iced Thursday. ... S Jordan Dangerfield (groi | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 11 '20
BOSTON -- Claude Julien decided not to give his goalie a pep talk after a pratfall in the crease handed the Rangers a goal that had the potential to turn the series around. Jason Williams Jersey . Instead, the Bruins coach waited until after Tuukka Rask responded with 28 saves to help Boston beat New York 3-1 in Game 5 on Saturday and advance to the Eastern Conference finals. "Thats what I told Tuukka at the end of the game, You can start laughing now," Julien said after the Bruins followed their seven-game series against Toronto by avoiding a nail-biter against the Rangers. "We probably played with fire in the first round and almost got burnt," Julien said. "We knew we couldnt let our guard down (against New York). Because if we did, they would come right back at us." Gregory Campbell scored twice and recent call-up Torey Krug scored his fourth goal of the series for Boston, which will meet Pittsburgh for the right to play for the Stanley Cup. The Bruins reached the third round of the NHL playoffs for the second time since 1992. The other was 2011, when the Bruins won the sixth Stanley Cup in franchise history. Tim Thomas was in goal then, and Rasks playoff memories arent quite so fond. The 26-year-old Finn was the Bruins starter when they blew a 3-0 lead in the 2010 East semifinals against Philadelphia, giving up a 3-0 lead in Game 7 as the Flyers advanced. Boston was up 3-0 in the second-round series against New York this year, with a 2-0 lead in Game 4 when Rask tripped on a rut in the crease and flailed at a slow-moving puck as it rolled over the line. The Rangers went on to win 4-3 in overtime, forcing the series back to Boston for a fifth game. "We wanted to make sure we ended this series -- for all the right reasons," including rest for players who went to overtime in Game 7 against Toronto, Julien said. "It also gives Tuukka the opportunity to laugh about that goal." Rask made sure there wouldnt be another collapse, stopping Ryan Callahan on a breakaway with just under 10 minutes to play. Callahan split the defence and went to his backhand, but Rask turned it away with the blocker on his right arm. "As a goalie, you expect to make one or two big saves. And today it happened," Rask said. "I didnt feel bad about myself after Game 4; obviously, there was a little screw-up there with that goal. But I didnt let that bother me, and I felt like I played a decent game after that. "Coming in today, I just wanted to be rock solid back there, and give our team a chance to win the game." Campbell broke a 1-1 tie in the second period, then added an empty-netter with 51 seconds left to clinch it after Henrik Lundqvist was pulled for an extra skater. Lundqvist made 29 saves and Dan Girardi scored for the Rangers, who lost to New Jersey in last years East finals. "I expected more from us, and I hoped for more," Lundqvist said. "Right now, its just an empty feeling, and disappointment. Some years you dont really have a chance to go that far in the playoffs, you just battle hard. I think this year, we had a pretty good team, but there were a few games when we didnt reach our top level. When you play a team like Boston, its going to be tough to beat them." The Rangers fell behind 3-0 in the series before winning Game 4 on Thursday night to avoid a sweep, thanks in part to two soft goals that caught Rask off-guard. They took an early lead on Saturday, but they could not send the series back to New York for a sixth game. "I watched our team fight tonight to extend this series. We get it on a big guys stick with a chance to tie it," Rangers coach John Tortorella said. "So it goes. They were the better team. They deserved to win." Girardi made it 1-0 on a power-play goal with 9:21 left in first, one-timing a pass from Mats Zucarello into the net. The Bruins scored a power-play goal of their own 3:48 into the second when Krug took a pass from Tyler Seguin and hit the top of the net. Ten minutes later, Daniel Paille sent the puck to the net and it got caught up in traffic. Shawn Thornton knocked it to Campbell, who swept it in for the go-ahead goal. The Rangers pulled Lundqvist with 1:15 left, but the Bruins quickly found the empty net on a slow-rolling shot by Campbell. Notes: The Rangers had been 3-for-42 in the playoffs on the power play, but they scored on one for the second straight game ... Krejci led all scorers in the playoffs (5G, 12A) entering Saturdays game. ... Bruins D Dennis Seidenberg, who was injured in the first minute of Game 7 in the first round, returned to the lineup. Dougie Hamilton was a scratch. ... Rangers F Brad Richards, the 2004 Conn Smythe Trophy winner, was a scratch for the second straight game. ... Rangers F Derek Stepan took a puck in the face in the first period and skated off but returned a short time later. Marvin Bagley Jersey . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Richaun Holmes Jersey . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. https:///...es-jersey-kings.html . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers cant explain it exactly. Theyre not much into excuses either.Yet theres no denying the offense that runs so smoothly at Heinz Field looks decidedly less potent when forced to hop a plane, sleep in a hotel and dress in the visitors locker room. Save for a season-opening romp in Washington more than two months ago, the Steelers (4-5) have been more Pinto than Porsche on the road.The team that expects to average 30 points a game this season has mustered just 32 combined over 12 largely comatose quarters in Philadelphia , Miami and Baltimore . While a reprieve would seem to await in Cleveland (0-10) on Sunday, Pittsburgh is taking nothing for granted. After the way it sleepwalked against the Ravens in a 21-14 loss two weeks ago, it cant afford to. Pittsburgh didnt cross midfield until well into the second half and didnt score into what amounted to garbage time.It was miserable, guard David DeCastro said. Ive never been a part of something like that like, `What are we gonna do? Its not like we were getting manhandled where youre `Alright, theyre better than us. It was frustrating.While offensive coordinator Todd Haley pointed to Ben Roethlisbergers rustiness coming back from left knee surgery as part of the problem in Baltimore -- leading to a limited playbook designed to protect the franchise quarterback -- as part of the issue, it wasnt the only one. The Steelers couldnt run either, mustering just 36 yards on 18 carries, creating a snowball effect that led to numerous third-and-long situations and ultimately, a season-high 10 punts by Jordan Berry.Pittsburgh is converting just 31 percent of its third downs during its three-game road slide, compared to a 42 percent conversion rate at home, where the Steelers also average 28.8 points. The disparity is jarring.You know, we go on the road and its obviously a lot louder, Roethlisberger said. And you have to use the silent count and that means `head bob, gun or under center. So just some kind of timing could be off a little bit ... We pride ourselves in years past here being a great road football team. And we need to do that. Were going to have to start this week.Thats typically not a problem for Roethlisberger in Cleveland, where hes lost just twice in 11 career starts. Overall, though, the gap between his effectiveness at home and on the road is widdening. Scott Wedman Jersey. During Haleys four-plus seasons calling the plays, Roethlisberger is 15-18 with 45 touchdowns and 31 interceptions away from Heinz Field. Compare that to a 24-9 mark with 82 touchdowns and 23 picks when he wakes up on game day a short drive from the Terrible Towel twirling masses.There are numerous other variables at play, including a defense thats not exactly lights out anymore and one forced to go the rest of the season without defensive end Cam Heyward , who is out with a pectoral injury.That puts the onus on the offense to carry even more of the load. Its one the Steelers have looked perfectly capable of bearing at times, though not nearly enough during a four-game losing streak thats sucked all the momentum out of a 4-1 start.Its not anything the opposing team is doing or the crowd. We just havent performed well, running back LeVeon Bell said. Dropping balls, penalties, whatever it may be. I just think weve got to get better.Haley often likes to turn to the no-huddle when the offense is in need of a jump start, though opportunities have been limited at best recently. While Pittsburgh did score 14 points in the fourth quarter against the Ravens, DeCastro allows it was basically garbage time with Baltimore up three touchdowns.Youve got to mix it up if somethings not working, DeCastro said. But I thought we had a good plan. It wasnt getting the job done maybe ... switch it up sooner and give us a chance.Maybe, but Pittsburghs defensive limitations mean the offense probably needs to control the ball instead of pushing the pace. With four of their next five on the road, the Steelers know they need to score -- fast, slow or in between -- if they want to chase down the Ravens in the so-so AFC North.We have a very high standard coming into this year, Haley said. At times weve been close to what were trying to get, other times we havent. We need to eliminate the (bad) habits.Game notes C Maurkice Pouncey (finger), WR Sammie Coates (finger), TE Ladarius Green (finger), TE Xavier Grimble (quadriceps) practiced Thursday. ... S Jordan Dangerfield (groin) was limited. ... WR Markus Wheaton (shoulder) was out.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL. ' ' '