s terrific family nothing but the best going fo | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 16 '20
RIO DE JANEIRO -- The confident talk around the British team before these Olympics was that they would return home with their best ever away-Games medal haul. Shaun Hill Jersey . It was even suggested claiming 48 podium places or more would unite a divided nation.But Adam Peatys spectacular performances in the pool apart, the first few days havent quite lived up to expectations.By teatime in Brazil on Tuesday, after 50 events, only four British entrants had finished in the top three in their disciplines and Team GB were level with Kazakhstan and Thailand in the medal count.Early hopes for Chris Froome and Lizzie Armitstead faded and there have been a series of sorry slips, with David Florence in the C1 canoe slalom final the latest among them on Tuesday.He had won silver in the event in Beijing and finished second in the pairs version of it, the C2, in London. In Rio, pretty much everything that could have gone wrong in the final did as he finished last in a field of 10, nearly 15 seconds behind French winner Denis Chanut Gargaud.Florence claimed the mistakes he made were catastrophic. Four years of preparations and unfortunately that makes it all seem like a little bit of a waste of time, he said.It certainly wasnt the best way to celebrate his 34th birthday, which was on Monday, but at least the world champion in both C1 and C2 disciplines was in good company within Team GB.Geraint Thomas, who crashed in the mens cycling road race, could probably sympathise, and so could Louis Smith, who fell off the pommel horse as Britains men failed to meet expectations in the team gymnastics event.William Fox-Pitt, the main man in the British equestrian squad, also disappointed, taking the blame as the nation missed out on a team eventing medal for the first time since 1996.There is plenty of time for a team full of talented athletes to get things back on track, of course, and the successes of Olympic 100 metre breaststroke champion Peaty and Tom Daley, who took bronze with Dan Goodfellow in the 10m platform synchronised diving on Monday, have been rightly celebrated.Some of those who havent yet tasted success still have chances to come, too, and Florence will have an opportunity to make amends in the C2 event, which starts on Thursday.I can pick myself up, it will be easy -- I have done it loads of times, said Florence, whose wife and parents were among a large and loud group of supporters here. I am more used to disappointment than success.London was very disappointing [when he failed to make the C1 final], today was very disappointing. Hopefully, in a couple of days it wont be as disappointing.The margins are tiny, it comes down to one run. I have no problems for the C2 and will be able to give it my all.Florences attempt to negotiate gates 8, 9 and 10 were where it went wrong for him and he said it was unrecoverable from there.He didnt look for excuses, but if he had a lack of preparation couldnt have been one. The journey to Rio for the Games was the canoeists sixth trip to Brazil, and the British spent a great deal of time and money ensuring their athletes were familiar with the Whitewater Stadium course in Deodoro.Before the Games, Team GB coaches boasted about the comprehensive nature of their approach compared to other nations, and Florence must hope that all that work pays off for him when he competes with partner Richard Hounslow.Florence obviously felt keenly disappointed about his C1 performance but he was reasonably philosophical. The experience of competing in Canoe slalom probably makes all its athletes a little bit like that, given it is as much about not making mistakes as it is about going fast.Hes a pretty logical guy, too, if his mathematical physics degree and previous application to become an astronaut are anything to go by.But what about the people around him: Hounslow and his family and friends? They [my supporters] will be disappointed. Hopefully they have had a good time anyway. They will be here in a couple of days to cheer for the C2 and for the other guys in Team GB.Its up to me really [to pick myself up]. Richard will be there and ready to paddle. I hope he knows I will be ready to give it my all. Hopefully well put in a good run, get to the final, and who knows. Authentic Custom Patriots Jersey . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. Jeff Kemp Jersey . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. http://www.custompatriotsjersey.com/ Former St Johnstone, Burnley and Bolton boss Owen Coyle has left his role as Houston Dynamo head coach by mutual consent. The 49-year-old, who took charge of the MLS club in December 2014 on a three-year deal, wishes to be closer to his family in England.Coyle made the decision after speaking with Dynamo president Chris Canetti. Houston are currently bottom of the MLSs Western Conference. Coyle said: I asked Chris if I could speak with him and I explained to him the challenge of being away from my family and how we all want the best for Houston Dynamo.I want to wish all members of the staff, from owner Gabriel Brener to president Chris Canetti to general manager Matt Jordan, everyone has been such a source of support, along with the players and the technical staff.Id like to thank the Dynamo supporters, who have been outstandding. Jimmy Johnson Jersey. We have a brilliant club, and I have no doubt success is just around the corner.Canetti added: It is unfortunate that we were unable to achieve the goals we set forth together and that we find ourselves mutually parting ways as a result of many professional and personal circumstances.Without a doubt, Owen brought many great qualities to the club since his arrival 18 months ago and made a positive impression on the people around him. He is an excellent coach and an even better person, and I wish him and his terrific family nothing but the best going forward. Also See: MLS news MLS features MLS on Sky MLS video MLS fixtures MLS results ' ' '