ertainly will affect Floridas depth.. Nick Loweertainly will affect Floridas depth.. Nick Lowe | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jan 16 '20
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. Derrick Nnadi Jersey . -- Maurice Jones-Drews first carry in more than nine months barely got beyond the line of scrimmage. It was a huge gain for the Jacksonville Jaguars, though. Jones-Drew completed his first workout with the team since a season-ending foot injury in October. He competed without setbacks, without pain and without apprehension -- all positive signs for the three-time Pro Bowler and for the rebuilding Jaguars. "It just feels comfortable making those cuts and knowing theres no pain in the foot, ankle, whatever," Jones-Drew said. "Not running for eight months, its like, Can I still do it? But Ive been playing football for 20 years and its just natural." The bigger test will be seeing how his left foot feels after a couple days, maybe even a few weeks. "The main thing for me is just getting back to where I can carry the ball 20 or 25 times a game," he added. "Obviously, right now, I feel like I can do it. But its different when youre getting the ball play after play after play." Jones-Drew got about a dozen repetitions with the first-team offence Friday. His best play was his last, when he caught a pass and reached full stride before getting touched down. "I feel like I had a little burst," he said. "I feel like I did some old stuff. I just want to continue that and continue on that track." Jones-Drew injured his foot on the first play of a 26-23 loss at Oakland on Oct. 21. It turned out to be a Lisfranc injury, a dislocation or fracture of bones in his left midfoot. He tried rehabbing with rest, but doctors eventually decided he needed surgery. He had surgery in December, missed all of off-season drills and was unsure whether he would be cleared for the start of camp. But team doctors gave him the green light earlier this week, and he was in the backfield for the first snap Friday. "We have a plan for Maurice, to see him make some cuts and see him go through the line and catch some balls and things like that in practice," coach Gus Bradley said. "Hes right where we thought he would be. Were going to continue to work him and monitor his reps, but well bring him along. It was great to see him back out there. I know he had a lot of excitement. Hes been waiting for this day for a long time." Aside from Jones-Drews return, the practice was one to forget for Jacksonvilles offence. Blaine Gabbert threw two interceptions in 11-on-11 drills, including one that was returned for a touchdown. Chad Henne, who is competing with Gabbert for the starting job, also had an interception returned for a score. "One thing that I was impressed with was just how they did handle a punch," Bradley said. "Some of the interceptions, I think, were missed assignments by receivers, but then there were times where we have to make good decisions. The decisions werent acceptable in our standards. Blaine and Chad both understand that. "Weve got to tighten those things up, and I know some of those things are going to happen. Were going to coach them up and try to eliminate them." The Jaguars opened camp without five players. Receiver Justin Blackmon (groin), receiver Taylor Price (foot) and centre Stephane Milhim (foot) are on the physically unable to perform list, while offensive lineman Mark Asper (knee) and safety Johnathan Cyprien (hamstring) are on the non-football injury list. Several others joined them on the sideline Friday, most of them because of minor cramping. Receiver Jeremy Ebert was the lone injury, banging his head while colliding with a defender near the goal line. Defensive end Jason Babin, who had groin surgery in early June, was on the field in a limited role. So was defensive tackle Roy Miller, who missed much of off-season drills because of knee tendinitis. But all eyes were on Jones-Drew, who has totalled 4,735 yards rushing and 29 touchdowns as the centerpiece of the offence the last four years. "Maurice is a pro," guard Uche Nwaneri said. "Hes been doing this for a while and he knows how to get ready for a football season. We know hes going to play to the best of his ability and hes got to be smart at the same time. But its always good to see 32 on the field -- always good." Jan Stenerud Jersey . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. Dave Hill Jersey . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. http:///...sey-large-1756n.html . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A person familiar with the program tells The Associated Press that Florida will be without guard Antonio Riles for the season because of a knee injury.Riles tore a knee ligament in practice Monday. Tests revealed the extent of damage, according to the person who spoke Wednesday on the condition of anonymity because only coach Jim McElwain is authorized to discuss Floridas injuries. McElwains next media availability is Friday.Losing Riles certainly will affect Floridas depth.. Nick Lowery Jersey. A fourth-year junior from Lawrenceville, Georgia, Riles started the first six games in 2015 before getting supplanted in the lineup. Without him, the Gators will have little experienced depth behind the starting five of David Sharpe, Martez Ivey, Cam Dillard, Tyler Jordan and Fred Johnson.---Online: AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '