negative risk. There is a lot of fatigue in the peloton. Trust me. If you dont youll see it du | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 12 '20
Throughout the Tour de France, Australian professional cyclist Richie Porte will be checking in. Greg Maddux Jersey . Here is his latest entry, as told to ESPN contributor Rupert Guinness:Stage 15: Bourg-en-Bresse to Culoz, 160kmFew would argue that Chris Froome has got a solid overall lead in the Tour de France. He is well positioned to win a third Tour de France when the race finishes in Paris on Sunday.Yes ... he has the time - that being a 1:45 overall lead on Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo) and 2:45 on Adam Yates (Orica-Bike Exchange). And he has the team in his Sky teammates.But the Tour is such an unpredictable race. As we have all seen, things can happen on the road; and Im not meaning outside of the race with incidents like what happened on stage 12 to Mont Ventoux where Froome, Mollema and I crashed into a television motor bike blocked by crowds as we were in a break. Theres still a lot of climbing to come, for instance.But that doesnt mean we cant try and do something in the mountains of the Alps that we will be racing in from Wednesday to Saturday, including for Thursdays stage 18 time trial.Froome is looking good to win, but even if we cant break him, the podium is still a massive goal for a number of us in the top 10 overall. There is quite a bottle neck for the podium.Myself and teammate Tejay van Garderen are still hopeful of having a say on all this, with myself placed seventh overall at 4:27, and van Garderen in eighth position now at 4:47. So there is still a lot to race for, and for that alone, you can expect a lot of action in the Alps.Many are wondering why Froome was not subjected to more challenges on Sunday, in the 15th stage from Bourg-en-Bresse to Culoz in the Jura that included six categorised climbs. But the 160km stage was hell. It was such a hard day. It was hard, brutal stage.With Sky I controlling it so well, it didnt really make sense to try to launch a big attack, especially with that downhill from the top of the last climb, the Lacets du Grand Colombier and the flat.I guess if people could have attacked on Sunday, they would have. That they didnt, except for Alejandro Valverde (Movistar), Fabio Aru (Astana) and Romain Bardet (Ag2r-La Mondiale) with digs on the last climb, shows how hard it was. Everyone was on the limit.Considering the day was as hard as it was, I am feeling great going into the third week. But now, I feel upbeat. The body feels good. It helps knowing there is everything to race for.Mondays 16th stage, over 209km from Moirans-en-Montagne to Berne in Switzerland where we will spend Tuesdays rest day, should suit a break. But we still need to be alert.It would be nice to just have a straight forward day on Monday. But there are a lot of tired bodies in the peloton. There is also quite a tricky finish; so there is no room for letting your guard down. On days like Tuesday you cant switch off for a second because its the Tour.The Tour is the event of the year. Its where everyone wants to win something and where everyone is up for anything. But decision making can get dodgy when fatigued and the third week of the Tour can make a massive difference between taking a positive or negative risk. There is a lot of fatigue in the peloton. Trust me. If you dont youll see it during the week. Alex Jackson Jersey . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in