and the importance of the game, you | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 18 '19
Parramatta chief executive Bernie Gurr insists Semi Radradra is in the NRL to stay, describing Toulon as no more than a back-up plan should he be kicked out of rugby league.But Gurr admits its not ideal the star winger will face court over domestic violence charges less than three weeks before the 2017 season begins.Radradra returned to team training on the NSW central coast on Wednesday, hours after surrendering his passport in a Sydney court and amid drama and confusion about his future.The 24-year-old arrived back in Australia from Fiji on Tuesday night with his NRL fate on shaky ground and a Toulon contract on the table.Gurr staunchly refuted the French rugby powerhouses announcement on Monday they had secured Radradras signature for the 2017-18 Top 14 season, adamant the Eels intended to hold onto their prized winger at least until his contract expired at the end of 2017.He said Radradras manager George Christodoulou had definitively denied the deal was done, or even verbally committed to, despite Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellals insistence to the contrary.His manager has been honest with us and we have no reason to question what hes told us, said Gurr, who said the Eels were in preliminary negotiations about securing Radradras signature long term, pending a verdict on his charges.My understanding is that Semis preference is to stay in the NRL.Gurr did concede a Toulon deal could be plan B if Radradra was convicted of three charges of domestic violence brought by his former partner Perina Ting and banished from the NRL by the games integrity unit.Radradra, who denies the allegations, failed to appear on Monday in Parramatta Local Court, angering the magistrate sufficiently to threaten him with an arrest warrant.When he finally fronted on Wednesday morning, his lawyer convinced the magistrate his clients father had been sick enough to warrant an unscheduled trip home to Fiji, which was taken with Parramattas blessing.While the arrest warrant was revoked, Radradra was forced to hand over his passport, meaning he would be unable to leave Australia before his hearing on February 13.That would rule him out of Februarys Auckland Nines, in which he played a key role in the Eels 2016 title that was later stripped due to salary-cap breaches.Gurr admitted the timing of Radradras hearing, set down just before the new NRL season, was inconvenient.Ideally, the thing would have been wrapped up on Monday, Gurr said.Now that its been put back to February, were just going to deal with that - you deal with the cards youre played - we cant control anything else.Its not ideal, but I dont think its going to disrupt the teams preparation.Were merely going through this in steps.Step one was to get in consultation with his manager, to get Semi back in the country and then to fulfil his obligation to turn up in court today.Thats been done - the result is satisfactory at this stage ... now they can have plenty of time to prepare for the legal case in February. TORONTO -- After missing Sundays game against Team Russia due to the flu, Team Sweden goaltender Henrik Lundqvist participated in a full practice Monday. It hasnt yet been decided whether Lundqvist will start against Team Finland on Tuesday in the World Cup of Hockey at Air Canada Centre.I feel better today, Lundqvist said. Yesterday was just not good enough to be able to play. The decision was made together with [coach] Rikard [Gronborg]. The position is what it is, and its a lot of responsibility. You just cant go out there and see if youre OK, so we made that decision, which was a good one. [Backup Jacob] Markstrom played really well. Personally, today, it was better. We went really hard in practice, and well see how I feel in the afternoon, and in the end its up to the coaches to decide who is going to play.Markstrom helped Sweden to a 2-1 victory with a 27-save performance against Russia. If Lundqvist is 100 percent, it makes sense to start him, but Gronborg said he would wait until Monday afternoon to speak with Lundqvist and the other coaches before making a decision.My feeling is that it feels great that he was on the ice. I felt he had a strong practice, Gronborg said. I havent talked to him after practice. Well talk when we get back, and well sit down as a coaching group and discuss it. Again, it was awesome to see him at practice.Gronborg described it as speculation that Lundqvist is 100 percent.This tournament could be the last time Lundqvist, 34, plays for the Swedish national team, but Gronborg said his decision wont come down to the fact that Sweden is playing rival Finland on Tuesday.ddddddddddddLundqvist faced Finland at the Sochi Olympics in 2014, winning 2-1 to advance to the gold-medal game.In the end, every game is super important, Lundqvist said. You only have three games in the group, so it doesnt matter who you play, you have to take it very seriously. As a group here, we look forward to the challenge. Its going to be a tough game for us. Personally, I just hope Ill be able to play, but in the end, its up to the coaches here to decide whos going to be out there. But I had a good practice today. I feel a lot better than yesterday, so Im optimistic.Lundqvist was at the rink on Sunday, but he returned to the team hotel when the decision was made that he would not play. He showed no ill effects during Mondays practice and even stayed on the ice longer than usual the day before a game.Ive been feeling a little heavy, and it was different symptoms for the flu, he said. In the end, I just felt I was not able to perform at 100 percent, and at this level, and the importance of the game, you cant take a selfish decision there -- even though its tough to not be out there. I felt it was the best decision for the team, and Markstrom goes out and plays really well. It was the right move. ' ' '