arterback like Nebraskas Tommy Armstrong adds | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Feb 1 '20
Kimi Raikkonen says a power unit issue in Q3 meant he had to settle for sixth on the grid as Ferrari faltered again in qualifying for the Mexican Grand Prix. Bill Dickey Jersey .Ferrari had looked strong in FP3 on Saturday morning, before Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel went second and fourth respectively in Q1. The team dropped off the pace after that as both drivers failed to unlock the full pace advantage on the super-soft tyres in Q2 and Q3, with Vettel saying the team should have had a car on the front row.Raikkonen feels his grid position is not a fair reflection of pace, with the engine issue in Q3 forcing him to abort his final run.?I felt my car was definitively better [than sixth] today, our qualifying lap times were better today, he said. Q1 was pretty OK, straightaway, we struggled a bit in Q2 to get the tyres to where we wanted them. The soft tyre worked pretty OK but I lost a bit in the last corners. Then, in Q1, the first lap was pretty decent, but I felt I lost time in a few places.Then I had an odd feeling in the last run, we had some issue with power in the last set of tyres and could never use them. I feel there was a lot of lap time that we never got, because we didnt use the second set of tyres. It was a bit of a struggle because I took it a bit easy in the first run of Q3, so I think the position we are in doesnt show the lap time we could achieve. It was just unfortunate that it went like that.Raikkonen says he takes little comfort in out-qualifying teammate Vettel, who had to settle for seventh, due to the fact they will both start lower than expected.Not really important for me. When we are 6th and 7th... If we would be fighting at the front ... Right now I dont feel it gives anything, we struggled with the issue. I thought the car was pretty decent but with the small problem we had I couldnt run and it cost us quite a few places. But this is how it is today and we have to go forward. Tomorrow I think we can be much stronger.A small comfort for Ferrari will be the fact both drivers made it through Q2 on the soft tyre, meaning they will start on a more durable compound to the Red Bull drivers and Nico Hulkenberg ahead. Roger Maris Jersey . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. Dellin Betances Jersey . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. http:///...ersey-large-74i.html . PETERSBURG, Fla. CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Before the season started, Illinois coach Lovie Smith said he saw all he needed to know about his new quarterback, Wes Lunt, when he watched game film from last years comeback win over Nebraska.Lunt led the Illini to two fourth quarter touchdowns and a 14-13 upset, one of the teams two Big Ten victories in 2015.Now, as the Illini (1-2) get ready to head to Lincoln to take on the No. 15 Cornhuskers (4-0, 1-0 Big Ten), the coaching staff sounds less sure about Lunt. They are looking for more from the fifth-year senior -- in both offensive production and the kind of intangibles that have not been part of Lunts game.Smith talked immediately after the 34-10 loss to Western Michigan about wanting to see Lunt get the ball downfield more and make better decisions.But this week, offensive coordinator Garrick McGee talked at length about what he hasnt seen from Lunt.Ive talked to him a lot about the one thing thats lacking or he needs to move forward is just a little more passion, a little more intensity, the ability to just completely lay it on the line for your team and have everyone see that the quarterback is going to be diving and jumping and hes going to be emotionally invested in the game and hes going to compete like crazy, McGee said, before adding, Run when you have to run.Lunt said he is well aware of where the offense has come up short and his role in it, particularly in the teams loss to Western Michigan .I just think I hold myself to a higher standard -- you know, expect to complete every pass, expect to make good decisions with the football, put us in good siituations and just continue to get better and be a leader for the team, he said. Custom Yankees Jersey China. But Lunt has openly talked this season about his own quiet nature, the fact that the one time he recalls openly yelling at a teammate in high school he immediately regretted it. And he has not been a running quarterback. Lunt is not fast and has a history of injuries. Officially, he has carried the ball 12 times this season for minus-43 yards. Eight of those have been sacks.While both Smith and McGee talked this week about the dimensions a running quarterback like Nebraskas Tommy Armstrong adds to an offense and how tough that can be to defend, Lunt is unlikely to add much to a run game that wilted against Western Michigan. The Illini rushed for 3 yards.Backup quarterback Chayce Crouch is a better runner. McGee, though, says he is not considering a change at quarterback.I believe in Wes, he said.McGee, who was a college quarterback, says there is far more to the position than the strong arm Lunt is known for.Hes the one that signed up to be the quarterback, and hes been the quarterback his whole life. Hes won state championships here in the state, McGee said. Now youre the captain of the team. So theres a lot of responsibility that goes a long with that.---Follow David Mercer on Twitter: (at)davidmercerAP---Online: Associated Press college football coverage: http://collegefootball.ap.org/---This story has been corrected to show Illinois had two Big Ten wins in 2015. ' ' '