just incredible to me. But I never get tired of talking about it. I like sharing it. S | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Feb 14 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- They call her Six Feet of Sunshine, and Kerri Walsh Jennings is pretty good under the moonlight, too. Cheap Nike Free China Wholesale .The three-time gold medalist and partner April Ross advanced to the quarterfinals of the Olympic beach volleyball tournament in a midnight match, dispatching Italy 21-10, 21-16 in just 35 minutes.It was the third time in four matches the Americans played at midnight to showcase them for the U.S. television audience.You wont hear them complain: The gold medal match is also scheduled for 12 a.m. local time.We know that we wanted to get used to the midnight matches because thats when the later (round) matches are, Walsh Jennings said.Ross said she has been getting to bed around 3:30 a.m. after the midnight madness. Walsh Jennings said its more like 5 a.m.Were just so amped, she said. But we dont have to set an alarm in the morning.Walsh Jennings earned her nickname from her sunny disposition.But, as her opponents can attest, shes fierce on the court.One match after losing a set to Switzerland -- just the first set the Americans lost in Rio, and the second Walsh Jennings has lost in 25 Olympic matches -- the Americans rallied from deficits in both sets to put Italy away.That made it an early night of sorts for the fans who packed the Copacabana venue, despite the late start. Among those in the stands: comedian Leslie Jones, who draped an American flag around her shoulders and led her section in cheering.Walsh Jennings said she made eye contact with the Ghostbusters star on her way out to the court, and appreciated the energy she brought to the crowd. Shes just on fire, she said.The Americans first formed their partnership in London, when Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor won their third straight gold medal -- beating Ross and Jennifer Kessy in the final. With May-Treanor retiring, Walsh Jennings asked Ross to join her on the quest for a fourth.Four years isnt all that long for a beach volleyball partnership, but its an eternity compared to Italians Marta Menegatti and Laura Giombini.Menegatti had qualified for Rio with Viktoria Orsi Toth, finishing a comfortable eighth in the world tour standings that fill out most of the field. But Orsi Toth failed a doping test just days before the Olympics were to begin, and she was replaced by Giombini.I want to thank Laura. It wasnt easy for her, Menegatti said. I am sad about Vicki. I am sad because shes not here and she should be here. But I think everything will work out because shes in the right. I have no doubt.The Italians had four training sessions before their opener in Rio, but still managed to advance out of group play and into the knockout round.Its the easiest thing in the world, Menegatti said with a smile, with four days of training when you work four years for this competition. Clearance Nike Free . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Wholesale Nike Free . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. http://www.wholesalenikefree.com/ . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. In 1977, Oklahoma and Ohio State met for the first time. Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer, just in his fifth season, had already won two national championships. Ohio State legend Woody Hayes was nearing the end of his historic run in Columbus.In Week 3 of that season, the third-ranked Sooners traveled to Ohio Stadium for a showdown with the fourth-ranked Buckeyes. After racing to a 20-0 lead, injuries to the Sooners allowed Ohio State to get back in the game, and eventually take a 28-20 lead. That set up one of the most dramatic finishes - and most memorable kicks - in college football history.As the two iconic programs prepare to meet again on Saturday, below is a behind-the-scenes look of that famed 77 game, through the words of the players and coaches who lived it.Uwe von Schamann, Oklahoma kicker (1975-78): We had never played Ohio State before, so this was a huge game.Barry Switzer, Oklahoma coach (1973-88): It was big. Woody Hayes had great teams. We were a great team. We were 41-3-2 since 1973. Had won a couple national championships, back-to-back. We were a really good football team.Jeff Logan, Ohio State fullback (1974-77): Woody wasnt exactly sure what to make of Barry Switzer. Switzer was young, brash. Woody was from another generation. It was an important game for Woody. He told us before that we were not only defending the honor of Ohio State, but the honor of the Big Ten Conference playing an opponent like this in our stadium.Zac Henderson, Oklahoma safety (1974-77): We had been in big games before. But this was like walking into the Cotton Bowl playing Texas. This was a team to respect.Dave Adkins, Ohio State linebacker (1974-77):We practiced against the wishbone all week. But when you go up against guys like Billy Sims and Kenny King, youre just not ready for their speed. It was tough there at the beginning.Jeff Logan: The team speed in that offensive backfield was absolutely incredible.Jerry Pettibone, Oklahoma assistant (1972-78): We get up big. Then Thomas Lott gets hurt, Billy Sims gets hurt. And we start turning the ball over, and Ohio State comes back.Barry Switzer: When we lost Thomas Lott, it turned to hell. We turned the ball over, made mistakes, couldnt get a first down. It was a different game. We played horrible. They had something to do it. But we were playing great until I got my guys hurt.Bobby Proctor, Oklahoma assistant (1973-91): It looked like we were going to blow them out. Then we lost our quarterback.Thomas Lott, Oklahoma quarterback (1975-78): My knee just gave out. We shouldve put (senior) Dean Blevins in at that time. But (freshman) Jay Jimerson had made some nice runs the week before. So the coaching staff put Jay in first. I never saw a guy get his butt handed to him like that.Jeff Logan: I had a severe ankle sprain and was doubtful, at best, for Oklahoma. But it was kept under wraps. That week, we moved Archies brother Ray Griffin from safety to tailback, and Ron Springs to fullback. It was the same veer, but all the timing in the backfield was off. Our offense was pathetic in the beginning. Woody came over and said, Whatever were doing out there right now isnt working. Can you go? I got some extra medical attention for the ankle. But it wasnt the shot or the medication, it was the excitement of that game. Im not taking credit for the turnaround, but the offense started clicking a little bit when I went back in. We were able to flip the switch.Dean Blevins, Oklahoma quarterback (1974-77): We were down (28-20) late in the fourth quarter, and counted out. We hadnt done anything offensively. But this was a team loaded with confidence. Not only had we won a couple championships those previous years, we had come back against Nebraska the year before in a huge game. It was a pretty proud team that was in the early stages of the Switzer Sooner Magic moments.Thomas Lott: Dean got the offense moving and we finally got back in the end zone.Dave Adkins: It had been a hard-fought game. We were exhausted. They were able to put a drive together, but we stuck them on the two-point try. We thought we had it won.Uwe von Schamann: I dont think Id ever tried an onside before in a game. I remember kicking a lot of extra points, because we were a scoring machine. Not an onside, though.Jerry Pettibone: Bobby Proctor had a hard time saying Uwes name, so he just called him Foot. Bobby said, Foot, which one of those guys can you hit?Uwe von Schamann: I didnt want to kick it to the end guy, because if he lets it go, it goes out of bounds. Whatever happened, I wanted it to be on the field of play. So I told Bobby Proctor, that guy second from the end, thats the guy. I drilled the ball, and sure enough it ricocheted off him.Jeff Logan: Our hands team, Woody used to call it Firetruck. But our hands people out there were backup quarterbacks and defensive backs, who hadnt played the entire game. Buckeyes fans always remember who didnt recover the onside kick. But Mike Strahine was a terrific teammate. It was an unfortunate situation for him to be there. But it was excellent execution by Oklahoma.Bobby Proctor: After that, it was a pretty good scramble for the ball.Bud Hebert, Oklahoma safety/holder (1976-79): Mike Babb was lined up next to me, and the ball bounced right to where he was. Mike was fighting for it with an Ohio State guy, but was able to wrestle it away. Mike was strong for a cornerback. Lucky for us, he was strong enough to pull it away.Barry Switzer: The couple of years before, we had issues with snapping. We had (receiver) Tinker Owens punting in 75 because we didnt have a damn center. I knew Tinker could catch anything that was snapped back to him because he had great hands. But he was the third-best punter on our team.Bud Hebert: We had a bad snap the yeaar before in the Texas game, and it ended up in a 6-6 tie. Nike Free Clearance. Jerry Pettibone: We were playing Nebraska (in 1975) for the Big Eight championship and had a real high snap that Tinker barely got off. Thats when Switzer sprinted to where I was and screamed, Jerry Pettibone, you go find us the best deep snapper in America. I called a bunch of high school coaches. I heard from one that the son of Bill Lucky, the coach at Lamar Consolidated right outside Houston, was a great deep snapper. And he was. I called Switzer and said, I found our guy.Barry Switzer: Mark Lucky was a great snapper. We didnt have any problems after that.Dean Blevins: After the onside, we still had to get in range for the field goal. But we threw another stop route. Kenny King got a few yards. Then it was about positioning for Uwe.Barry Switzer: Uwe never missed an extra point in his career. He had an outstanding career, college and pro.Bud Hebert: Uwe and I were roommates in Columbus. That night before Id had a dream he kicked the game-winning field goal. We laughed it off that morning. After the timeout as were jogging back on the field, he turns to me and says, Im about to make your dreams come true.Uwe von Schamann: I was trying to focus, trying not to let the crowd bother me. When I heard the crowd chanting, Block that kick, I dont know why I did it, but I began leading it with my arms. It was spontaneous. I never did it again. I couldve looked pretty foolish.Thomas Lott: Uwe had ice-water veins. When I saw him leading that chant, I remember coach Switzer was down on his knee. I tapped him on the shoulder and said, You can get up. Hes going to make this.Barry Switzer: I knew hed make the field goal. Forty-one yards was nothing for him. Only thing I was worried about was it being blocked. I wasnt worried about Mark Lucky or the snap. I wasnt worried about the holder (Bud Hebert). But youve always got to worry about protection.Dave Adkins: Three or four inches higher, I couldve gotten that thing. It was a fairly low kick. I wasnt that far off from blocking it. It was a matter of inches.Bud Hebert: If the snap had been high or low at all, it wouldve offset the timing and he wouldve blocked it.Uwe von Schamann: I got a great snap, a great hold, and as soon as I kicked it, I knew it was good. Right down the middle.Barry Switzer: He couldve made it from 60. The ball cleared the uprights over the top.Uwe von Schamann: Next thing I know, Im underneath a pile of players. If it hadnt been for (offensive lineman) Karl Baldischwiler bracing everybody, I wouldve been crushed right there in Columbus.Bobby Proctor: I was one of the get-back coaches, along with Rex Norris. Next thing I know, Rex is on the damn pile like one of the players.Rex Norris, Oklahoma assistant (1973-83): Hey, I think Switzer was out there, too. I wasnt the only one. But yeah, I happened to be at the front of the herd.Jeff Logan: Just unbelievable we had come all the way back, to have it taken away at the end. Aaron Brown, our All-American nose guard, was motionless on the ground a full five minutes after the game. We had guys down on the field everywhere.Zac Henderson: Woody was a hero of mine growing up. As soon as the game was over, I was close to their bench. He wasnt very happy, but he did shake my hand. I think I was the only one from our side that got to.Jerry Pettibone: It was pandemonium. The week of the game, our managers had put this plan together, that if we won, they were going to run across the field and steal Woodys hat and bring it back to Norman. After the dog pile and all that stuff, Im trying to find our managers, to see if they were actually going to do it. Then I caught Woody stomping across the field, hot as he could be. The managers started toward him, but saw the look on his face and big-time chickened out. In the locker room, I said, You cowards, I thought you were going to get Woodys hat?Barry Switzer: Heres what happened. The game was over, everybody was on the field. Next thing I know, Im walking out there looking for Woody. Right in front of me, Doug Kennon, one of our managers, stuck his arm out, and Woody just back-handed him and knocked him out of the way. I said, Hell, I dont want him to forearm me, too. I think Ill just head on over to the locker room. Woody was a great guy, a great coach. But game day, he had his game face on, and he was all business. But I saw that all happen.Doug Kennon, Oklahoma trainer: Ive been accused many times by Switzer of that being me, but I was still 10 years old and was in Drumright, Oklahoma, at the time.Randy Helms, Oklahoma trainer: I think it was Larry Cox. But he wasnt a trainer, he was an equipment manager.Uwe von Schamann: Every player has one of those games where something - I dont know if its divine intervention - but everybody has one of those games where everything just goes right. That game for me was Ohio State.Bud Hebert: People in Oklahoma call it The Kick. But I like to refer to it as The Hold.Barry Switzer: Uwe has told me, Coach that was one of the biggest plays in your career. I say, Uwe, let me tell you, if Thomas hadnt gotten hurt, Billy hadnt gotten hurt, we were going to hang a half-a-hundred on them, and were not going to even need your damn field goal. But let me tell you, I was glad you were there when we needed you. Thats the way it is always with kickers. Youre glad you got em when you need em.Uwe von Schamann: The last 39 years, theres not one month that goes by where somebody doesnt bring up The Kick. Its just incredible to me. But I never get tired of talking about it. I like sharing it. Sharing that moment with the fans. Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap JerseysCheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '