boat. It is the same as late finals - you just deal w | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 24 '20
England coach Wayne Bennett has pledged Brisbane Broncos backing for the 2017 World Club Series. Bob Dee Jersey .Plans for the annual clash between the leading clubs from Super League and the NRL were thrown into disarray earlier this week when Melbourne Storm officially withdrew.They were promptly followed by a host of other Australian outfits, who claimed it interfered with their preparations for the new domestic season.Wigan and Cronulla, the two 2016 Grand Final winners, will meet in the traditional World Club Challenge at the DW Stadium on the weekend of Feb. 16-17.However, uncertainty surrounds the other two scheduled ties in the recently-expanded World Club Series following the snub from beaten NRL Grand Finalists Melbourne, who were due to play Super League runners-up Warrington.Brisbane had offered to host Wigan if they had lost the Super League Grand Final and Bennett, a long-time advocate of the international game, says he has already been in touch with Rugby Football League chief executive Nigel Wood to reassure him of his clubs commitment to the series.We would be keen to travel, Bennett said in his first interview to English journalists since his appointment in February. I spoke to Nigel on Monday night and told him that the whole concept has got the clubs backing.We love coming over, weve enjoyed it in the last couple of years as a club and were also trying to host one here in the pre-season. But if that doesnt come to fruition and theres a vacancy to come over to England we will certainly go.The other clubs have all got their reasons Im sure, but we dont find it interferes with our season really. Weve played in a Grand Final, gone over for the World Club Series and started the following year well, so I cant find a fault with it. Personally Id be extremely disappointed if we shared the same view.Meanwhile, Bennett said he would have had no qualms about picking Australia-born players in his 24-man squad for the Four Nations Series, even though he opted not to in the end.Twins Brett and Josh Morris, who have both represented the Kangaroos, and Newcastle Knights scrum-half Trent Hodkinson were among a raft of players linked with a switch of allegiance.I was considering any player that was eligible for England, whether they were Australia-born, Australia-based or simply English, Bennett said. It didnt faze me in any way.The speculation got out of control though. It was purely media-driven in this country, I dont know what it was like in England.At the time I said nothing about it but Ill pick the best 24 players to play for England in my opinion. If theyre Australia-based, I would have stood by that. J. J. Stokes Jersey . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Ben Coates Jersey . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. http:///...sey-large-1101f.html .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. A lost bus driver forced a delay in the womens 50-metre freestyle semifinals at the Rio Olympics.?Australias Cate and Bronte Campbell werent on board the bus for the short drive from the athletes village to the aquatics stadium for Friday nights semifinals.But other semifinalists - Denmarks Jeanette Ottesen, Great Britains Fran Halsall and Aliaksandra Herasimenia from Belarus - were.The semis were delayed some 35 minutes.We are surrprised the bus hasnt gone awry before this, Bronte Campbell said. Jim Plunkett Jersey. It is one of the curve balls that the Olympics chuck at you.And we are all in the same boat. It is the same as late finals - you just deal with it when it comes.We had a lot of time to adjust to it, it was really well managed. ' ' '