e you an answer. What it is, is coach Jack | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jj009 Mär 14 '19
PHOENIX -- Maybe the Arizona Diamondbacks hoped for more from Robbie Ray on the heels of his being named the National League Player of the Week for last weeks two winning performances. Marcus Georges-Hunt Jersey .Not that Ray disappointed on Thursday night, but he couldnt ride the recent success to another win as the Diamondbacks were limited by Atlanta Braves youngster Matt Wisler in a 3-1 loss.Wisler, called up from Triple-A in time to start Thursday, didnt allow a hit for six innings. The 23-year-old Wisler (5-11) ended up allowing a run and two hits with four strikeouts and three walks in eight innings.He stayed with his sinker, maybe took a little bit off it like a (batting practice) fastball. You saw all of those ground balls that resulted from it when he was behind in the count, Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale said. Tip your cap, guys battled him but he just beat us.Paul Goldschmidt broke up Wislers no-hit bid with a leadoff single in the seventh. Goldschmidt scored on Chris Owings groundout.My whole focus was to just compete on every pitch, Wisler said. Slider got better as the game went along.Ray (7-12) saw his pitch count surpass 100 before the fifth inning was over. He allowed two runs and six hits with four walks and seven strikeouts in five innings.It was a little reminiscent of some of his outings last year, where he would only give up a couple of runs but it took a lot of pitches to do it, Hale said of Ray.The Braves scored twice in the third when the first three hitters singled. Freddie Freeman drove in Ender Inciarte, then Nick Markakis beat out a ground ball to avoid a double play that allowed Adonis Garcia to score from third base.I felt good coming out. Just there in the middle innings, command got away from me a little bit, but I was able to battle and was able to hold them to just two runs, so I am pretty happy with that, Ray said.Atlanta shortstop Dansby Swanson, once a top Diamondbacks prospect, took two hits away with good defensive plays. He went deep in the hole to flag down a sharply hit grounder from Owings and threw him out at first base in the second inning. Then in the third, Swanson reached to catch Tuffy Gosewichs line drive up the middle.Swanson reached on an error to lead off the sixth and scored on Gordon Beckhams double off Arizona reliever Silvino Brach.We knew he was going to be a great player. We drafted him No. 1, Hale said of Swanson. He is a quality kid, he is a quality player. He has a nice future in the major leagues.FREE(MAN) FALLINGFreeman, playing first base, tumbled head first over a railing down the right field line trying to run down a foul pop in the second inning. Freeman somersaulted over the railing and his lower back slammed into a row of chairs beneath the padded fence. Teammates and staff rushed to his aid, but Freeman was able to get to his feet and remained in the game.When I watched the replay I was like, `Were lucky because he didnt snap his back, Braves interim manager Brian Snitker said. Talking to him before his last at-bat, he said `Now it just feels like I got hit with a pitch.ROSTER MOVESThe Diamondbacks called up Bracho and pitcher Vicente Campos before Thursdays game, Bracho from Triple-A Reno and Campos for his major league debut from Double-A Mobile. Relievers Dominic Leone and Steve Hathaway were optioned to Reno.Campos was one of the players acquired from the Yankees for reliever Tyler Clippard on July 31. Brach has pitched in 15 games for Arizona this season. He warmed up to enter the game in the seventh inning but was not called upon.The Braves optioned pitcher Madison Younginer to Triple-A Gwinnett. Wisler and pitcher Brandon Cunniff were recalled along with infielder Brandon Snyder, who took the roster spot left open by the trade of Jeff Francoeur on Wednesday.TRAINERS ROOMBraves: RHP Rob Whalen went on the 15-day DL with right shoulder fatigue.Diamondbacks: OF A.J. Pollock, who has missed all season after fracturing his right elbow, will be activated on Friday. He is scheduled to play two of every three games over the rest of 2016. The Diamondbacks sent OF Mitch Haniger to Triple-A Reno after the game to make roster space for Pollock.UP NEXTBraves: RHP Joel De La Cruz (0-6) will face the San Francisco Giants Friday night in California. He has never faced the Giants.Diamondbacks: RHP Braden Shipley (2-3) is set for his seventh career start and third at home. Shipley has allowed 13 earned runs over his last two starts (10 1/3 innings). Jeff Teague Jersey . The incident occurred at 19:56 of the second period of the Kings 4-2 road win over Edmonton on Sunday. Nolan punched Oilers forward Jesse Joensuu in the jaw in front of the Kings goal during a scrum. Cole Aldrich Jersey . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. http:///...-aaron-brooks-jersey .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. CLEVELAND -- Hue Jackson tapped his right hand on the side of the podium as he tried to find a way to describe being 0-12 in his first season as the Cleveland Browns coach. As he spoke, his eyes started to well up and his voice broke ever so slightly.Being 0-12 is probably ... the hardest thing ever, Jackson said after the teams 12th loss in 12 games, 27-13 to the New York Giants.Jackson quickly composed himself, but this was the first real sign of emotion that the coach has shown in a long season. The more he spoke, the more it was evident that every loss is taking a piece out of him.Its been a long 12 weeks, Jackson said. Sundays news conference started about 20 to 30 minutes late.Jackson said he simply had a regular postgame assessment with management that went long, and he said he is not worried about his job.Im going to be here, he said. But he also said hes going through something hes never experienced.I dont like losing, Jackson said. I never have and never will. Ive had my butt kicked up enough over my shoulders enough this season that I really dont need my butt kicked anymore.The Browns are every bit of their record. Opponents have not scored fewer than 24 points in a game. The Browns have started three quarterbacks and had seven different players throw a pass. The past four games, the offense has scored 10, 7, 9 and 13 points.Jackson would not second-guess his decision to gut the roster -- he called it a reboot --?and load it with rookies. When Sundays game started, 18 of the teams 53 players were rookies.Im not going to get into all that, Jackson said. None of that matters right now. We have the team we have, and Im just going to keep coaching the heck out of them.As he has done all season, Jackson said the responsibility and blame is his. But he also said thhat given the roster and the events of the season, everything has to go perfectly for the Browns to win. Cheap NBA Jerseys. And its not going to be perfect, he said.The players stand behind Jackson, saying he has maintained the same attitude with them all season.It is hard on everybody, quarterback Josh McCown said. It is really frustrating because you see the effort put in every week and the way that everybody (is working) and the way that coach Jackson is leading the team and the energy that he brings, no matter what our record says.A week ago, after the Browns loss to the Steelers, Jackson spoke extra long in the locker room. On Sunday, Jackson spoke long with management.I think its tough to be in the situation were in because everybody wants an answer, he said. Its this, its that, its exactly this. Well, Im not going to give you an answer. What it is, is coach Jackson. When the season started, Jackson said the Browns would win by hook or by crook.It hasnt happened, but Jackson said he believes his players have not quit, and he believes this struggle will not last.I told our players, and I mean this and Im going to tell all of you: This will be the last time, this year, that we ever feel the way we feel, he said. I know that in my heart. I know that without question.With a bye coming and games remaining against Cincinnati, at Buffalo, against San Diego and at Pittsburgh, Jackson said theres four opportunities to win, theres another four opportunities to lose.Battered and emotional as he is, Jackson still has not lost all of his bravado.Youre going to get us, you better get us now, he said. And Im not feeling like this next year. There is no way. ' ' '