on, and must play the Seattle Seahawks on the road on Thursday night.What can the Rams do to get ba | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 24 '20
DENVER -- Ross Ohlendorf returned to the big leagues with a new windup and delivered quite a performance. Wilbur Jackson Jersey . Displaying a throwback motion with an exaggerated rock step and lifting both arms over his head, Ohlendorf pitched six strong innings in his Washington debut as the Nationals beat the Colorado Rockies 5-1 Wednesday night. Ian Desmond backed him with two hits and three RBIs for the Nationals third win in their last 12 road games. "My windup, I started doing this year," Ohlendorf said. "It gives me rhythm and helps me stay loose, and the ball has been coming out well pitching that way." Well enough to keep the Rockies hitters guessing. "Sometimes you get ready too early," Nolan Arenado said. "Then you get ready too late. You couldnt find that balance. He kept the ball down. He mixed in both sides of the plate. Youve got to give him credit. He did a good job." Recalled earlier in the day from Triple-A Syracuse, Ohlendorf (1-0) allowed one run and two hits in his first start since last Aug. 17 with San Diego against San Francisco. "It couldnt have been easy," said Desmond, who matched a season high with his three RBIs. "I know hes got to be hungry to get back to the big leagues. To come up and deliver like that, thats an outing weve been needing all year. To hold the Rockies at home, all their guys are hot, he did an unbelievable job." Signed by Washington last winter as a minor league free agent, Ohlendorf became the eighth starting pitcher used by the Nationals this year, matching last seasons total. Stephen Strasburg and Ross Detwiler remain on the disabled list but are due to return soon. However, Nationals manager Davey Johnson said he was impressed by Ohlendorf and hopes to find a way to keep the Princeton product around for a while. And he kind of likes his windup. "Its old-fashioned," Johnson said. Desmond extended his hitting streak to a career-high 14 games with an RBI single in the fourth to give the Nationals a 1-0 lead. Washington struck for three more in the sixth and chased starter Jorge De La Rosa (7-4), beating him for the first time in the past five tries. De La Rosa, who has been dealing with a nagging cut on the middle finger of his pitching hand, went 5 1-3 innings and allowed three runs on four hits. He struck out five and walked three. De La Rosa had gone 3-0 with a 4.44 ERA in his previous four starts against the Nationals. "He struggled through some of his outing and again in the end," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "He kept us close enough to win a game. He had to work pretty hard, threw a lot of pitches." Jeff Kobernus began Washingtons burst with a one-out walk in the sixth and Ryan Zimmerman doubled to the wall in deep left-centre, scoring Kobernus. Left fielder Carlos Gonzalez and centre fielder Dexter Fowler both converged on Zimmermans drive, banging into each other as Fowler jumped at the wall. The ball dribbled to the ground and Fowler threw it back in. Both players, though shaken up, remained in the game. Adam Ottavino relieved De La Rosa and Wilin Rosario replaced catcher Yorvit Torrealba in a double switch. One out later, Adam LaRoche was walked intentionally and went to second on a wild pitch before Desmond singled up the middle, scoring Zimmerman and LaRoche. Gonzalez tripled in a run for Colorado in the sixth but Washington got it back in the eighth on an RBI double by Anthony Rendon, who has a hit in seven straight games. NOTES: Nationals C Wilson Ramos re-injured his left hamstring running first-to-third drills two days ago at the clubs facility in Viera, Fla. Johnson termed it a slight setback but said it would be "a long shot" for Ramos to return before the All-Star break. ... The Nationals made room for Ohlendorf by optioning RHP Nathan Karns to Double-A Harrisburg. ... The Rockies announced before the game that they had signed their top draft pick, Oklahoma pitcher Jonathan Gray. The third overall selection in last weeks draft, Gray is the highest pick to sign so far. ... OF Eric Young Jr. was designated for assignment by the Rockies, and RHP Chris Volstad was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs. ... OF Michael Cuddyer missed a fifth straight game for the Rockies because of a right ribcage strain but is expected to return for Thursdays series finale. Dre Greenlaw Jersey . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Frank Gore Jersey . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. http:///...rsey-large-288d.html . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. LOS ANGELES --?Todd Gurley said his Rams were running what looked like a middle school offense and questioned the effort of his teammates after Sundays 42-14 rout by the Atlanta Falcons, the Rams eighth defeat in nine games.Man, we gotta play, Gurley said. I dont care if were out of the playoffs or not. I dont care. Just come up, show up, play. Thats why we play this game. Show up, play.Gurley, held below 100 rushing yards for the 20th time in his past 21 games, was asked if he believes everybody on his team is showing up to play.I dont, the running back replied. I really dont. Were just going through the motions. It looks like everybodys just playing to get through.The Rams -- already last in the NFL in first downs, yards and points per game -- committed five turnovers in what ended up being their third consecutive lopsided defeat. Two of those turnovers led directly to touchdowns and were created by quarterback Jared Goff, 2016s No. 1 overall pick -- first on an interception and then on a sack-fumble.Two more came on fumbles by the two men replacing injured running back Benny Cunningham -- Mike Thomas on the opening kkickoff and Malcolm Brown on a rushing attempt. John Brodie Jersey. And another came on a pass that hit Kenny Britt in his chest and bounced into the hands of a Falcons defender in the red zone.We looked like a middle school offense out there, Gurley said after compiling 83 yards from scrimmage and punching in the Rams first touchdown at the start of the fourth quarter. I mean, Im going to be quiet. My mom said if you dont have anything good to say, dont even say it. Im just going to leave it as that.Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who tied an NFL record with his 165th career loss, is getting most of the blame, but Gurley said, Coaches dont have anything to do with it. This is about us. Were on the field.The Rams are 4-9, guaranteed their 10th consecutive losing season, and must play the Seattle Seahawks on the road on Thursday night.What can the Rams do to get back on track?I really dont know, Gurley said before repeating really eight times and then another dont know.We all got to figure that out, he said. ' ' '