le Onrea Jones starts at receiver. Nate Bussey replace | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 30 '20
ANAHEIM, Calif. Air Force 1 Basse Homme . -- Hector Santiago was happy to overlook his rough stretch as long as the Los Angeles Angels got the win.Santiago labored through five innings, throwing a season-high 119 pitches with six walks, and it was good enough as the Angels beat the Boston Red Sox 5-2 Saturday night.A phenomenal start, Santiago said. We got the W. Who cares about the rest?After giving up a pair of runs in the first, including a leadoff homer to Mookie Betts, Santiago mostly managed to frustrate the Red Sox, who left 11 men on base.Its almost like he was effectively wild, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. He was erratic enough in the strike zone to prevent us from squaring anything up.Santiago (10-4) has now won six consecutive starts, posting a 1.78 ERA, all in the month of July. Hes the first left-hander to go 6-0 in a calendar month since Andy Pettitte managed it for the Yankees in August of 2007.He was supported Saturday by the continued hot bat of veteran Albert Pujols.After Santiago allowed the two runs in the first, the Angels got one back in the bottom of the inning against Drew Pomeranz (8-9) before Pujols put the Angels on top with a line-drive, two-run homer in the third.Pujols has 20 RBI in his last 13 games, 30 for the month of July and 80 on the season. It was his 20th home run of the year. This after he started the season batting .185 in his first 33 games.Year after year, Albert is one of the most productive hitters to ever play the game, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. We were never worried about Albert.It was the third start for Pomeranz with the Red Sox since acquired from the Padres on July 14. He is 0-2 with a 7.53 in his three starts with Boston.Overall he just wasnt as strong as the last time out, Farrell said. Its been a mixed bag. Theres quality stuff being thrown, its just a matter of consistency.Pomeranz went 5 1/3 innings and was charged with all five runs. He gave up six hits, walked two and struck out four.He was not helped by the Red Sox offense, which stranded those 11 runners and could never come up with the timely hit after the first.Missed opportunities, Farrell said. Thats the story of this game.The Angels backed up the erratic performance by Santiago with four scoreless innings of relief by four different relievers. Houston Street got the final three outs for his ninth save.The Angels are 47-57, their season appearing lost. But they have won 10 of their last 15 and 18 of their last 25. And since 2012, they are 22-10 at home against the Red Sox.ALL LEFT OUTThe Angels parted ways with their opening-day platoon in left field, designating Daniel Nava and Craig Gentry for assignment. Not wanting to pay the luxury tax, the Angels signed the two in the offseason for a combined $2.4 million. Nava hit .229 with one home run. Gentry hit .147 in 34 at-bats before injuring his back and being assigned to the minors. The Angels activated outfielder Shane Robinson (right ankle sprain) from the disabled list.MOVING UPThe home run by Pujols left him with 1,190 career extra-base hits, tying Lou Gehrig for ninth on baseballs all-time list. With the home run, he joined Frank Robinson, Hank Aaron and Willie Mays as the only plays with 20-plus home runs in 15 of their first 16 seasons.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: RHP Craig Kimbrel threw 17 pitches in his first rehab appearance. Kimbrel (surgery for torn left knee cartilage) started the game for triple-A Pawtucket, recording one out while hitting a batter and allowing one hit. Manager John Farrell it was uncertain what Kimbrells next step would be, but said he could join the team when it opens a four-game series in Seattle Tuesday.Angels: C.J. Cron may be on the verge of a remarkable recovery from his fractured left hand. Cron injured the hand on July 9 and it was originally expected he would be out six-to-eight weeks. But manager Mike Scioscia said Cron could return within two weeks. He is scheduled to be examined Tuesday and could be cleared to start swinging a bat.UP NEXTRed Sox: RHP Steven Wright (12-5) will try to bounce back from his worst start of the season when he gave up eight earned runs in 4 2/3 innings Tuesday against Detroit. In his last six starts, he has a 6.89 ERA but has gone 4-1.Angels: LHP Tyler Skaggs will try to duplicate his first start of the season. Skaggs, returning from Tommy John surgery, threw seven scoreless innings Tuesday, holding the Royals to only three hits in his first start since July 31, 2014. Nike Air Force 1 Just Do It Blanche Pas Cher . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. Air Force 1 Shell Pas Cher .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. http://www.siteairforce1pascher.fr/ . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands.HAMILTON, Ont. -- Sophomore quarterback Drew Willy will get the start for the Saskatchewan Roughriders tonight in place of Darian Durant when the 4-0 club takes on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in Guelph, Ont. The team announced that Willy will make his second career start about one hour before the game. You can see all the action on TSN and TSN Mobile TV today at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. As for Brandon Isaac, he will make his Hamilton Tiger-Cats debut with a huge chip on his shoulder. The game will be a shot at redemption for the Ticats following a lopsided 37-0 road decision to the Riders on Sunday, but for Isaac its a much-needed chance to take out his frustration at being released Tuesday by the Toronto Argonauts. "I know Im going to be pissed off," Isaac said Friday. "I dont like the situation Im in, however Im learning to deal with it. "I dont want to talk about it because its not going to make the situation any better. Good luck to them . . . it is what it is. A lot of people dont know what it is, I kind of still dont know what it is but at the same time they released me, Im a Ticat, Im happy to be here and I cant wait till (Saturday) to get some of this frustration off my chest." Isaac, 28, helped Toronto win the 100th Grey Cup last November and was named a team captain heading into the 2013 campaign. He had 16 tackles and one sack in four games before being surprisingly cut four days after the Argos 35-19 road win in Winnipeg. Kent Austin, Hamiltons head coach, GM and football operations director, has simple expectations of Isaac. "I expect him to play in certain situations and personnel groupings," Austin said. "We just get back to work and prepare the way we know how to . . . correct our mistakes, which were many, and play a team game with more effort and better preparation." The six-foot-three, 208-pound Isaac hasnt had much time in his new surroundings after signing with Hamilton (1-3) on Wednesday. Fortunately, he has a history with Ticats defensive co-ordinator Orlondo Steinauer, who was Torontos secondary coach last year. "Its basically the same defence Toronto runs but the terminology is a lot different," he said. "Once I learn the terminology, Ive already learned about 80 per cent of the calls . . . . Ill feel just right. "It is weird (wearing Hamilton colours) however the Ticats have given me the opportunity to play football again and Im so grateful and honoured to be here. Im going to continue to show this league Im a good player, Im reliable, responsible for my actions and Im going to do things the right way." Isaac wont be the only one making a debut Saturday. Slotback Dave Stala, 33, entering his 11th CFL season, comes off the nine-game injured list to play after undergoing off-season knee surgery. "The surgery wasnt as bad as I thought and I healed quicker than I thought," Stala said. "Im pretty excited because I mean Saskatchewan is 4-0 now so theyve got the bulls eye on them. "I dont think Im coming back too early. Two weeks ago I still had some swelling in the knee but right now its fine. Im full go and Im going to go out there and make plays." With slotback Andy Fantuz (hamstring) out, Stalaa will be counted on to provide veteran leadership for Hamiltons young receiving corps. Nike Air Force 1 07 Soldes. "Its great to have Dave back," said Ticats quarterback Henry Burris. "You build a rapport, that trust and continuity with certain guys and it helps you relax more because you understand those guys have been there." Burris said the Ticats are anxious to face the Riders in the rematch. "Anytime you have a disappointing (performance) like we did its always time for redemption and its that time right now," Burris said. "The wound is still fresh and theyre still on our mind. "But hey, everybody needs a gut check every now and then, it happens every season and for us it happened this past game and it came against a team thats coming back here. Weve had a chance to regroup, go in and watch the film, see the mistakes we made and see the things they did and make sure they dont make those plays again and we dont make our mistakes again." Its unclear which quarterback Hamiltons defence will face. Starter Darian Durant -- who passed for 347 yards and four TDs last week -- is a game-time decision with a foot injury. If Durant cant play, sophomore Drew Willy would make his second career CFL start. But what Isaac and the Ticats know for sure is a key cog in Saskatchewans offence is running back Kory Sheets, the CFL rushing leader with 572 yards who ran for 130 yards last week. Sheets rushing total is the highest ever through four games to start a season. He needs just 75 yards to break the league mark for five games of 646 yards set in 75 by Calgarys Willie Burden. "The key to this team is the running back," Isaac said. "Theyre a team that runs the ball a lot and once you get the running game going then you can do anything. "If you can stop the run, then they become one-dimensional and it plays in our favour. I just think theyre going to try come in and hand the ball off and pound us." Sheets wont feel any extra pressure to perform should Durant not play. "I just have to keep doing what Im doing and trust everybody in front of me," he said. "Theres really no pressure because theres a lot of guys around me that help out." Sheets is on pace to smash Mike Pringles single-season rushing record of 2,065 yards. The Riders back hasnt been shy about saying he has that mark in his sights, which doesnt bother Isaac. "Thats just a goal he has," Isaac said. "I have plenty of goals and I know other teams dont want me to reach my goals. "He (Sheets) is a phenomenal back. We just have to go in and be in attack mode, play our responsibility, be gap sound. Hes going to find a hole so everyone has to be disciplined in their gap responsibility and we have to hit him. Football is a very physical sport and when you hit a lot of people and sometimes they fold. Hopefully we can get to him, rattle him a lot and come out with a win." NOTES: C.J. Gable starts at running back for Hamilton while Onrea Jones starts at receiver. Nate Bussey replaces Markeith Knowlton -- who was released Tuesday -- at linebacker, newcomer Emmanuel Davis lines up at cornerback and kicker Luca Congi, benched last week, will face his former team. ' ' '