u are (heres mine), as well as quick shots of | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 20 '20
SAN DIEGO -- Chris Sale can admit it now: He was a little too in love with the strikeout. Carlos Beltran Jersey .He led the American League last year with 274. But all those long counts cost him.I wanted to pitch more innings, get deeper into the games, the Chicago White Sox ace said Monday after he was announced to open the All-Star Game for the American League.As a starting pitcher, thats really the name of the game, is getting as deep into the game while giving your team a chance to win at the same time, he said.San Franciscos Johnny Cueto will start for the National League on Tuesday as the All-Stars return to San Diego for the first time since 1992.A 27-year-old left-hander, Sale is 14-3 with a 3.38 ERA and leads the major leagues in wins. He has 123 strikeouts -- third in the AL -- and just 26 walks in 125 innings. Batters are hitting .225 against him.In the past, he was a little bit more of a power pitcher, the Chicago Cubs Ben Zobrist said. If hes hitting spots a little bit more, that might change our ability to drive the ball.Cueto, a 30-year-old right-hander who left Kansas City to sign with the Giants last offseason, tops NL pitchers in victories. He is 13-1 with a 2.47 ERA, striking out 115 in 131 1/3 innings. He has won 10 consecutive decisions since an April 21 loss to Arizona.His path to the starting nod became clearer when Clayton Kershaw and Noah Syndergaard got hurt, Stephen Strasburg pulled out of the game because of a recent disabled list stint and Madison Bumgarner was ruled out because he started Sunday.I was just happy to be participating in the game, Cueto said through a translator. But Im very happy.Cueto impressed New York Mets manager Terry Collins with a two-hitter for Kansas City in Game 2 of last years World Series, the first complete game by an AL pitcher in the Series since Jack Morris in 1991.That was the best outing Ive ever seen him have, Collins said.Jake Arrieta of the Cubs was on track to get the honor, going 11-1 with a 1.74 ERA through mid-June. But he lost three of his last four starts heading into the break.The last three outings, I havent pitched very well, he said. If I had took care of business, I probably would have been the starter or considered a little more highly.AL manager Ned Yosts batting order has Houston second baseman Jose Altuve leading off, followed by Angels center fielder Mike Trout, Baltimore third baseman Manny Machado, Boston designated hitter David Ortiz, Red Sox shortstop Xander Bogaerts, Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer, Red Sox right fielder Mookie Betts, Kansas City catcher Salvador Perez and Boston left fielder Jackie Bradley Jr.Collins has Cubs second baseman Ben Zobrist leading off, followed by Washington right fielder Bryce Harper, Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant, San Diegos Wil Myers at designated hitter, San Francisco catcher Buster Posey, Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo, Miami center fielder Marcell Ozuna, Colorado left fielder Carlos Gonzalez and Cubs shortstop Addison Russell.Ozuna and Gonzalez are replacements for the Cubs Dexter Fowler and the Mets Yoenis Cespedes, who are hurt.Yost said Corey Kluber, Cole Hamels, Aaron Sanchez and Jose Quintana will follow Sale to the mound.The AL will be the home team for the game at Petco Park because this is the second straight year of at least four in which the NL will host the All-Stars. The AL has a 10-3 advantage since the All-Star Game has determined home-field advantage in the World Series.Its vitally important, said Yost, whose Royals swept the first two games at Kauffman Stadium last year. Weve got a room full of tremendously talented players and if we win this game its going to affect somebody or somebodies in that room. Cheap Custom Astros Jersey . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. Collin McHugh Jersey .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. http:///...sey-large-1496y.html . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. I love tennis. Im not really sure when that love began -- maybe it was back in high school when I started playing -- because I didnt grow up like most tennis people, taking lessons since the day theyre able to hold a racket. The sport came into my life later, but my love for it has only gotten stronger over the years.So to me, the US Open is the most wonderful time of the year -- and probably my favorite sporting event. Getting to see the best players, explore the gorgeous grounds, eat top-tier food and watch some incredible tennis makes for the most enjoyable days and high-energy nights.When I found out that there was going to be a virtual reality simulation at the tournament this year that let fans feel the excitement players experience when walking onto center court, you know I was checking it out. Its called the American Express Pro Walk ... and its awesome.The detailsWhen someone tells you about a virtual reality experience, most of us think: That sounds great and all, but cant imagine it being all too believable.Well the Pro Walk is quite the opposite. The company used immersion technology, so instead of wearing a headset, theyve got holograms and 360-degree high definition projections to put you into the experience.As you walk through the double doors, you arrive at player check-in, where the system captures a photo of you and takes the pronunciation of your name. A pathway created by lights and a moderators voice then led me through the next door, into the locker room. The wooden walls have the names of past champions on them, and just as I rounded the corner, I almost jumped as I was greeted by real-life-looking holograms of Pete Sampras and Monica Seles standing mid-locker room.And they knew I had walked in! The pair greeted me and immediately started giving me tips for the match I was about to walk into, as well as some words of motivation. They wished me luck, and I turned and followed the lighted pathway down the infamous tunnel leading to the court.. Custom Andy Pettitte Jersey. My journey down the tunnel was accompanied by flashing lights from the paparazzi and sound guys in videos on both sides of the walls, imitating the media capturing photos and sound bytes. Videos of past players during crucial points from epic matches were also immersed in there, moving down the wall, leading me toward the dome. When I reached the end, the moderator asked if I was ready -- it was time to step onto the court.I walked through the next door and into Arthur Ashe stadium (the biggest tennis stadium in the world), accompanied by the chants and cheers of the crowd as my name was announced and my photo came across the Jumbotron. I kid you not -- it felt like I was on center court. The seats were filled with what looked like real fans, 360 degrees around me, cheering and going wild. I couldnt help but say, This is so cool out loud. I felt like I was Serena -- and the crowd loved me.I was handed a racket and the dome projection directed me to prepare to serve. On the screen in front of me, I could see my opponent across the net. I also caught a glimpse of Monica in the stands cheering. I was directed to serve, so I wound up with the real racket I was holding, and ... ace! The crowd went wild as I won the point.Worth it?Definitely! Walking out of it, I couldnt stop thinking how unbelievably realistic it all was. Computers operate all the behind-the-scenes technology (such as each rooms ability to know when you enter, your faces projection on the Jumbotron and your serve as you wind up with the connected tennis racket) so nothing gets in the way of your experience once youre inside the walk.Plus, its all free. Afterward, you get a takeaway video that shows clips of Monica and Pete talking about what a great player you are (heres mine), as well as quick shots of you from the experience. Would I do it again? Absolutely. ' ' '