youve done a good job educating them, Narduzzi sai | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 30 '20
MARINA BAY, Singapore -- Fernando Alonso believes it is important Bernie Ecclestone remains at the heart of Formula Ones decision-making process under its new ownership. Tevin Coleman Super Bowl Jersey .American company Liberty Media is due to complete its takeover of the sport in early 2017, which will result in it acquiring a controlling stake in the company that owns F1s commercial rights. The deal has created a lot speculation about which direction the sport will take, but Alonso believes Ecclestone -- who remains as CEO under the new arrangement -- is still the key to F1s future.He is Formula One, Alonso said of the 85-year-old Ecclestone. Its difficult to see Formula One without Bernie so I think hopefully he will stay and we will see him every weekend as we have been doing for the last 16, 17 years in my case but forever in Formula One. Hes experienced as well, and his knowledge is very, very important for any decision that Formula One makes in the future.Alonso also welcomed Libertys involvement and believes Formula One can learn from American sports.I think its good. They have good experience, they are American, the sport there is quite popular, they seem to give to the spectator on the television and also to the fans close to the sport quite good coverage.Everything that comes from American sport normally is attractive. I think their point of view and their ideas will be very welcome in our sport and I see a good future, a good thing for Formula One. We are all hoping the best and we are all ready to help as much as we can, if we can do anything.Asked if the Grand Prix Drivers Association should meet with representatives of Liberty, Alonso added: Yes we would love to do, we will do for sure even if the GPDA is just, in the end, more about safety. I think the GPDA is a different thing, so lets say the drivers will meet the new owners sooner or later. As I said before I think we are all very happy and ready to help in anything we can do. Mitch Wishnowsky Super Bowl Jersey . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Pierre Garcon Super Bowl Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. http:///...tt-jersey-sales.html . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. The months sandwiched between spring practice and fall camp seemingly would rank low on a college football coachs most angst-ridden times of the year.For starters, there are all those blood pressure-spiking fall Saturdays. Theres national signing day, the relentlessness of two-a-days and, to a lesser extent, spring ball. There are the emotional swings of the winter coaching carousel.The summer months are a final respite, the last chance for players to leave campus before the #grind. In theory, it should be a quiet time.Which is exactly why coaches worry.If a player makes headlines in the coming weeks, particularly right before camp, it usually isnt good. Plenty of players make missteps during the school year, when theyre theoretically within their coachs jurisdiction, but the proportion of problems that take place in the summer is undeniable. It happened with Ohio State in the summer of 2013 and with LSU last summer. Oklahomas turn came last week as All-Big 12 defensive back Jordan Thomas was arrested after an alleged bar fight.Theres ample material weekly about bad decision-making, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said. Its not relegated to athletes, either. Knock on wood, weve had pretty routine summers, but there have been things nationally.Anytime players have a bit more time on their hands, things are more apt to happen.Iowa players begin a nine-day break Saturday. While Ferentz wants them to enjoy themselves, he worries just like any parent would.Travel situations always concern him.Ten or 12 years ago, we had a group of guys coming back from spring break, Ferentz said. They were a little tired, hit an icy spot driving back, had a near miss. They were fine, but it could have been really bad.Coaches regularly relay similar stories of players in perilous situations, even if they have happy endings. While players are typically encouraged to keep the focus internal, many are exposed to the transgressions happening around the country.I like to throw them on the screen in the team room, Pittsburgh coach Pat Narduzzi said. I say, Look at all the other problems. It happens. Dont be next.Accountability is stressed year-round, but team meetings before extended breaks -- after final exams, between summer school and the start of camp -- are often especially critical. Arizonas Rich Rodriguez tells players that when they leave campus, they must treat themselves like elite athletes.Theres a physical component to it -- nutritious eating, sufficient rest -- but also an understanding that theyre being watched.People say, Kids are worse now than theyve ever been, Rodriguez said. I think kids have been the same way for 20, 30 years. Theyre just under more of a microscope now, and thats not a bad thing. Youve just got to accept it and use it as a positive. As I tell them, Use it in a way that can help you 10 or 15 or 20 years down the road.When youre that age, a lot of them dont think that way, but youve got to educate them the best you can and hope it sinks in.A coachs concern level about his players actions away from campus can be linked to how the coach assesses players when he first brings players to campus. As Arkansas coach Bret Bielema puts it, You recruit your own problems.Bielema, entering his fourth season at Arkansas, is less concerned about player condduct during breaks because he has recruited most of the team and established clear standards for behavior. Ronnie Lott Super Bowl Jersey. While Arkansas had issues with player arrests before Bielemas arrival, the frequency has gone down substantially. Before dismissing the team, Bielema encourages players to visit an influential person whom they havent seen for years, perhaps a grade school teacher or a middle school coach. If players are involved in community service efforts on campus, theyre encouraged to continue them back home.My biggest issue when they go home is being around people who dont have as much going for them or dont have as much to risk if they get caught doing certain things, Bielema said. I just tell them to make great choices.But certain home environments contain more hazards than others. Before breaks, coaches are fully aware of who may be re-entering a difficult setting. At times, alternative plans are made. Some players arrive at college with a plan to go home as little as possible. Dorms are kept open for them and extra courses arranged, if need be.Coaches call upon other players, especially veterans and those from stable homes, to help. Theyll take in teammates during breaks and check in with them frequently. Football players receive nine weeks of discretionary time between Jan. 1 and the start of summer conditioning in June, when they have no required activities and, if off campus, limited contact with coaches.Sometimes being a good teammate, Rodriguez said, is keeping a guy from getting in a potential tough situation.The time demands of athletes are a major NCAA policy item this year, and more off time could be mandated in the calendar. But coaches hope any changes affect the period before summer. The so-called eight-hour rule, which requires players to participate in conditioning for eight hours per week during an eight-week period in the summer, has helped coaches remain in regular contact.Ferentz remembers talk about a decade ago of possibly making summer off limits.That would have been the worst possible thing, he said. I cant imagine basketball or wrestling, sports that start in November, not to have organized training. The time away from the sport is important and needed. This is not the time for that. This is a peak phase for the athlete.You want to build up to the start of official practice.Many players seem to agree. The NCAAs recent time-demands survey showed that 56 percent of FBS players support having required athletic activities during the summer. Only two mens sports had a higher percentage of support.Ferentz expects many Iowa players to stick around during the nine-day break, whereas 95 percent would be gone a decade ago. Rodriguez designates almost all of May as time off, but several Wildcats players stay in Tucson just because they like it.Still, theres concern in the summer, a reason why college coaches sleep next to their cellphones. They hope the next few weeks are quiet. If not, theyll address the situations and move forward.I dont really worry because youve got good kids and you hope youve done a good job educating them, Narduzzi said. If I worried, Id probably be paranoid about it. ' ' '