y (knee, quadriceps) and defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (shoulder), all of whom have been ruled out | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jan 9 '20
The Pittsburgh Pirates are promoting top pitching prospect Tyler Glasnow, who will make his major league debut against the?St. Detlef Schrempf Jersey . Louis Cardinals?on Thursday night.?Glasnow, 22, has a 1.78 ERA in 96 innings at Triple-A Indianapolis and runs his fastball up to 99 mph. He was a fifth-round pick in 2011 and has ranked among the Pirates top prospects since breaking out in Class A in 2013.The team announced the move Wednesday, and Glasnow was already in St. Louis. While Glasnow had been expecting the call-up, it took a while before the news sank in with his father, who will be at his debut.My dad answered [the phone], and I told him, Glasnow said. And it didnt register right away with him. He was saying, Yeah, I was just wondering when you are going up. I said, I just told you, and he was like, Oh my God!A 6-foot-8 right-hander, Glasnow will be the second Pittsburgh starter to make his debut in three days, after Steven Brault got a no-decision Tuesday after giving up two runs in four innings against the Cardinals.The rotation spots opened in part because Jameson Taillon, another prized pitching prospect who made his debut this season, went on the disabled list Sunday with right shoulder fatigue.Glasnow became a hyped prospect when his velocity jumped into the upper 90s, but the Pirates are excited by the way he has developed his entire repertoire in the minors, including a promising curveball.Its a downhill angle, manager Clint Hurdle said. Its firm. Its hard. The curveball plays. The changeup hell use aggressively as well. Hes shown the ability to throw those secondary pitches in offensive counts.Glasnow was particularly dominant in June. He strung together 13 consecutive hitless innings during two starts on June 17 and June 22, and he hasnt allowed more than two earned runs in a game at Triple-A since May 12. He leads the International League with 113 strikeouts and allowed few hard-hit balls, ranking fourth by allowing 0.38 home runs per nine innings.The later starts we figured out it was kind of dont go out and try to throw so many strikes, Glasnow said. I got into that and got out of my athleticism and started to try and dot up the zone. With me ... the more aggressive I am, the better I am in the strike zone.Glasnow, a California native, will have plenty of friends and family at the park Thursday, including his parents, brother and cousins.Hes put together a very good volume of work in Triple-A, Hurdle said. Hes continued to grow, understand the skill set that he has and what he needs to do to be successful.Glasnow is No. 6 on ESPNs Keith Laws list of top 50 prospects. Baseball America rated him the No. 14 prospect in baseball going into the season.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.? Dennis Johnson Jersey . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Dick Snyder Jersey . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. https:///...sey-supersonics.html . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions running back Theo Riddick has been ruled out for Sundays game against the Los Angeles Rams because of an ankle injury.Riddick joins tight end Eric Ebron (ankle, knee), linebacker DeAndre Levy (knee, quadriceps) and defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (shoulder), all of whom have been ruled out as well.Ameer Abdullah is on injured reserve with a fooot injury, and the Lions signed running back Justin Forsett this week to help their depleted backfield. Supersonics Jerseys Throwabck. .Defensive end Ziggy Ansah (ankle) is listed as questionable for Sunday.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '