so its hard for teams to scout him, he said.Russell hopes to develop | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mär 19 '19
Washington State defeated Oregon in double overtime last year, a game that ignited the Cougars run to a 9-4 record and a bowl game victory over Miami. Nike React Sale Uk .That was a turning point for us, said Washington State quarterback Luke Falk, who threw for 505 yards and five touchdowns in the game in Eugene.On Saturday, Washington State (1-2) will host Oregon in another game the Cougars hope can light a fire under a team that has mostly underperformed so far this season.Safety Colton Teglovic said last years game proved to the Cougars that they could win a close contest in a tough environment.We used that as a springboard, Teglovic said.But Washington State coach Mike Leach isnt much for looking backward, and doesnt want his team thinking about last year.This is 2016, Leach said. If they go in a time machine, or Captain Kirk, theyll miss the whole thing by a year and the Klingons are gonna kill them all. They better focus on this year or it wont be a productive, happy experience.One thing the Cougars need to improve on is their slow starts.Weve just got to stop coming out flat, said cornerback Marcellus Pippins. Weve been coming out flat the last couple of games. Weve got to start fast and have a rhythm coming out.Oregon (2-2, 0-1 Pac-12) is coming off a 41-38 loss to Colorado, the Buffaloes first win over Oregon since joining the Pac-12 in 2011. Quarterback Dakota Prukop was intercepted in the end zone on Oregons final drive to kill a comeback attempt.Two days after the loss, Oregon held a players-only meeting after practice.We just want guys to play harder, to give it all they got, particularly on special teams, receiver Dwayne Stanford said. We want everyone who touches the field to give it all they got.Oregon has been slowed by injuries, with defensive end Jalen Jelks and defensive tackle Drayton Carlberg doubtful to play against the Cougars. The status of star running back Royce Freeman is unclear.Inexperience is also an issue, with 11 freshmen included on Oregons offensive and defensive two-deep depth chart prior to Saturdays loss to Colorado.Coach Mark Helfrich said its too early to panic.We were left for dead last year and bounced back, he said. We were left for dead the year before and that turned out OK.I told the team, and I believe it 100 percent, this team can be special, Helfrich said.Some things to watch when Oregon plays at Washington State:RAH, RAH: Falk said he needs to take a greater leadership role. This year Ive got to be more of an energy guy, said Falk, who isnt the type for speeches. Im kind of a calm, even-keeled guy, its definitely not within my personality, but I definitely can do it.WILL ROYCE ROLL?: Freeman, who ran for 246 yards and three touchdowns against the Cougars last year, may not play. The Ducks do not talk about injuries, but Freeman suffered a leg injury two weeks ago against Nebraska and did not play in Oregons loss to Colorado. The Cougars say his injury status is of no concern to them because Oregon has other weapons. The other backs are good too, Leach said. It really doesnt change anything.MORROW RETURNS: Washington State junior running back Jamal Morrow was ejected in the second half of the Idaho game after officials ruled that he appeared to punch an Idaho defender at the end of a special teams play, an act that could have required Morrow to miss the first half of the Oregon game. But Washington State officials say because Morrow was tossed for unsportsmanlike conduct, not targeting, the penalty does not carry over to the next game.NO 3S: Cougars kicker Erik Powell has missed all three of his field goal attempts this season.GROUND RAID: Sure they call it the Air Raid offense, but Washington State is averaging 121.7 rushing yards per game behind Jamal Morrow, James Williams and Gerard Wicks. They have accounted for eight of the Cougars 16 touchdowns. Best Nike React Shoes . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rookie outfielder in the starting lineup. Nike React Shoes Uk . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. http://www.cheapnikereactuk.com/ ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. DAngelo Russell had to say something. After all, his favorite player was right there, standing a few feet away, on the same court -- someone he had studied for years, devouring countless hours of footage, then rewinding and playing it again before trying to mimic it on the court.For years, Russells friends and family couldnt quite understand his adoration. The player he had long admired wasnt one of the NBAs biggest stars. He didnt play for a major-market team. He didnt even start.To Russell, none of that mattered, and when the games action paused for a pair of free throws during one of their matchups last season, the Los Angeles Lakers point guard, then a rookie, made his move and approached his idol the same way a fan might.Man, Russell told Spurs guard Manu Ginobili.?Its a pleasure to be out here with you.Russell cant remember what Ginobili said in return, but for Russell, the moment was cool enough.I was like, Damn, he said, because he was one of my favorite players growing up.Growing up in Louisville, Kentucky, Antonio Russell Jr., like many his age, pledged allegiance to Kobe Bryant, but when it came time to pick sides, his younger brother went in a different direction.He used to tell me that his favorite player was Manu Ginobili, Antonio Jr. said. He always used to be like, Manu Ginobili, Manu Ginobili, Manu Ginobili.Antonio Jr.s response: Whoa.For years, Antonio Russell Sr. considered his 6-foot-5 son to be a blend of Jalen Rose and Lamar Odom, two left-handers with size who could handle the ball and do a bit of everything. He soon noticed that DAngelo just wasnt as interested in those players -- or anyone else -- as he was in Ginobili, an acrobatic lefty with court vision and, above all, a fearless nature.As time went on, I saw him pattern his game [after him] and doing the things that Ginobili does, Antonio Sr. said.DAngelo Russell studied film of Ginobili, trying to learn whatever he could.Yeah, basically everything Ginobili did, said Jamie Johnson, a childhood friend. He tried to watch how Ginobili moved off the ball -- just everything, as far as IQ-wise too, because Ginobili, of course, isnt the fastest guy. [DAngelo] understood that he wasnt fast either, so he tried to find players that were similar to him.Thats perhaps the largest reason Russell came to admire Ginobili so much: He believed Ginobilis style was one that he could emulate becausee their bodies, athleticism and skill sets seemed similar. Cheap Nike React Uk. See, its different when you ask who your favorite player was. You can say those American guys who made their name, like Kobe and Allen Iverson and Shaq and all those types of guys, he said. But I really look at it and say, if I could model my game after somebody [it would be Ginobili].Russell explained further by saying that if a player wanted to emulate, say, Dwyane Wade, he might focus more on pump-faking and midrange jumpers. If that player liked Bryant, precision footwork would be a priority. It depends what suited that specific player.You try to go to what youre accustomed to, he said. And Manu was never as athletic, but he could really pass the ball. He could score the ball, and he was just so unpredictable, and he was a lefty, so he was a player that I really prided myself on being.Throughout Russells youth, it seemed the Spurs were always in the NBA Finals, and Ginobili always seemed to be making a huge impact as a spark off the bench, helping San Antonio win four championships after he joined the team in 2002. For years, Russell followed the wily Argentinian, wondering how Ginobili remained so comfortable as a backup and seemed so ready coming into games, so bursting with energy.When he gets in the game, its like, the whole persona of the game just changes, he said. I was like, man, if I can pride myself into being like that, just being a guy thats so unpredictable that even at the age hes at now [39], hes so hard to guard.More than that, Russell said Ginobili was one of the first players to popularize the Eurostep dribble.Ever since then, everybody really started doing it, he said.As a rookie, Lakers staffers showed Russell footage of Ginobili, particularly how the Spurs ran plays to get him the ball -- a film assignment that didnt take much coaxing.He was just, like, so fiery, and he makes winning plays, and hes so unpredictable, so its hard for teams to scout him, he said.Russell hopes to develop all those traits, but theres one, above all, that he wants from his idol.Just the energy he has, he said. When he gets in the gym, I dont know, hes always ready. Its hard to come off the bench and be ready all the time. Hes always ready, and thats a skill. ' ' '