y, who was hit on the facemask by a deflecte | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 20 '20
ATLANTA -- Alabama coach Nick Saban wants to help offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin get another head coaching job. Custom Packers T-shirts .College footballs odd coaching couple led the top-ranked Crimson Tide to their third straight Southeastern Conference championship Saturday with a 54-16 win over No. 15 Florida. Theyre a lock to make it 3 for 3 in getting to the playoffs when the matchups are announced on Sunday.Kiffin has thrived in his role with the Tide, but the former USC, Tennessee and Oakland Raiders head coach is frequently mentioned for other jobs. His name has come up as a potential candidate for the openings at Oregon and Houston and for the offensive coordinator position at LSU under former USC colleague Ed Orgeron.Weve had conversations about it, Saban said. He wants to be a head coach. I want him to be a head coach. I want to help him get a head coaching job.The rest of it, we have not discussed, and I dont think its the right time.The coach added that time could come in the next couple of weeks.For his part, Kiffin wanted to savor the moment instead of talking about his future. He remained by himself while the team surged onto the field in celebration, strolling around and briefly chatting with SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey and others.I dont want to talk about it right now, Kiffin said when asked about his future. I just want to enjoy winning another SEC championship.Asked if hed be with the Tide through the playoffs, he chuckled: I hope so. If theyll let me.Kiffin helped the Tide win the national championship last season.Hes worked with three different starting quarterbacks during his tenure, including freshman Jalen Hurts this season and guided Alabamas transition into a more up tempo style offense.Kiffin received a new deal in September paying him $1.4 million this year, extending through February 2017.That doubled his salary under a three-year deal running through this season. He had been receiving a buyout from USC.Kiffin had mixed results as a head coach at Tennessee and USC, and was fired during his second season with the Raiders.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Custom Packers Jerseys . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. Cheap Custom Packers Jersey . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. http://www.custompackersjersey.com/ . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Home run? Double? Who knew? Not Troy Tulowitzki. The Rockies shortstop was running all-out when a fan grabbed his fly ball by the top of the wall in left field. The umpires initially ruled the fan had reached over the wall and awarded Tulowitzki a double. One minute later, they changed their minds. Tulowitzki wound up with a two-run homer in the eighth inning, and the Rockies held on for a 5-4 victory Tuesday night that ended their streak of six consecutive losses to the Cincinnati Reds. "I didnt really see him touch it," Tulowitzki said. "I was just running and wanted to make sure I made it to second base." The umpires needed only a minute to watch the video and see that the fan with a glove had caught the ball above the top of the wall. They overturned the initial fan-interference call and awarded Tulowitzki his 13th homer. "A big-time home run by a big-time player," Colorado manager Walt Weiss said. "It doesnt get any more clutch than that." Sam LeCure (1-1) retired the first two Rockies in the eighth before walking Carlos Gonzalez and going to a full count on Tulowitzki, who got the fastball he was expecting. Reds manager Dusty Baker went with LeCure instead of Jonathan Broxton in the eighth because he was already warming up and has pitched well lately. LeCure hadnt allowed a run since May 5. "As a reliever, the later youre in the game, the better," LeCure said. "Today just wasnt my day. Ive been throwing the ball well, and people kept reminding me of that, and I kept saying, Someday, its going to end. It didnt have to be today." Nobody was happier about the homer than reliever Edgmer Escalona, whose mental lapse gave the Reds a go-ahead run in the seventh. Escalona tried the third-to-first pickoff fake that was outlawed this season, resulting in a balk that gave the Reds a 4-3 lead. "I figured at some point this year, somebody was going to do that with the new rule," Weiss said. Josh Outman (2-0) fanned Joey Votto and Jay Bruce to end that rally. Rex Brothers pitched a perfect ninth for his secoond save. Cheap Packers Jerseys. . The left-hander is filling in as closer with Rafael Betancourt sidelined by a strained groin. The Rockies are 2-6 against the Reds over the last two seasons. Colorado pulled ahead 3-0 against Homer Bailey, but couldnt hold on. Juan Nicasio gave up three runs in six innings, with Ryan Hanigan driving in a pair. Bailey was coming off his worst start of the year. He lasted a season-low 3 2-3 innings during a 7-1 loss in Cleveland on Thursday, when he gave up seven runs with two outs in the fourth. The right-hander had another bad inning against the Rockies, who scored three times in the second. Jonathan Herrera doubled home two runs, and Dexter Fowler singled home another run with two outs. Bailey then settled in, retiring the next 13 batters. Todd Frazier led the Reds comeback. He extended his hitting streak to five games with a double in the second and scored on Hanigans groundout. Frazier doubled again, driving home a run in the fourth, and came around on Hanigans double to tie it 3-all. Frazier, who finished third in NL Rookie of the Year voting last season, has pulled out of his slow start by batting .352 in his last 16 games. Michael Cuddyer singled and scored the Rockies first run, extending his hitting streak to eight games. Herrera finished with three hits. NOTES: The Rockies sent starter Tyler Chatwood back to Denver for an MRI on his sore right triceps, which forced him from a 3-0 loss to the Reds on Monday night in the fifth inning. Chatwood is expected to miss at least his next turn. A medical exam was encouraging. ... Reds 2B Brandon Phillips missed a third straight game with a bruised left forearm. He took batting practice and said the arm felt better. Hes expected back on Friday for the opening of a series against first-place St. Louis. ... Umpire Lance Barrett filled in for Kerwin Danley, who was hit on the facemask by a deflected pitch and left the game with a headache on Monday night. ... RHP Johnny Cueto (3-0) makes his fourth start since coming off the DL in the series finale on Wednesday. RHP Jon Garland (3-6) starts for the Rockies. ' ' '