ing on the road, understanding ho | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 19 '20
GREENBURGH, N. Vapormax Flyknit Outlet .Y. -- Carmelo Anthony said he understands why LeBron James was offended by Phil Jacksons use of the word posse to describe the Cleveland Cavaliers stars business associates.I would never want to hear that word about me and my -- I dont want to say crew -- but people that I consider family or people that I come up (with), been through thick and thin with, Anthony said Tuesday. Id want to be called a tight-knit group or family. Thats what I consider those close people to me.I think everybody would understand [why the term is offensive]. I dont think you would have to be a rocket scientist or an educated person to understand what that means to us.Jackson, who was not made available to the media Tuesday, referred to James business associates as a posse during an interview with ESPNs Jackie MacMullan that was published earlier this week.Jackson made the statement in response to a question about James decision to leave the Miami Heat and sign with the Cavaliers, in the context of Pat Rileys tenure as Heat president.James business associate, Maverick Carter, took issue with Jacksons use of the word in an interview Monday with ESPNs Dave McMenamin, and James echoed those thoughts Tuesday.I had nothing but respect for [Jackson] as a coach for what he was able to do, James said. Obviously he was at the helm of (the team featuring) my favorite player of all time, (Michael Jordan), and also being there growing up and watching him with the Lakers, but I got nothing for him, James said of his level of respect for the New York Knicks president.Anthony hadnt read Jacksons comments on James in the Q&A but said he was briefed on the matter before speaking with the media.I know him and I dont think he would just say something to be saying it, Anthony said of James, his close friend. Whatever was said, Im pretty sure it hit home and he responded to it. I dont know exactly what was said.Anthony said he doesnt think Jackson meant to use the word posse in a racial connotation, but he also didnt want to speak on Jacksons behalf.Its different words that different people use in different ways, the Knicks star said. To some people, the word posse might not mean anything. It might just be a word. To some other people it could be a derogatory statement. It all depends on who you mention it to and who youre talking about in essence.In this sense [Jackson] was talking about four, five black men. Do I think he meant it in any kind of way? I really dont know. I dont think he did. I would hope that he didnt. Sometimes Phil just say things and he says the first thing that comes to mind. Probably hes in his office right now regretting it. With Phil, you never know whats going to be said, whats coming, and depending on whos listening. People take it the right way and people take it the wrong way. I just dont understand him talking about LeBron right now in November.Anthony added that he isnt concerned with how the James-Jackson interaction may impact the way free agents view the Knicks in future offseasons.No, that dont worry me, he said. I dont really know what was the gist of the conversation, what was the topic or why Phil was even talking about LeBron in the first place. I dont think we play them anytime soon. Its a whole month away.The Knicks next play the Cavs at home on Dec. 7. Vapormax Flyknit 3 White Silver . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. Vapormax Flyknit Cheap . Speaking to the Chicago Tribune at baseballs Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Boras called the former home of the Expos a "tremendous environment" for baseball. http:///...it-glacier-blue.html . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns annual scrimmage at Ohio Stadium on Saturday turned into a happy homecoming for Terrelle Pryor, the former Ohio State quarterback turned Browns receiver.Returning to the stadium where he starred in college from 2008-10, Pryor caught six passes in the teams Orange and Brown scrimmage, including a touchdown pass each from quarterbacks Robert Griffin III and Josh McCown.He got a huge cheer each time from the Columbus crowd, and after the last reception -- a 75-yard touchdown streak down the right sideline -- he turned to the stands to lead the 42,310 fans in an O-H-I-O cheer.Just like the old days -- at least the days before he departed amid a memorabilia-for-tattoos scandal that led to the ouster of coach Jim Tressel and Pryor being banned from campus for five years.Playing here is electric, you know? he said afterward.Football is football, no matter where its at, he said. It all feels the same. I know this is the most amazing crowd here, and Browns fans are pretty awesome as well, but football is football. When (Im) between the lines, I dont hear anything. Im focused on the guy who is trying to stop me, and Im coming for him. Thats it.Browns coach Hue Jackson said hes pleased with how hard Pryor has worked to learn his new position. His progress toward that conversion was interrupted by a nagging hamstring injury last year. Hes now trying to lock down one of the roster spots.Hes done a tremendous job, Jackson said. Theres a lot of guys I can say that about, but hes taken this opportunity and is trying to make the most of it. Hes worked extremely hard.Griffin also raved about Pryor.Hes a big guy, physical, Griffin said. Hes got an elite trait that you cant coach, and thats size. Hes been able to utilize that while hes been in camp and in the spring. We love the progress that hes made.Pryor said it felt good to be welcomed back to the Ohio State campus now the ban has been lifted. It was still in effect last year, but he was given permission to participate in the Browns scrimmage at the stadium.All Ive heard is positive vibes, he said. Vapormax 2019 Club Gold. Guys make mistakes and whatever. I can go into that blah-blah story again, but it is what it is. Its life, and theres still the next chapter.STILL NO STARTER NAMEDJackson said hes close to selecting a starter for Fridays exhibition opener against Green Bay. Its expected to be Griffin, who was 12 for 19 with two touchdowns in Saturdays no-tackle scrimmage, but Jackson has yet to say so for sure. Griffin is competing with McCown, Austin Davis and rookie Cody Kessler for the spot.Well know here pretty soon exactly what were doing, Jackson said. I think everybody is seeing him get better and better every day. Im not surprised. Were trying to create the right environment for him to be all that he can be, and I think hes working hard.Griffin, who was sharp in practice all week, is saying all the right things.Its just about coming out every day and proving it, he said. We want to make sure everybody earns their spot, earns their keep and thats everybodys goal every time they step out on the field.McCown, who played in eight games and threw for 2,109 yards with 12 touchdowns for the Browns in 2015, has been the subject of trade talk involving the Dallas Cowboys, who are interested in him as a backup to Tony Romo.GETTING READY TO GOThe Browns had a full-contact scrimmage on Friday night before traveling to Columbus for the Saturday workout, which was more of a show for the Columbus fans than a nuts-and-bolts practice. Jackson said the travel was a dry run for the trip to Green Bay to play the first exhibition game.I thought it was important for our team to really get ready for next Friday, he said. I thought we had a hard night last night and we came back today, and I wanted to prepare them for what we were going to face next week as far as being on the road, understanding how we go through our process preparing for a game, and I thought they handled that part of it well.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://www.twitter.com/mitchstacy ' ' '