champion Graeme McDowell was 8 under | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 18 '19
(STATS) -- To say sports has taught Tyler Swafford teamwork, sportsmanship and drive is an understatement. Cheap Authentic NBA Jerseys . Especially when his lifes work may be to stand up for the most vulnerable and foster freedom and democracy in places where they are fragile.The Eastern Kentucky University quarterback, who aspires to be a human rights attorney, was announced Tuesday as the 2016 recipient of the STATS FCS Doris Robinson Scholar-Athlete Award. Named after the wife of legendary Grambling State coach Eddie Robinson, the award is presented to an FCS student-athlete who excels not only in the classroom, but in the community and beyond.Swafford will be honored at the STATS FCS Awards Banquet and Presentation Jan. 6 in Frisco, Texas -- on the eve of the national championship game.The 21-year-old rose through a crowded depth chart at Eastern Kentucky to become the Colonels starter during this past season. A redshirt sophomore athletically, the 4.0 honors scholar is on pace to graduate after the spring semester in only three years at the Ohio Valley Conference university.Although Swafford could return as the starting quarterback next fall, he will forsake the opportunity, and likely his playing career at EKU, for his calling in life. He will attend University College Dublin as one of 12 winners in the United States of the prestigious George J. Mitchell Scholarship sponsored by the U.S.-Ireland Alliance.Your education is what you make of it, your football career is what you make of it, Swafford said. But certainly you benefit from people who invest in you and who care about you, and I certainly have at Eastern -- crediting coaches, instructors and administrators.Swafford is majoring in globalization and international affairs with a minor in business. The interdisciplinary studies have combined political science, economics, history and religion and helped shape his desire for humanitarian service. His masters study in Ireland will be geopolitics and global economy.Since I started at EKU, Ive developed a passion for human rights and international security issues, said the resident of Franklin, Tennessee. His parents, Tony and Tara, are attorneys.I think the United States has an indispensable role in the world to lead, to fight for human rights, civil liberties and freedom. Obviously, we shouldnt get in every quagmire around the world that is out there and look for conflict; I know were still war-weary in this country. But I think being the United States, we have a moral high-ground and a special responsibility in the world to provide freedom and widespread opportunity and human rights protection, when they are so under assault today.Swafford was part of his football teams mission trip to Haiti in May 2015, where they worked at an orphanage to build a fish and plant farm system that would become self-sustainable. He also was part of EKUs honors delegation to the Salzburg Global Citizenship Seminar in Austria last May, an experience that included a profound trip to the Dachau concentration camp. He completed an independent research project on the evolution of human rights law, from the Nuremberg Trials through the present-day International Criminal Court.At the seminar, professors challenged the students to become more involved in their local communities. After returning from the trip, Swafford worked with Kentucky Refugee Ministries to help resettle a Syrian family of six to Lexington.During semester break in January, Swafford will study American diplomacy overseas and be part of a select group of students visiting U.S. embassies in Paris and Rabat, Morocco, and the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium.I knew from the moment I met Tyler as a freshman that he was a young man marked for great things, EKU president Michael Benson said, given his intellect, his work ethic, and his ability to relate to others. I also saw in Tyler someone who would thrive in an international studies environment, given his own perspective and world-view.Swafford was chosen as the Doris Robinson Award recipient from a list of finalists comprising all 13 FCS conferences. The other finalists: Dayton linebacker Christopher Beaschler (Pioneer Football League), New Hampshire cornerback Casey DeAndrade (CAA Football), Saint Francis place-kicker Lance Geesey (Northeast Conference), Liberty offensive lineman Lucas Holder (Big South Conference), Alcorn State linebacker Michael Hurns (Southwestern Athletic Conference), North Dakota linebacker Brian Labat (Big Sky Conference), Wofford place-kicker David Marvin (Southern Conference), Delaware State offensive lineman Ernest Mengoni (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), Northern Iowa defensive end Karter Schult (Missouri Valley Football Conference), Stephen F. Austin safety Marlon Walls (Southland Conference), Penn wide receiver Justin Watson (Ivy League) and Holy Cross wide receiver Jake Wieczorek (Patriot League). NBA Jerseys China . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. Cheap NBA Jerseys China .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. http://www.cheapjerseysnba.com/ .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. PLAYA DEL CARMEN, Mexico -- Gary Woodland took a 1-stroke lead into the final round of the PGA Tours OHL Classic at Mayakoba after dropping two strokes on the par-3 15th Saturday.Woodland finished with a 5-under 66 to reach 18-under 195 on Mayakobas Greg Norman-designed El Camaleon course. He won the most recent of his two tour titles in 2013.Ive been there. Ive been in the position a lot the last couple years. Im excited about my game. Im going to rely on my game and trust it and go out and have fun. ... Im very comfortable with where my golf swing is, and Im going to rely on it and run it out.Woodland birdied the first seven odd-number holes, then ended the string with a double-bogey on 15, when his tee shot went long into the hazard. He played the first 51 holes without a bogey.Im happy. I mean, I played great today. Drove the ball exceptionally well, controlled my distances to the green, and I rolled it well, Woodland said. Its hard to argue with that, hard to be upset with that. I hit a good shot on 15. I just hit it longg. Wholesale NBA Jerseys Store. Married last month, Woodland took last week off and worked with instructor Butch Harmon after opening the new season in Malaysia and China.Pat Perez was second after a 62. He played the front nine in 7-under 29, including an eagle on the par-5 fifth. The one-time tour winner recently returned from shoulder surgery.I was real comfortable, Perez said. I woke up, and I just felt good. I was comfortable on the range. Ive just been on this different attitude in the last couple weeks where I just try to stay aggressive and try to think of the right shot and the good shot and not worry about what happens. Its really worked. Ive been working on that the last nine months since I got hurt.Scott Piercy was 16 under after a 66, Seamus Power (64) was 15 under, and Webb Simpson (69) followed at 14 under.Defending champion Graeme McDowell was 8 under after his second straight 65. He opened with a 75. ' ' '