all-time against No. 1s. ... The Jayhawks opening game was a 103-99 overtime loss to then-No. 11 Indiana in Honolulu. If youre going to travel 11,000 miles you might as well get a win, Self said.POLL IMPLICATIONS:Duke was No. 1 in the preseason poll and the first voting of the regular season. That will change this week with the loss. Kansas was No. 3 in the preseason poll, dropped to seventh with the loss to Indiana and the Jayhawks should move up a couple of places with the win over Duke.HELLO MELO:Krzyzewski walked onto the court before the game and went straight across to see Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks. The two shared a hug and a laugh. They combined to win three Olympic gold medals for the United State.UP NEXT:Duke: The Blue Devils stay in the Northeast heading to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off at Uncasville, Connecticut on Friday and Saturday. They open with Penn State.Kansas: The Jayhawks finally get to play in Allen Fieldhouse when they face Siena on Friday. ' ' '