ibbons came out to break up the argument and was also eje | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jan 27 '20
TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger gathered for the latest installment of Insider Trading and the topics discussed were Joe Sakics comments about the draft, the latest on Kris Letangs contract discussions with the Penguins, the spin-o-rama in shootouts, Kings goaltender Jonathan Bernier and the World Juniors going to Toronto and Montreal in 2015 and 2017. Air Force 1 Doernbecher . Why would Joe Sakic say that if the Colorado Avalanche keep the first overall pick in the NHL Draft, they are leaning towards passing on defenceman Seth Jones? Bob McKenzie: There are two schools of thought out there on Sakics comments. No. 1 is maybe its a sincere and honest declaration in that quite frankly, they dont have the Denver kid who grew up there who has a high profile name because hes Popeye Jones son. They dont have him ahead of any of the forwards that are available and therefore they want to start cushioning the blow and dont want it to be a big backlash if, all of a sudden, they surprise everybody on draft day by taking Nathan MacKinnon or Jonathan Drouin. The flip side is, theres some people out there who thinks its posturing; that Sakic is merely saying this because he believes the Florida Panthers or the Tampa Bay Lightning really want MacKinnon or Drouin. And if they think that those players are going to be gone to Denver with the number one pick, they might offer something. I dont believe that. I think the Panthers are going to sit there and say were content to sit in the number two slot and take whoevers there according to our rankings. Was there any progress in Wednesdays meeting between Kris Letangs agent Kent Hughes and Pittsburgh Penguins general manager Ray Shero? Pierre LeBrun: It was a preliminary discussion really setting the barometers of what is this conversation theyre having. Theyre going to meet again over the next week, and again and again until theres a resolution. One thing Shero said Wednesday afternoon was that he knows all the media are speculating that he has to trade Letang this summer if he doesnt get him signed. Not necessarily. They can wait until the trade deadline while they try and sign him. On the other hand, I can tell you that I believe the message that Hughes parlayed to Shero Wednesday at that meeting is not a dime less than $7 million for Letang, which might be a tough pill to swallow for the Penguins. If you ask me, I still believe that the best package for Shero, if you cant sign him, comes this summer and not waiting until the trade deadline, although Shero said he spoke to Nashville Predators general manager David Poile about the kind of packages he got for Ryan Sutter a year-and-a-half ago and that made him think. We shall see.  Darren Dreger: I believe that Letang wants to stay with the Penguins. Why wouldnt you? You have an annual shot at winning the Stanley Cup. There are some who believe that as long as this deal has a six in front of it, 6.5 million instead of seven-plus times eight years the maximum, that hell take that deal and hell stay. Is the NHL actually close to banning the spin-o-rama in the shootout? Dreger: They talked about it at length on Wednesday. The reasoning behind it is that its hard on the officials to truly determine the direction of the puck and if its moving forward and is there contact with the goaltender. It is going to require ongoing dialog over the course of the summer and there is some expectation that therell be pushback from the players. To quote Bill Daily, "this may not be the hill that the NHL is willing to die on."      LeBrun: It drives me crazy. The shootout as it is is a bit of a joke. I mean, its a skill event and its not part of a real hockey game. If youre going to have a shootout, the players can do what they want as far as Im concerned. My own preference; cancel the whole thing and go to three-on-three overtime. And I know I have a bunch of general managers on my side on that one.  McKenzie: They shouldnt throw the baby out with the bath water. Spin-o-rama moves are okay as long as the goaltender is not interfered with. I would put the onus on the referees; there are two refs and two linemen on the ice to be able to determine if a goaltender is being interfered with. As for whether or not the puck moves forward, I think they can figure that out.  Which teams are serious about LA Kings goaltender Jonathan Bernier, and what are you hearing about Roberto Luongo? LeBrun: Five teams we believe are in the mix. Bob alluding to three of them on Tuesday; the Maple Leafs, Islanders and Flyers, but today we also learned that the Stars and Panthers are also in the mix. I spoke with Bernier today and he didnt know a whole lot about whats going on on the trade front but he said hes excited. General manager Dean Lombardi promised him at his exit meeting that he would do everything that he can to give him a shot to go and be a number one goalie elsewhere and thats what Bernier wants. Dreger: The sense is that the Vancouver Canucks are not going to buy out or waive Roberto Luongo. Theyre confident that theyll have a trade partner for Luongo at the draft.   Why are the World Juniors going to Toronto and Montreal in back-to-back years? McKenzie: They obviously want to go to big markets, but whats most interesting is that theyre going to share it. In 2015, in will be Toronto at the Air Canada Centre that gets the medal games while the Bell Centre in Montreal will have the preliminary games. In 2017 it will flip around and Montreal will be home to the medal rounds. Obviously, the two biggest cities in Canada and two arenas that they can charge a lot of money and generate a lot of interest. Air Force 1 Alte Summaeverythang .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Air Force 1 Outlet Italia .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. http:///...-1-alte-supreme.html . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . TORONTO -- Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion has been suspended one game for making contact with umpire Vic Carapazza during an argument Friday.Encarnacion, who leads baseball with 73 RBIs, is eligible to play while he appeals the penalty.Encarnacion was ejected for the first time this season for arguing with Carapazza after being called out on strikes to end the first inning of Fridays 19-inning, 2-1 loss to Cleveland. Encarnacion made contact with Carapazzas left shoulder after being ejeected. Sf Air Force 1 Mid Nere. Manager John Gibbons came out to break up the argument and was also ejected.Later in the game, Carapazza ejected Toronto catcher Russell Martin for arguing balls and strikes. An irate Martin had to be restrained by bench coach DeMarlo Hale and third-base coach Luis Rivera.Following Fridays defeat, Martin said Carapazza just wasnt very good today. ' ' '