by five lengths. He then came out | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 19 '19
DETROIT -- Western Michigan coach P. Cheap Nike Vapormax Womens .J. Fleck?has no plans to watch as the rest of college footballs final weekend before bowl season plays out during the next two days. In his mind, he already knows where his team is headed.Its a historic day in Western Michigan history, and we deserve to be in the gosh darn Cotton Bowl, period, Fleck said Friday night. Write it down.The 17th-ranked Broncos beat Ohio 29-23 at Ford Field to wrap up the programs first conference championship since 1988 with an unblemished 13-0 record (8-0 in Mid-American Conference).Western Michigan is in position to fill the Group of 5s one designated spot in a New Years Six bowl at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic. However, Navy is ranked only two spots behind and could potentially leapfrog Western Michigan by beating Temple in the American Athletic Conference title game on Saturday afternoon.Asked Friday night whether he would be keeping tabs on the Midshipmen this weekend, Fleck emphatically made his teams case for securing a spot in Dallas.I dont think theres anybody to pay attention to, he said. Who are we paying attention to? Why are we paying attention to anyone? We are 13-0. We are the best Group of 5 team in the country.Western Michigan quarterback Zach Terrell said that no matter where the team lands in bowl season, it wont take away from the Broncos accomplishments during his senior season.Honestly, weve done all we can do, Terrell said. Whether or not were in the Cotton Bowl, we cant control that. All we control is winning the games on our schedule, and weve done that.Fleck said the Broncos undefeated record should be irrefutable proof that they are the best choice to represent the nations five smaller conferences. He said his staff will spend the weekend recruiting, and he plans on doing it in a wardrobe with a very specific theme.Im going wear cotton shirts, he said. Im going to have cotton slippers. Im going to have cotton earmuffs. Im going to have a cotton jacket. Im going to wear everything cotton from here on out.The College Football Playoff selection committee will release its final rankings on Sunday afternoon. Wholesale Vapormax Australia . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. Nike Vapormax Australia . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. http://www.wholesalevapormaxaustralia.com/ . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. If you have been following ESPNs Monday Racing Wraps over this Spring Racing Carnival, there has been one name often featuring in the blackbookers section. For So Si Bon, the Group 1 AAMI Victoria Derby over 2500 metres is this three-year-old colts D-Day.He probably shouldve gone closer, or won, the Caulfield Guineas, So Si Bons trainer, Robbie Laing, told ESPN.Aiming for his second win in the Derby, after Polanksi saluted in 2013, Laing and jockey Hugh Bowman -- who must still be feeling the rush after Winxs breathtaking win in last Saturdays Cox Plate -- will team up once again for at tilt at this 2016 edition.Luck , or conditions, just hasnt been kind to the colt in his major lead-up runs, most notably with his fifth placing in the Group 1 Guineas (1600m) run three weeks ago.He got back [in the field], which was fair enough because he drew an outside alley, and was set to make a run at them at the 300 metre mark. He got blocked by a horse on his outside and then Seaburge [who is also engaged in the Derby] came from the inside and went under his neck [inconvenienced him] which probably cost him about two lengths in running, Laing told ESPN.His last 100 metres was very quick and was beaten a length-and-a-half. Thats probably the one that got away.The Group 2 Moonee Valley Vase [2040m] last Saturday saw So Si Bon finish third behind $2.80 Derby favourite Sacred Elixir.Last week he went better than expected because I dont think he can handle soft ground, and I thought his run was terrific. Should he have won? No.So Si Bon is rated a $9 chance with UBET for the Derby. While Bowman has a 100 percent strike rate in the Derby when riding for Laing, he will be shooting for a fourth win of his own in this classic.On Saturday therell be similar horses and Bowman [now] takes the reins. Hughies got the Derby record on the board and, who knows? Hes a guy that doesnt get his knickers in a knot and hopefully that transfers to the horse. They [horses] can definitely feel it [when a jockey is relaxed].After the Caulfield Guineas, his management team thought that he might be the horse to ride in the Derby.Robbie Laings father, Eddie, was a successful jockey and trainer himself. When Robbie took out his trainers license in his early 20s, he quickly enjoyed success at Group 1 level in the 1983 Thousand Guineas. Despite consistently training winners at all ages and distances, it is as a trainer of jumpers that has become a label which has proven hard to shake and, in reality, is somewhat of a misnomer.Its hard to lose the jumping tag, Laing laughed.Laing was one of the top trainer of jumpers in Victoria throughout the latter part of the 1990s and 2000s. With wins in races like the Grand Annual Steeplechase, and other majors, he was fast becoming pigeonholed as such with that success. But as the dwindling situation and politics around jumps racing in Australia has become headline news in the past decade, the perception of this specialty required reversing as much for Laings career progression as for any other reason.I had to [diversify]. With the amount jumpers that I had in my stable and with the depletion of jumps racing iin Victoria, it was silly being top-heavy with jumpers in the yard. Buy Vapormax Australia. Weve tried to re-invent ourselves and were pretty happy.Laing said he really put my head down into training jumpers to try and save jumps racing, noting that Jim Houlahan [legendary trainer of jumpers] was in his 90s, Eric [Musgrove, another notable jumps trainer] was entering two or three horses in races to keep it buoyant.I thought, gee, if I could win -- and I love the jumping, obviously - its no good just sitting on my hands if they wind it down and I shouldve done something about it, so I ended up with a team of jumpers.Probably the thing that was detrimental was that I had so many good ones. If I had average jumpers then not too many people wouldve labelled me as a jumping trainer, but my name was up in lights as just that.But it is horse racing overall that is a passion for people such as Robbie Laing. His upbringing determined that, but it is the Winx-like moments can create an impression on a child wherever and whenever they might occur.I was at Caulfield when Tobin Bronze won the Caulfield Cup, Laing said of the Hall of Famers famous victory in 1967.It was huge. I dont know how many people jammed into Caulfield that day but ladies were taking little bits and pieces of his tail as souvenirs because he was heading to America soon after. Most of the women in the crowd were crying. He was just such a magnificent looking horse, and if he was racing today he probably couldnt get enough accolades.Laing also has a candidate for the fillies middle-distance classic, the Crown Oaks, at Flemington next week. The Group 2 Wakeful Stakes (2000m) on Saturday is often the most reliable guide to the Group 1 Crown Oaks (2500m) run on Thursday, and the Laing-trained Missrock is rated a $7 chance for the trial and $19 for the classic.Most positively, Hugh Bowman will also take the ride on this three-year-old filly.Weve trained her like a stayer and her work [on Thursday] morning with So Si Bon looked good, Laing said.Hes had the one ride on her when she won the Percy Sykes (Stakes, 1200m at Randwick in April). Going on her run in the Thousand Guineas Prelude (Sep. 24), youd want to be on her. She was a little bit flat in the Thousand Guineas [1600m, Oct. 8] itself but I put that down to it being just one of those runs.Further proving his versatility with horse across all ages and distances, Laing has been successful in the Melbourne Cup-week events for two-year-olds on at least seven occasions in as many years. He hopes the opening race on Tuesday will add to that tally.Ive got a very good chance. Ive got a filly by [sire] Written Tycoon called Herrera. A couple of Mondays back she trialed with another colt of mine called Destinys Own, and she put pay to him beating him by five lengths. He then came out and finished a length behind Azazel who won at Moonee Valley last Saturday.So taking a line through that formline, and that she had impressed us greatly, shell be hard to beat.It might just pay to take the tip. ' ' '