as coach of Germany will be for the go | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jan 19 '20

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Coach Silvia Neids final match as coach of Germany will be for the gold medal at the Rio Games. Darrel Williams Super Bowl Jersey .Quite a way to cap an illustrious coaching career.What could be nicer than to have your last game with your team here, as a team coach playing for the gold medal in this fantastic stadium, Neid said. There is nothing nicer that I could imagine.Germany faces Sweden on Friday at Rios legendary Maracana Stadium in the Olympic womens soccer final. Canada plays host Brazil for the bronze in Sao Paulo.It is the first time that Germany or Sweden has played for the gold medal, and its also the first time two European teams have met in the finals.For Neid, it will be bittersweet as she ends her 11-year stint as head coach of Germany, currently ranked No. 2 in the world.She long ago announced that she would leave following the Rio Games, making way for current assistant Steffi Jones to take over as coach. But Neid wont walk away entirely from the team: Shes slipping into a new role as a scout.Her departure marks sort of end of an era for the German team. It follows the retirement of star striker Celia Sasic who, at age 27, expressed a desire to go back to school and raise a family after 111 appearances and 63 goals for the national team. Nadine Kessler, a former FIFA world player of the year, stepped down shortly before last years World Cup.And longtime goalkeeper Nadine Angerer, another former world player of the year, departed after last summers World Cup.She used to be a very emotional coach, especially for the young players, so that they were scared of her, Angerer laughed when describing her friend and former coach. But over the last years shes gotten so much more calmer and so much more relaxed. Shes so passionate about the game, she wants to win so badly. Neid played in 111 games for the German national team from 1982-96, scoring 48 goals. During her playing career, Germany won three UEFA championships and was runner up at the 1995 World Cup. Her last match as a player was at the Atlanta Games, against Brazil.She went on to be an assistant on Germanys team that won the 2003 World Cup, then took over as coach of the senior women in 2005, leading the team to another World Cup title in 2007. She was named FIFA womens coach of the year for 2010 and 2013.Neid expects that the match on Saturday will be bittersweet.Im looking forward to our last discussion before the game, Im looking forward to walk together with the team, Im looking forward to the butterflies in my stomach before the game, which is usual before such a big game, Im looking forward to the scenery, she said. Im looking forward to all of that.And, of course, shes hoping she goes out with gold medals hanging around her players necks.We would just simply love, I know the players would love to get the gold medal, Neid said. And they will give their all to do it. Larry Johnson Super Bowl Jersey .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Charvarius Ward Super Bowl Jersey . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. http://www.officialkcchiefspro.com/Chris-jones-chiefs-jersey/ . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. Miami Heat starting small forward Justise Winslow is out indefinitely with a persistent left wrist injury.Winslow said he injured the wrist a few weeks ago in a fall during a game and that X-rays were negative.He said the injury was affecting his shot, and he finally sat out Tuesday nights 93-90 loss to the Atlanta Hawks.Well see, Winslow said of when he might return, according to the Miami Herald. I dont want to come back too soon and then I take three steps forward and 10 steps backward. I want to get it to where its feeling 100 percent, where if I do hit against something, it doesnt hurt. I dont know how long it will take.I was falling too much, landing on it. I was doing my best to play throuugh it. Dorian ODaniel Super Bowl Jersey. I could play through it, but its a long season. I want to get healthy.Coach Erik Spoelstra said Winslow needs full rest and full treatment.Initially, you think, the shot, that does affect it, but he also continues to play a physical brand of basketball, Spoelstra said, according to the Herald. It just keeps on getting re-aggravated. It started to get better, and with the games, it wasnt getting better.Tuesday nights game was the first Winslow has missed this season. He is averaging 11.6 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.9 assists in 35.9 minutes per game. ' ' '