gh time to get ready for the seaso | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 30 '20
SEC commissioner Greg Sankey defended the decision to postpone Saturdays matchup between LSU and Florida but reinforced that its important to play that game at a later date. Raheem Mostert Super Bowl Jersey .Sankey spoke by phone with broadcasters Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson during CBS airing of the Tennessee-Texas A&M game and said that the conference is still working to find an acceptable makeup date after postponing the game on Thursday as Hurricane Matthew approached the Florida coast.The game needs to be played, and we need to work to find a way to do that, Sankey said. This conference often describes itself as a family. A family has points of tension. I certainly understand the angst and frustration. I have my own level of angst, but we need to come together to play a football game and find the best way to do that.Sankey said postponing the game was the right call -- even while Georgia and South Carolina simply moved their game in Columbia, South Carolina, back one day to Sunday -- for a number of reasons. It would have been difficult to assemble the necessary security and emergency personnel, for one thing, and the Gainesville area also had been designated as an evacuation zone for coastal Florida residents.A number of those things are different from what we saw with Georgia-South Carolina where there was bus travel involved, we could secure space for the team to stay without displacing evacuees, local emergency personnel were still available to staff the game, Sankey said. You have to understand those differences.An SEC official told the Baton Rouge Advocate on Friday that two dates are on the table for a makeup game: Oct. 29 and Nov. 19.Asked about playing it on Nov. 19, Sankey said, I want to be careful because there are a number of options so it doesnt narrow to just one and a number of factors to consider.Playing Oct. 29 would require Florida to sacrifice its open date on Oct. 22 and instead play Georgia a week early and LSU the next Saturday. LSU also would lose its open date that weekend prior to the Alabama game the following Saturday.A Nov. 19 makeup date would require both teams to buy out existing non-conference games: Florida against Presbyterian and LSU against South Alabama. Playing that day in Gainesville would require LSU to lose a home game, which is a point of contention in a Baton Rouge area whose economy was hammered by Augusts historic floods.Both teams remain among the contenders in their respective division races, and as SEC rules dictate, the winner in each will be determined by in-conference winning percentage even if LSU and Florida fail to reschedule the game.Sankey acknowledged that a cancellation would impact the integrity of the division races, although he did not offer a timetable on when a makeup decision will be made.We want to make sure we evaluate it, Sankey said. I would like to move this along as efficiently as possible, but Id be careful not to put a point in time where we can provide a definitive answer because there are a number of issues that have to be considered. But my desire is to see us play that game. Custom 49ers Super Bowl Jerseys .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. Weston Richburg Super Bowl Jersey . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. https://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-George-Kittle-Jersey/ .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. TORONTO -- One guy has more points over the past five seasons combined than any player in the NHL -- more than Sidney Crosby, Patrick Kane or Alex Ovechkin over that span. The other guy tied the all-time single-season record for wins last season en route to a Vezina Trophy. The third has a Stanley Cup ring and was second only to Drew Doughty as a minutes-eater on his NHL club last season.There they were Wednesday afternoon at Air Canada Centre, Claude Giroux, Braden Holtby and Jake Muzzin?-- representing a combined?$20 million in NHL salaries for the upcoming season -- getting in a skate on a day when the rest of Team Canadas lineup stayed off the ice on the eve of Game 2 of the World Cup of Hockey finals.It is testimony, of course, to Team Canadas mind-blowing depth of talent that it can romp through this event without making those three guys regular members of the lineup.Just as important, though, is how these star players have accepted their situation. Of course, it kills them not to play. Theyre born competitors.But theyre also cognizant of the need to put Team Canada first, and so they have.Obviously we all want to play, Giroux said Wednesday. Thats just in our blood. And we just want to see Team Canada win.Having just missed out on being picked for Canadas 2014 Sochi Olympic team, Giroux was absolutely jacked when he got the call this time around. During the teams pre-tournament camp in Ottawa you could practically see his eyes glow with excitement at the prospect of finally getting his shot.The experience has still been positive, but appearing in just one tournament game isnt exactly what he had hoped for at the start.You dream of playing for Team Canada when youre a kid, Giroux said. You must want to help your country win. Obviously you want to play. Everyone on this team has the attitude that they want to make a difference. They want to be out there to help the team win. Its tough. But Im learning a lot and having a lot of fun here.Both Giroux and Muzzin were original roster members but have since been passed over for playing time by late-replacement additions in Ryan OReilly and Jay Bouwmeester, respectively.But that again speaks to the remarkable depth and plethora of choices with which Team Canada head coach Mike Babcock is blessed.Obviously, you want to be out there. every guy wants to be out there, Muzzin said. But when youre a scratch on one of the best teams in the world, I mean, its an honor just to be here. Its a privilege to be here. You cant really be too angry. Yeah, I want to play and I want to show what I can do and play at this elite level and prove myself at this level, but at the same time our team is full of really, really good hockey players. Thats just how it is.Holtby feels it might have been a little tougher on Giroux and Muzzin because, as he says, there are more moving parts in the lineup with forwards and defensemen. But as one of the teams three goalies, he had a pretty good sense going in that Carey Price would be the starter.It waas probably easier for me because I was a little more prepared for it, Holtby said. Jimmy Garoppolo Super Bowl Jersey. Its been good. Its been a challenge in some ways, but its been fun.That Corey Crawford has been the backup ahead of Holtby was a mild surprise, just because of the Washington Capitals goalies standout 2015-16 season. But then again, when you consider Crawfords Stanley Cup experience with the Chicago Blackhawks, its kind of a toss-up.Its a pretty big honor just to be named to this team, Holtby said. Its pretty much an all-star team. Its pretty cool that way. I think youre just proud to represent your country. You dont really question it. But you definitely gain a new perspective of guys back on your (NHL) team that are struggling to get into the lineup. Its a tough spot.Giroux, the Philadelphia Flyers captain, echoed the sentiment of having a better appreciation for the players who vie for a lineup spot back home.It helps you understand what guys go through when theyre healthy scratches, Giroux said. Its not the most fun thing. You just got to grind it out and hope for your chance. But being part of this team has been a blast.Giroux is a victim of being on a team loaded with star centers, some of which are Olympic holdovers. Still, this July 17 tweet on NHL point leaders from ESPN NHL analytics guru Rob Vollman underscores Girouxs accomplishment the past half-decade: Its amazing that Giroux can be cast aside, but at the same time, its not all that shocking when you look at the names on the lineup.The talent thats here is pretty surreal, Giroux said. You can see every line is playing well right now -- how Canada finds a way to play a team game even when theres a lot of talent. A lot of guys that can take over a game. Everybody buys in, and its one of the reasons Canada has been successful.Muzzin has just tried to soak in as much as he can from this dressing room of full of leaders and superstars.Seeing the guys in here and how they prepare and seeing the different things that they do, I mean, you learn so much from different guys, said the?Los Angeles Kings?blueliner. And they learn things from you, it goes vice versa. You pick a coachs brain a little bit, you get a different view, you learn a lot. How can you not learn from this experience??A tough task for the three of them is trying to get as ready as possible for the NHL season which is just around the corner.Thats kind of been the challenge, right? Muzzin said.Its strange, because weve been playing hockey for longer, but were almost behind when we get back just because of the situation were in, Holtby said. But in preseason, its not like you play every game. Its a new challenge, but theres still enough time to get ready for the season.All three will go home with memories nonetheless.The whole experience has been great, just being around the guys has been fun, Giroux said.Only on Team Canada. ' ' '