l. Against UCLA last week, he made one tackle on special teams -- his first tackle of the year.It was | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jan 14 '20
NEW YORK -- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson acknowledged the presence of bone spurs in the back of the pitching elbows of Steven Matz and Noah Syndergaard?but said he expected the duo will continue pitching. J. J. Stokes Jersey .Alderson indicated that Matzs spur is more significant and he will need to have it surgically removed, though the hope is it can wait until after the season. Surgery would require a three-month recovery time, so any in-season procedure would end at least Matzs 2016 regular-season contribution.Alderson described Syndergaards bone spur as very small and suggested 90 percent of major league pitchers have something comparable. Syndergaard is being treated with anti-inflammatory medication. He will not need to have the spur removed during the offseason, the GM said.Matz had been scheduled to face the Washington Nationals in Wednesdays series finale. Instead, Logan Verrett will make a spot start that day and Matz will be pushed back to Thursdays series opener against the Chicago Cubs at Citi Field. The Mets have absolute assurance from team doctors that Matz cannot damage his elbow by continuing to pitch with the spur, Alderson added.If Im claiming to be able to pitch, then I have no excuses, Matz said. I expect myself to go out and pitch like I can.Alderson said that in Matzs case it really is about pain tolerance.At this point its a function of whether he can tolerate the discomfort while continuing to pitch, Alderson said. What we will do is monitor that level of discomfort, monitor his mechanics to make sure whatever discomfort he has doesnt cause him to do something that might lead to something else, and well monitor it on a start-by-start basis.On Syndergaard, Alderson added: He doesnt have the level of discomfort that Steven does. And its really insignificant.Syndergaard had denied on Tuesday the existence of a spur.I think really what hes been trying to do is not use that as an excuse for the fact that, for example, last night he didnt pitch particularly well, Alderson said.Alderson said the Mets will consider going to a six-man rotation at some point, potentially when Zack Wheeler returns from Tommy John surgery in August, but the team should not need to regularly skip or otherwise delay Matzs starts.We think moving him back a day in this particular instance is the right thing to do, but we dont expect it will necessarily be anything on a regular basis, Alderson said. Now, it may be at some point that we go to a six-man rotation or something else to address the situation. It may be Steven comes out after five or six as opposed to six or seven [innings], but those are things that well have to continue to monitor from start to start.Syndergaard regularly touched 100 mph during Tuesdays outing while allowing five runs on seven hits and three walks in three innings. It was the shortest start of Syndergaards career other than a game in which he was ejected for throwing behind the Dodgers Chase Utley. Manager Terry Collins said he believes Syndergaards struggles stemmed from overthrowing to prove his elbow was OK and because of the magnitude of the game against the first-place Nationals, not because anything was wrong with the elbow.Collins added that Syndergaard will not be impeded from participating in the All-Star Game. Ross Dwelley Jersey .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. Justin Skule Jersey . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. http:///...sey-large-1788d.html . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999. BOULDER, Colo. -- Colorado senior Jaleel Awini has followed a career path filled with detours, curves and potholes.No qualms, though.A highly touted prospect out of high school, his winding road began as Air Forces starting quarterback before a violation of Academy standards led to an indefinite suspension. Awini transferred to Colorado, switched to linebacker because the Buffaloes already had a QB, switched again to wide receiver, sat out the start of this season with a herniated disk -- one that threatened his career -- and now fills a role on special teams for No. 16 Colorado.Im not disappointed or mad, said Awini, whose team plays at Arizona on Saturday as the Buffaloes (7-2, 5-1 Pac-12, No. 12 CFP) continue their march toward a conference title. I pictured (my career) a lot different. But I cant complain. Im happy where Im at and making CU great again.First impression of Awini: Extremely polite. Just part of his upbringing as one of three kids of a father who served as a Ghanaian diplomat before moving to the U.S. and settling in Colorado. His mother is the one who urged him toward football, as a way to burn off some of his endless energy.He checks in with his parents at least three times a week. And when it snows, he always offers to travel from Boulder to Aurora -- about a 40-minute commute -- to shovel their driveway.I cant believe the determination he has, his father, Muntari said. All that he believes is if theres a will theres a way, and you can achieve anything.That upbeat nature is what coach Mike MacIntyre appreciates about Awini.Hes had a tough ride, and wishes he was playing more. But its the way its worked out, MacIntyre said. He told me the other day, `Coach, I just want to help any way I can help. That means a lot.Awini had quite a bit of interest coming out of Rangeview High School in Aurora as Colorados Gatorade player of the year. There was even an early courtship with Colorado, but things changed when Dan Hawkins left and the new staff didnt pursue him.Air Force won out, in part because the Falcons triple-option offense seemed a perfect fit for a QB who rushed for 1,078 yards his senior season and threw for 1,266.After a redshirt season, Awini stepped into the lineuup. Elijah Lee Jersey. He played in four games in 2013 -- started three -- and rushed for 220 yards while throwing for another 275 yards.Precisely the sort of dynamic player the offense needed.Barely a month into the season, though, the Air Force Academy issued a statement saying Awini was no longer a cadet in good standing and is not allowed to represent the Academy in any outside activities, effective immediately.Awini said it involved academic issues. He was eventually granted his release.He considered Virginia, before electing to go to Colorado for one big reason: He wanted to help restore the luster to the Buffaloes, a once downtrodden program thats now bowl eligible for the first time since 2007.Those Colorado teams I saw as a kid (in the early 2000s), thats the reason I started playing football, said Awini, an economics major set to graduate in December.Since he was 5 years old, Awini has always played quarterback. But that wasnt much of an option at Colorado, not with Sefo Liufau embarking on a career that would see him break or tie 82 school records.So, Awini moved to linebacker in 2015 while remaining at his QB weight of 220 pounds. His best game was a 10-tackle performance against Arizona.Toward the end of last season, Liufau injured a foot and Awini was moved to backup quarterback. He ran the offense on the next-to-last drive of the season at Utah, even converting a fourth-and-2 with an 8-yard run.Just like old times.With Liufau healthy this season, the Buffaloes switched Awini to receiver. But over the summer he experienced persistent pain in his back. Doctors found he had a herniated disk and a small fracture.He sat out the opening seven games of the season, waiting for his back to heal. Against UCLA last week, he made one tackle on special teams -- his first tackle of the year.It was just awesome to finally be back out there, said Awini, who wears a protective brace. This is something Im going to cherish and miss.I dont think many have had as crazy of a career as me.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '