ohn Marshall in Phoenix and Dan Gelston in | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 12 '20
PISCATAWAY, N. Authentic Custom Packers Jersey .J. -- A little more than a year after walking away from the head coaching job at Minnesota because of his health, Jerry Kill is coming back to college football.Kill on Monday was named the offensive coordinator at Rutgers and handed the challenge of rebuilding what might have been the worst offense in the Big Ten Conference.The 55-year-old Kill is coming to his new job 25 pounds lighter, taking less medication for his epilepsy and ready to help Chris Ash rebuild a Scarlet Knights program that went 2-10 last season, losing its last nine games, all in the conference.In coaching, you never have a chance to get something fixed or get it under control because you cant take time off to do that, Kill said after being introduced at his new job. I needed some time to get it situated and see the right people and get on the right diet and get on the right regime and be able to get healthy.Kill had served as the associate athletics director for administration at Kansas State since May. His role was the chief administrator for the universitys football program, and in that role he worked 12-13 hour days, attending practice daily.Im a football coach. Im a ball coach, Kill said. Thats who I am. I enjoy kids. I enjoy that process. Im a lot smarter than I was a year ago, but more importantly Ive been seizure-free for a long time and this is the best Ive felt over 12 years.Kill will replace Drew Mehringer, who left after one season to join Tom Hermans staff at Texas.In his search for a new coordinator, Ash was looking for an experienced coach who was a leader and developer of coaches and players. He also wanted someone with character that could connect with the players and someone who was compatible with him.Coach Kill is an absolute ball coach, Ash said. Doesnt have a lot of other hobbies, likes and interests. Its all about coaching ball and developing the players.The Big Ten Conference coach of the year in 2014, Kill will also coach the Scarlet Knights quarterbacks. He said Rutgers will continue to run the spread offense.Kill said that he and Ash talked about football during a recent meeting in Mahattan, Kansas and found they had a lot in common.I didnt have to have a job, and I wasnt looking for a job, Kill said. But I said if it was a perfect fit for me, I would get back in the game and I wanted it to be perfect. This is a perfect fit for Coach Kill.Kill had has had winning seasons in 15 of his 22 years as a college head coach. He most recently coached at Minnesota, from 2011-2015, where he guided the Gophers to three bowl games in four and a half seasons, including the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl in 2014. It marked the first Jan. 1 bowl game for Minnesota since 1962.Im kind of a program builder, Kill said. Thats what Ive done my whole life, the last 22 years of college coaching and even in high school. Thats what Im used to and I love challenges. I dont ever worry about who we play. I worry about how we play. If we do the right things and do a good job of teaching kids and so forth, we control a lot of outcomes.Minnesota won eight games in 2013 and 2014, which marked only the fifth time since 1906 that Minnesota won eight games in consecutive seasons. The 2014 offense ranked 12th nationally in passing yards per completion (14.52), 28th in rushing offense (215.5), 29th in sacks allowed (1.62) and 32nd in red zone offense (.878).---For more college football coverage: http://collegefootball.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Cheap Custom Packers Jersey . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. Custom Rashan Gary Jersey . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. http:///...ersey-large-72r.html . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Villanova had to make an adjustment last season after being ranked No. 1 for the first time. Even before losing to Xavier, the Wildcats had trouble with the louder fans, teams playing them harder and higher expectations.Back at No. 1 this week, the reigning national champions have much better understanding of what to expect.Villanova moved up a spot from last week in the AP Top 25 mens college basketball poll on Monday, earning 57 first-place votes from the 65-member national media panel.Its always got to be one game at a time but its even more so because everybodys on another level when they compete against you, Villanova coach Jay Wright said. We talked about that last year. I dont know if any of us really realized what that was like. Hopefully, when we talk about it now, the players have a good understanding.UCLA (9-0), which beat No. 1 Kentucky 97-92 on Saturday, jumped from 11th to second with two first-place votes. Kentucky, which dropped to sixth, had been No. 1 for the past two weeks. Duke is the other team to be No. 1 this season, for two weeks.Villanova (8-0), which was No. 1 for three weeks last season, was playing Saturday afternoon when the Kentucky game ended. During the latter stages of their 82-57 victory over Saint Josephs, the Villanova students started chanting No. 1! No. 1! They have their wish.We know its just another challenge in front of us, Wright said. Its great for everybody else, the fans. Its a great honor. Packers Jerseys China. . Its not going to do us any good. Understanding the challenge is whats going to help us.Kansas moved from fourth to third and Baylor (8-0) jumped from ninth to No. 4 and received the other six first-place votes.Duke held fifth and was followed by Kentucky, North Carolina, Gonzaga, Indiana and Creighton.Louisville is 11th, followed by Saint Marys, Xavier, Virginia and West Virginia, which made the jump from 25th to 15th after winning at Virginia, dropping the Cavaliers from sixth to No. 14.Butler is 16th followed by Wisconsin, Purdue, South Carolina and Arizona. The last five ranked teams are Florida, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Oregon and Iowa State.Cincinnati (7-1), which won at Iowa State last week, moved back into the Top 25 after being out for three weeks. Notre Dame (8-0) is the weeks other newcomer. The Fighting Irish come in having scored at least 91 points in their last three games.Rhode Island dropped out from 21st after losing to Valparaiso and Providence last week. Syracuse, which was 22nd, fell out after losing to Wisconsin in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.---AP Sports Writers John Marshall in Phoenix and Dan Gelston in Philadelphia contributed to this report.---More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '