estly, it feels like it happens every year. So th | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 20 '20
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Jose Urquidy Jersey . -- Ryan Succop wasnt offended when Titans coach Mike Mularkey elected to go for a 2-point conversion and the win Sunday rather than let him attempt the tying extra point against the Chiefs.Good thing, too. His confidence came in handy a few minutes later.The kicker who lost his job in Kansas City to an undrafted rookie in training camp a few years ago spoiled what was nearly a banner day for the Chiefs. He boomed a 53-yarder through the uprights on the final play of the game to give Tennessee a 19-17 victory crucial to its playoff hopes .I just kind of had to throw technique out the window a little bit and really go after it, said Succop, who came up short on his first try, only to get a do-over when Chiefs coach Andy Reid called timeout.I thought I hit the first one good and when it came up short there was a second in my mind, I wasnt even sure I could reach from there, Succop said. You could give me 10 kicks from there and I dont know if I could make one. Honestly.He made the only one that mattered.The victory was the third straight for the Titans (8-6) and kept them tied with Houston atop the AFC South. It also dashed a chance for the Chiefs (10-4) to clinch their spot in the playoffs. They came into the day tied with the Raiders for first in the AFC West.Mularkey said the decision to go for 2 after Derrick Henrys second TD run made it 17-16 with 3:12 to go had nothing to do with Succops leg. Rather, it had everything to do with his confidence in his team.I wanted to make a statement, Mularkey said. When we had the ball, I went around the sideline. I talked to the guys on this team, our leaders, and I said, `This is my plan. And they were all, `Lets go. They knew before the drive started we were going for it.Meanwhile, the Chiefs kept squandering chances to put the game away.Twice they were stuffed at the 1-yard line in the first half and came away without points, and Alex Smith threw an interception in the end zone early in the second to ruin another drive. They also had a hard time converting third downs, going 4 for 14 and continuing a season-long trend.I take the responsibility for that, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. Weve got to do a better job, I do, of coaching them up and putting them in positions to make plays.As the Titans and Chiefs continue their playoff pursuit, here are some more key takeaways:MARVELOUS MARCUS: Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota fumbled the ball away and threw an interception , and was having an otherwise miserable day until the fourth quarter. But after leading his team to a touchdown to get back in the game, he made three crucial completions to set up Succops winning field goal.We had to get down and get to the 50-yard range for Ryan. We knew if we could get a couple big plays that we would have a chance at it, he said. Ryan did a great job of finishing it off at the end.MARVELOUS MURRAY: The Titans DeMarco Murray carried 18 times for 89 yards while catching five passes for 52 yards. For a big stretch of the game, he was the teams only consistent offense.SECOND-HALF WOES: The Chiefs have not scored an offensive touchdown in the second half the last two weeks, and only scored one in the second half dating to their overtime win in Denver on Nov. 27.Every second half is different, Smith said. Certainly today, yeah, frustrating. A lot of plays to be made out there. ... If we could make one or two of them its a different day.BUNDLED UP: It was 1 degree at kickoff, making it the coldest game at Arrowhead Stadium since records have been kept beginning in 1994. The wind chill of minus-9 was second to a 2008 game against Miami, when it was minus-12 at kickoff. In fact, it was so cold that fuses that operate the massive scoreboard in the west end zone froze, leaving a corner of it blank for much of the game.It was tough for both teams, said Chiefs kicker Cairo Santos, a native of Brazil. Tough day.UP NEXT: The Titans visit Jacksonville, which fired coach Gus Bradley on Sunday, next weekend before facing the Texans to finish the regular season. Kansas City gets Denver at home on Christmas night.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---This story has been corrected to fix the score in the headline to 19-17. Robinson Chirinos Jersey . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Brad Peacock Jersey . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. http:///...sey-large-1096y.html . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. SALT LAKE CITY -- Hours after coach Kyle Whittingham said No. 24 Utah didnt sustain any season-ending injuries during its loss California, the Utes found out three-year starting center J.J. Dielman will miss the rest of the season due to a lower leg injury.Whittingham said several players were having MRIs on Monday to determine the severity of their injuries. Dielman clearly got bad news as the school said he was out in a release Monday afternoon.He joins former starting defensive end Kylie Fitts and tight end Siale Fakailoatonga on the sideline for the rest of the season with injuries.Utah is coming off its first loss, but it may have bigger problems in the quest for a Pac-12 title. The Utes have been ravaged by injuries at receiver, offensive line, running back, defensive line and in the secondary.Id be here for a half hour if we start talking about all the injuries, Whittingham said.Former walk-on Lo Falemaka is next in line on the depth chart, but Utah did not make the junior available to media Monday. He had a slow start with a pair of bad plays when he entered the game last week, but quarterback Troy Williams said they laughed it off.He told me, `Hey man, I just had to get my jitters out real quick, Williams said. I told him I understand fully. We have a great team, great guys all around. Next guy just has to step up and take advantage of his opportunity.Utah lost its No. 1 receiver Tim Patrick, starting cornerback Reggie Porter and Dielman during Saturdays game. Patrick said he expects to play this week.Whittingham and Utah give little details about injuries, so Porters status is unknown. He did mention that receiver Kyle Fulks had to leave the game last week and both running back Troy McCormick and receiver Tyrone Smith are both banged up.First-team All-Pac-12 defensive line Lowell Lotulelei missed last game after suffeering a shoulder injury the previous week against USC. Carlos Lee Jersey Large. Starting slot receiver Cory Butler-Byrd didnt travel to California and Whittingham said it was a physical issue. The coach hopes he can play against Arizona.Theres about a dozen guys whos in that category, Whittingham said.Sophomore receiver Raelon Singleton had his best game with career highs in receptions (7) and yards (98) as the No. 1 option in the pass game after Patrick went down. Williams said he confident in all his receivers, but Patrick is No. 32 in the country with 429 receiving yards and is tied for No. 12 with five touchdown catches. The Utes didnt have a single receiver that caught five touchdowns in all of 2015.Utah had already lost senior running back Joe Williams to retirement due to lingering injuries. Whittingham announced that sophomore Armand Shyne has been promoted to starting running back over Zach Moss after he rushed for 99 yards and two touchdowns against Cal.The Utes (4-1, 1-1 Pac-12) arent panicking despite the plethora of injuries. The goal of winning the conference title is still attainable as No. 21 Colorado (4-1, 2-1) is the lone Pac-12 South team without a conference loss. The Buffaloes host Utah in the regular-season finale. Whittingham doesnt believe anyone in the conference will go undefeated and said a two-loss team will likely win the title.Its easy to let yourself fall into that, like, `Why us? Utah safety Chase Hansen said. But then you realize, everyones banged up. You look at Arizona and they have the same thing going on with them.Honestly, it feels like it happens every year. So theres no point in being surprised. You just have got to be ready. Next guy up. ... No excuses, thats a team motto. ' ' '