e.He said the team met earlier Thursda | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jan 13 '20
Pablo Sandoval says he isnt proud of what he has become over the past two years and insists he is ready to make the most of the second chance hes about to receive. Kentavius Street Super Bowl Jersey .In a joint English-Spanish interview with ESPN.com and ESPN Deportes Marly Rivera, Sandoval said he got complacent after signing a five-year, $95 million contract with the Boston Red Sox in November 2014 and pledged to start my baseball career all over again now that he is fully recovered from left shoulder surgery.My career had fallen into an abyss because I was so complacent with things that I had already accomplished, Sandoval said by phone in his first public comments since August. I did not work hard in order to achieve more and to remain at the level of the player that I am and that I can be.A wildly popular three-time World Series champion and two-time All-Star with the San Francisco Giants, Sandoval has been a bust with the Red Sox. Since the beginning of the 2015 season, he has batted .242 with a .290 on-base percentage and 10 home runs, lost his third-base job and fallen out of shape to the point that he popped his belt while taking a big swing in an April game against the Toronto Blue Jays.Rock bottom came in early May, when well-known orthopedist Dr. James Andrews operated on Sandovals shoulder. The surgery ended a season in which Sandoval started only one of the Red Soxs first five games and went 0-for-6 with four strikeouts.But the lengthy recovery gave Sandoval time to take stock of how far he has fallen since catching the final out of the 2014 World Series. He came this stark reality: If he didnt change his ways, he was going to find himself out of the game at an age (he turned 30 in August) when he should still be in his prime.Things definitely happen for a reason, Sandoval said. [The surgery and rehab process] have helped revitalize that fire in me to win again.Throughout his career, Sandoval has struggled to stay in shape, gaining and losing weight with dramatic fluctuations. But since leaving the Giants, his weight gain greatly diminished his mobility and range at third base and contributing to a career-worst .658 OPS in 2015.Over the past few months, Sandoval has shed significant weight, according to Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski. Neither the team nor Sandoval has divulged specifics, but after principal owner John Henrys widely derided comment this past spring that Sandovals body fat was only 17 percent, the exact number is almost beside the point with two months left before spring training.The proof, for now, is in a picture that circulated on Twitter this week. Sandoval, standing in front of the batting cages at the Red Soxs spring training facility in Fort Myers, Florida, looks almost svelte.I have been following a really strict routine that has taken a lot of dedication from my part, Sandoval said. It has not been easy to wake up every single day at 6:30 in the morning to then head to the gym and start a full day of work. But you have to have that kind of dedication if you want to achieve the goals you have set for yourself.Sandoval recently moved to Fort Myers to be closer to the Red Soxs training facility. He works out each day with team trainers, and although neither Dombrowski nor manager John Farrell has traveled to Florida to personally check in on Sandoval, they receive regular reports from the staff there.Dombrowski and Farrell arent guaranteeing that Sandoval will be the Opening Day third baseman. But the Red Sox this week traded two alternatives -- Travis Shaw to the Milwaukee Brewers for eighth-inning reliever Tyler Thornburg and top prospect Yoan Moncada to the Chicago White Sox in the Chris Sale blockbuster -- and said that 20-year-old Rafael Devers is bound for Double-A.Save for a potential challenge from utility man Brock Holt, it will be Sandoval or bust at third base.I am not taking anything for granted, Sandoval said. I am here to work hard. Im not thinking about the position or not. I am starting from scratch, and I am here to show what I can do on the field.The Red Sox also have not replaced the middle-of-the-order production they got from retired franchise icon David Ortiz. Instead, they agreed to a one-year, $5.5 million contract with first baseman Mitch Moreland, who will play primarily against right-handed pitching.Asked how the Sox plan to balance out a lineup that leans heavily right-handed, Farrell brought up Sandoval.One of the keys for us is going to be Panda, Farrell said Monday, invoking Sandovals Kung Fu Panda nickname that was earned in San Francisco. Thats not to put it all on him, but heres a left-handed bat who is a proven guy and has every opportunity to make a major impact on our team this year.Sandoval made a faster-than-expected recovery from shoulder surgery. He said doctors cleared him to play in October, and he believes he would have been ready to rejoin the Red Sox if the team hadnt been swept in the American League Division Series by the Cleveland Indians.But Sandovals problems were more than physical. According to multiple people close to him, he dealt with several personal issues in 2015, including a dispute over his training program that caused him to leave longtime agent Gustavo Vasquez and stop speaking to his brother, Michael.Sandoval and his wife had a baby in May, an event that he said has inspired him to rebuild his career.Watching Baby Panda grow up and that he gets the opportunity to see his father play in the majors for seven, eight more years, to get back to the success I had, thats my motivation every day, Sandoval said. The people that I surround myself with now and my family, they are the key to my success. This has been a life lesson.Sandoval understands if Red Sox fans are skeptical. But Sandoval also saw first baseman Hanley Ramirez rebound this year with a 30-homer season after a miserable 2015 and believes he can have a renaissance of his own.I certainly get it. I understand all the frustration [fans] must have felt, and I cant hold any grudges, Sandoval said. I have no ill will about anything. Actually the opposite. It was another lesson for me. It fueled me. It gave me the courage to work harder every day so one day I can be a part of another Boston Red Sox championship.ESPN Deportes Marly Rivera contributed to this report. Tevin Coleman Super Bowl Jersey . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Terrell Owens Super Bowl Jersey . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. https://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Tom-Rathman-Jersey/ . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. WASHINGTON -- You learn a lot about people when theyre down, President Barack Obama declared Thursday, and he wasnt talking about an election. Obama saluted the NBAs Cleveland Cavaliers for rallying from behind to defeat the Golden State Warriors and end a Cleveland pro sports title drought stretching back to 1964.Obama honored the Cavs on the South Lawn of the White House, squeezing in another sports champion before he leaves office. He opened with: Thats right. I said world champion and Cleveland in the same sentence.The Cavs came back from a 3-1 deficit to win the championship against a Warriors team that set an NBA record for wins during the regular season.The first team in history to dig themselves out of a hole like that, Obama said. The comeback was remarkable, and you learn about people when theyre down.That comment came shortly after Obama met with Donald Trump, who won the White House race to succeed him after a campaign in which the president declared the businessman unfit.Obama singled out several players for praise, but particularly focused on LeeBron James, who won the Most Valuable Player award during the championship series. Jaquiski Tartt Super Bowl Jersey. Obama called James one of the greatest players of all time and said its not just power and speed that make James great, but his unselfishness and work ethic. You saw it in those last three games, the president said.Obama said the Cavs also exemplified a growing generation of athletes who are using their platforms to speak out. He noted, as examples, that Kevin Love has worked to combat sexual assault and James has worked to reduce gun violence.He said the team met earlier Thursday with Attorney General Loretta Lynch and senior adviser Valerie Jarrett to discuss steps the Cavs are taking to help build better relations between law enforcement and the Cleveland community.It is part of a league-wide effort to build stronger communities all across the country, including holding open conversations so we can begin to bridge divides, Obama said. ' ' '