side of the walls, not something you see from the | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 28 '20
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is being linked with a move to the Premier League - but which club would suit him best? The PSG ace - who is out of contract this summer - scored at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night to help his side knock Chelsea out of the Champions League and after the match was coy on his future plans. Stars Jerseys 2021 .It seems retirement isnt on the agenda for the 34-year-old. Earlier this week Ibrahimovic said he was only warming up and few Premier League clubs would turn down the opportunity to sign him. However, judging by his quotes below, Ibrahimovic would favour some destinations over others…ARSENAL Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored against Arsenal for AC Milan and Barcelona Arsene Wenger has not been slow to praise Ibrahimovic in recent years, describing him as a great player and someone who turns up with performances in the big games ahead of Arsenals Champions League clash with AC Milan in 2012.However, the Arsenal boss wasnt quick enough to recognise the Swedes talent when Ibrahimovic was just 16. Then with Malmo, Ibrahimovic visited Arsenals training ground with a view to joining the Gunners. No way, Zlatan doesnt do auditions. Zlatan Ibrahimovic on being offered a trial with Arsenal Wenger, who had not seen Ibrahimovic play, offered the young forward a trial. Ibrahimovic wasnt impressed: I dont do trials, he said.However, its not just history potentially standing in the way of an Ibrahimovic-to-Arsenal deal. Given the wages and his age, it doesnt feel like an Arsenal deal, Martin Keown told the Daily Mail last month.CHELSEA Ibrahimovic scored the winner against Chelsea on Tuesday Given his recent run-ins with Chelsea players, Stamford Bridge wouldnt necessarily seem like a natural next stop for Ibrahimovic. The striker was sent off in last seasons Champions League tie in west London for a challenge on Oscar and Sky Sports Jamie Carragher described the reaction of the Chelsea players as disgraceful, as they demanded action from referee Bjorn Kuipers.Earlier this week, Ibrahimovic revealed he was also less than impressed with the Blues behaviour that day. Asked whether he expected Chelsea to act like men this time, he said: The last game we played there were no indications of that. Id never seen anything like that before … from mature players like that, I didnt expect it. When I got the red card all the Chelsea players come around. It felt like I had a lot of babies around me. Zlatan Ibrahimovic However, there are likely to be a number of changes at Chelsea this summer, with Antonio Conte expected to join the club and bring in his own staff and players.The Juventus legend retired from playing the summer Ibrahimovic joined the Serie A side in 2004 but could the pair finally be united in the Premier League?MANCHESTER UNITED Louis van Gaal was technical director when Ibrahimovic was at Ajax French media have named Manchester United as a likely destination for Ibrahimovic this summer - but that may well depend on who is in charge at Old Trafford when the transfer window opens.Current boss Louis van Gaal drew plenty of criticism from Ibrahimovic in his autobiography I am Zlatan. The Dutchman was technical director at Ajax when Ibrahimovic was playing up front for the club in the early 2000s - and it seems the pair didnt get on.Van Gaal was a pompous a**, Ibrahimovic wrote in his book. He wanted to be a dictator, without a hint of a gleam in his eye. As a player, hed never stood out, but he was revered in the Netherlands because, as a manager, hed won the Champions League with Ajax and received some medal from the government. [Van Gaal] wanted to be a dictator... as a player, he never stood out. Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Louis van Gaal Ibrahimovic went on to recount a story where he made clear hed rather take legend Marco van Bastens advice on defending ahead of Van Gaals - which didnt go down well with the now Manchester United boss.However, should Jose Mourinho take the reins at Old Trafford - as British newspaper reports have suggested - United may appear a more enticing proposition for the Swede. Ibrahimovic is a big fan of Mourinho, following their time working together at Inter Milan. Zlatan Ibrahimovic said Jose Mourinho become a guy I was basically willing to die for Mourinho is very intelligent. He doesnt treat everybody the same. He knows how to treat people as individuals to get 100% out of them, Ibrahimovic said. That guy says whatever he wants. I like him. Hes the leader of his army. But he cares, too. He would text me all the time at Inter, wondering how I was doing. Mourinho would become a guy I was basically willing to die for.MAN CITY Ibrahimovic had a big bust-up with Pep Guardiola at Barcelona As well as Arsenal, the other Premier League club which came closest to signing Ibrahimovic in the past was Manchester City. The striker revealed that when he left Barcelona in 2011, City made their interest in him clear. However, with the club still yet to win their first Premier League title, Ibrahimovic preferred a switch to Milan.Now two-time English champions, and boasting one of the strongest squads in Europe, Manchester City would surely appeal to the Swede - but for their incoming manager. As a coach [Guardiola] was fantastic. As a person, I have no comments about that. That is something else. He is not a man. Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Pep Guardiola Ibrahimovic is famously not a fan of Pep Guardiola and his methods. In his autobiography, the striker likened his two-year spell at the Nou Camp to being back at school and described Guardiola as a spineless coward after the Spaniard failed to respond to Ibrahimovics outburst after Barcelonas Champions League semi-final defeat to Mourinhos Inter.Whatever happened, as a coach he was fantastic, Ibrahimovic told CNN in November. As a person, I have no comments about that. That is something else. He is not a man. Theres nothing more to say. Also See: Chelsea out as Ibra strikes WATCH: Ibra coy over future Dallas Stars Pro Shop . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Stitched Stars Jerseys . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. https://www.cheapstarsonline.com/ . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Matt Johns will be Virginias starting quarterback on Saturday at Georgia Tech.Coach Bronco Mendenhall made the announcement Monday, saying that Johns, who started every Cavaliers game last season, will replace struggling transfer Kurt Benkert.The Cavaliers (2-8, 1-5 Atlantic Coast Conference) lost their fifth straight on Saturday, 34-14 against Miami. Benkert fumbled the ball away twice after halftime, and Johns replaced him with about five minutes to play.Mendenhall was effusive in his praise of Johns for his leadership all season, even after losing the starting job.Im genuine, authentic when I say this, Mendenhall said. He is an amazing human being and a really good player and a good leader. I think our team recognizes that and no one wants success for him more than his teammates.The coach says Benkert, who has started the first 10 games this year, has reached the point of needing to take a step back after his recent struggles. He has thrown for 20 touchdowns, but also 11 interceptions, and has struggled under pressure, which has been plentiful. Virginia has allowed 31 sacks.I think its the best thing for our team. I also think its the best thing to do for Kurt, Mendenhall said. I think hell grow and develop more by playing this role for a little bit, and I have to let Matt have his chance. Hes done way too much for the program.Linebacker Zach Bradshaw, like Johns a senior, believes the team will get a boost from the switch.Obviously we love both Kurt and Matt, and Matts been around forever ... he sttarted last year, Bradshaw said. Dallas Stars Store. Im really happy for him that he has this opportunity. If theres anyone on the team that deserves it, its him, especially being put in the situation that he was put in, he hasnt complained once.Johns threw for 20 touchdowns with 17 interceptions last season as Virginia finished 4-8. His interception total led the nation, and when the stronger-armed Benkert arrived as a transfer from East Carolina, he was a better fit with the up-tempo offense preferred by Mendenhall and his staff. Benkert was eligible to play immediately because hed earned his degree and he won the starting job.Johns had only been in games as the holder on field goals before Saturday, and threw a touchdown pass on a fake field goal against North Carolina. He was 3 for 7 and had three passes dropped against the Hurricanes.Johns was not made available to the media on Monday, but after the loss to Miami, said he remains on board with what Mendenhall is trying to build at Virginia. The Cavaliers have not been to a bowl game since 2011.The culture is changing, and thats something you see on the inside of the walls, not something you see from the outside looking in, he said after the game. Moving forward, the culture will be established and coach Mendenhall has done a great job of that.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Hank on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hankkurzjr ' ' '