Fiers took a no-decision but the Astros have won in all five | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mär 21 '19
ATLANTA -- Elfrid Payton had the best night of his career. Wholesale Jerseys China .Even better, he did it on a night when the entire Orlando roster met coach Frank Vogels mandate.Coach has been on us over the past month or so about making the extra pass, making plays for others, Payton said. We did a good job of that.Serge Ibaka scored 29 points, Payton reached career highs with 26 points and 14 assists and the Orlando Magic snapped a three-game losing streak with a 131-120 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday night.Orlando began the night ranked 29th in scoring and played without center Nikola Vucevic, but it got big production from the bench. Payton, Jodie Meeks and Jeff Green combined for 62 points, while starting guard Evan Fournier scored 23.Dwight Howard had 20 points and 16 rebounds and Dennis Schroder had 19 points and 13 assists for the Hawks, who thought they were on a good trajectory after rallying from 20 points down in last Fridays win at Milwaukee.Atlanta began the night having won two straight since a 1-10 stretch dropped them out of the top eight spots in the Eastern Conference. The Hawks were 9-2 and tied for the East lead before the slump.Its just a tough pill to swallow right now, guard Tim Hardaway Jr. said. Defensively, they made a lot of tough shots. It was just that type of night. Give them credit, man. They were knocking down their open shots, knocking down their tough shots.Thabo Sefoloshas 18-footer at the 4:18 mark of the third quarter gave the Hawks their first lead since the first quarter, but Payton answered with a 3 and Orlando never trailed again.We tightened the screws on the defensive end during that stretch, Vogel said. We forced a lot of misses, held them to one shot and we were able to get the offense back under control.The Magic set season highs in points, assists with 36 and 3-pointers with 15. They had 21 assists and zero turnovers until committing two miscues in the final 44 seconds of the second quarter.Orlando took charge with a 20-9 run in the second quarter that ended with Fourniers short turnaround jumper to make it 72-60.Payton combined with Fournier and Ibaka to score 46 points on 20-for-27 shooting in the first half.You can always find things you can do better, but a lot of those guys had pretty special nights, Hawks guard Kyle Korver said.MAYBE TOMORROWVucevic, Orlandos leading rebounder and third-leading scorer, missed his second straight game with a sore lower back. He hopes to be back in Wednesdays home game against the Los Angeles Clippers.It depends, he said. At the moment when the pain happens, it bothers me a lot.TIP-INSMagic: The last time they scored over 131 on the road was Jan. 13, 2009 at Sacramento. ... With 72 points in the first half, Orlando was six points shy of the team record set Nov. 3, 2010 at home against Minnesota. ... The Magic tied the team road mark set Dec. 5, 2009 at Golden State.Hawks: Had won 17 of the last 22 games in the series. ... Their bench was outscored by Orlandos 62-35. ... Atlantas previous season-high in first-half points allowed was 66 in a home loss Nov. 22 to New Orleans. ... G Kent Bazemore returned in a reserve role after missing the last two games with a sore right knee. He had five points and three rebounds in 15 minutes.UP NEXTMagic: Host the Clippers on Wednesday night.Hawks: Visit Toronto on Friday night. Cheap Jerseys Online . You can watch the game live on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Flyers had won seven of eight before dropping their last two outings on consecutive days over the weekend. Philadelphia was handed a 6-3 loss by the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon before dropping a 4-1 decision to the Rangers the following night in New York City. China Jerseys . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. http://www.cheapchinajerseys.net/ . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Jose Altuve might be tired but it didnt show.On a day where Houston manager A.J. Hinch considered giving the second baseman a day off, Altuve went 4 for 5 and scored four runs to help the Astros beat the Los Angeles Angels 10-4 on Wednesday and completed the sweep of the three-game series.It was the second time Houston has swept Los Angeles in the last two weeks. The Astros finished the six games with 37 runs. It was Houstons eighth straight win over their AL West rivals, extending the longest winning streak against Los Angeles in franchise history.Houston has gone 35-20 since May 1, the third-best mark in the AL in that span.Altuve, who extended his career-high on-base streak to 32 games, was a home run shy of the cycle and finished the series 8 for 14 with two RBI and six runs.He and I talked late into the night last night and even a little bit this morning because he is a little tired, believe it or not, and he came in to talk about it early, Hinch said. We didnt connect and luckily, we didnt make the decision to take him out of the lineup.While Hinch said he may get a few days off during the next homestand, Altuve had to protest to stay in the lineup for Wednesdays series finale.He tried to give me the day off today and yesterday, but I didnt think that was a good idea, Altuve said. I just said it just to try to be in the lineup.The Angels, who left 12 men on base, finished the homestand 1-6 and went 8-18 over the month of June. The Angels are a season-high 15 games under .500 (32-47). Its the fewest wins the Angels have recorded in June since 1980.The loss prompted a team meeting that Angels manager Mike Scioscia said was positive.We need to get better, and were going to continue to work hard on that goal. Scioscia said. Theres no sense looking back. We need to start getting some games on our terms and winning situations early, and get some guy coming in out of the pen making pitches, and right now were struggling. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping. Dallas Keuchel (5-9) limited the Angels to three runs and six hits over six innings to win his second straight decision.My fastball had a lot of life on it, Keuchel said. I was trying to kind of figure out where I needed to start the fastball and it took me a little bit I got it under control and finished strong.Jered Weaver (6-7) pitched into the sixth inning but left after giving up a one-out solo home run to George Springer. In his third loss in five starts, Weaver allowed six earned runs and seven hits, walked four and struck out three.Houston added three runs in the ninth against Angels closer Huston Street, who has given up eight runs and 12 hits in his last six appearances.KEUCHELS COMPLAINTDespite the win, Keuchel didnt seem entirely happy with the way home plate umpire Gerry Davis called the strike zone, lamenting the fact that he walked three batters.I feel like I have like 20 career walks when Gerry Davis is behind the plate, Keuchel said. Hes a tight one and hes known for that.TRAINERS ROOMAngels: C Geovany Soto will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Salt Lake. Soto played 20 games before undergoing surgery to repair a torn right meniscus. He placed on the 15-day DL May 18.UP NEXTAstros: RHP Mike Fiers (5-3) made an early exit in his last start giving up three runs, two earned, in 4 1/3 innings against the Kansas City Royals. Fiers took a no-decision but the Astros have won in all five of his June starts.Angels: RHP Jhoulys Chacin (2-4) is making his second trip to Fenway Park this season and his first with the Angels. Chacin previously recorded a win there as a member of the Atlanta Braves on April 28, but has lost three of his last four starts with Los Angeles. ' ' '