wear them for every occasion. -Heather | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 21 '19
TORONTO -- Philadelphia Flyers GM Ron Hextall was part of the Eric Lindros blockbuster trade in June 1992 with the Quebec Nordiques and still winces at the memory. Authentic NBA Jerseys Wholesale . He loved being a Flyer and didnt want to leave.As the NHL held a weeklong arbitration process to figure out whether the Nordiques had traded Lindros to the Flyers or New York Rangers -- Nordiques GM Pierre Page had apparently told both teams they had a deal -- Hextall waited.I remember it very clearly because of the timing of it, the arbitration [decision] was happening at noon. Sure enough, my phone rang at noon, said Hextall, in town to see Lindros, Pat Quinn, Rogie Vachon and?Sergei Makarov?inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. We were settled in Philly, I loved the Flyers, I could never imagine playing for another team. Now all of a sudden you get a phone call to say youve been traded. It was difficult. It was hard for me emotionally. I had young kids [6, 4, 1]. It was tough. That was a little shot of reality for a naive Brandon boy.Hextall laughed at how he felt about Lindros at that very moment.I was mad as hell at Eric. Until I got traded back two years later, said Hextall, laughing. Then I thought, This wasnt so bad after all. When I got back to Philly and now Im playing with Eric, then I thought he was more than OK.It is by no accident that the Nordiques insisted on getting prospect Peter Forsberg in the Lindros deal.We knew Forsberg was really good, former Flyers GM Russ Farwell said recently. We couldnt sign him. We couldnt get Forsberg to come over right then. We didnt want to include [Mark] Recchi or [Rod] BrindAmour, so that was the piece that kind of turned the tide, I think.The other GM who negotiated a deal with Quebec at the time was Neil Smith, on behalf of the Rangers. The ensuing arbitration that was needed to decide a winner left the Rangers losers in the Lindros sweepstakes.I asked Smith recently how he felt it would have changed the course of history for the Rangers to get Lindros. I mean, imagine Lindros and Mark Messier as a 1-2 punch at center from 1992 onward?You dont know if we would have won none or if we would have won more than one, responded Smith. His Rangers, of course, won the Cup in 1994. Because you dont know how that trade would have impacted what went on after that. There would be no [Esa] Tikkanen, or there would be no [Tony] Amonte to make that trade with Chicago. Theres so many things.The Big E changed the game during his heyday, of that there is no doubt.Yeah, well, everybody wanted players like him, but those type of players dont come along very often, former Flyers GM Bob Clarke said. Those are the generational players. Every 10 years, one of them comes along. Obviously, its McDavids turn now, but there was a Gretzky, a Lemieux, an Orr, those kind of players; and Lindros was one of those players that comes along every 10 years and seems just better than everyone else.As for Lindros today, it appears his future is not with an NHL team. I asked him during our sitdown interview a few weeks ago if he pictured himself running an NHL team or working for one in some capacity like many of his contemporaries.Never really crossed my mind, Lindros said. I look at some of my buddies that are pro scouts and how much travel they do. I can see it, had Kina and I had kids earlier, and [the kids] were 18-20 years old heading to university, but I just dont want to miss whats going on around the house.Lindros and wife Kina Lamarche have three kids 30 months and younger. Daddy Lindros is busy. NBA Jerseys China . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. China NBA Jersyes Cheap . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. http://www.wholesalejerseysnba.com/ . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. We asked some of our favorite female athletes what theyre asking for, or what theyd recommend giving someone, this holiday season.Here are the top picks for 2016. (Note: Although many of the pro athletes are sponsored by these big-name brands, each athlete picked the gear she likes best and uses most within the brand.)For my training:Ab Dolly (No. 13)I used an Ab Dolly at a gym, and my stomach has never been so sore. I want one to use at home twice a week. I am hoping my husband buys this for me -- wink wink! -Kara Goucher, U.S. long-distance runner and Olympic bronze medalist ($119.80; abdolly.com)Apple Watch Series 2 (No. 2)As a runner and an athlete looking to add more swimming to my regimen, the new GPS and swim functions of this watch are attractive to me. I also like the ability to receive emails and texts from clients so I never miss an opportunity. Im not one to pick up my phone while training clients, but at least I can respond with a quick preconstructed text from my watch so I never miss a beat. -Kira Stokes, celebrity trainer in New York City and creator of the Stoked method (from $269; apple.com)Garmin Edge 520 Bike Computer (No. 9)We really want a bike computer that automatically updates to Strava Live (a social networking and tracking site for athletes) and also gives midride Strava segment results. No more waiting until you stop to upload the ride before seeing if you got the Queen of the Mountain! -Laurel and Rebeccah Wassner, professional triathletes ($299.99; garmin.com)NormaTec Pulse Leg Recovery System (No. 15)OK, so totally a Santa, Ive been soooo good splurge, but Id love a pair of these boots. I realize Im far from an elite or pro athlete, but as I get older, I am continually reminded of how important recovery is. Despite being 44 years old, Ive still got some pretty ambitious athletic goals for myself, and being able to slide into a pair of high-tech recovery boots after a tough workout sounds like heaven to me. -Dimity McDowell Davis, runner, blogger and creator of Another Mother Runner podcast ($1,395; normatecrecovery.com)Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer (No. 16)Im asking for an indoor bike trainer. Ive looked at a few, and the reason I love this one is because you dont use the rear wheel and have rubber burning the whole time but instead it allows you to take off the back wheel and put the bike on the trainer easily, without wearing your back tire. -Jenny Fletcher, professional triathlete ($1,199.99; wahoofitness.com)For my kitchen:Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine (No. 7)My fiancé and I just bought a new house together and we should be moving in any day, so everything on my Christmas list is all home related. We are both huge coffee lovers and really want a new machine. -Nastia Liukin, Olympic gold medalist in gymnastics ($599.95; williams-sonoma.com)GEFU Spirelli 2.0 Spiral Slicer (No. 8)I save my cheat moments for my sweet tooth, but generally speaking I like to fuel my body with nutritious foods! So much can be made with a spiralizer as a healthier option for pasta! Its just a fun thing to add to my kitchen. -Ally Love, in-arena host of the Brooklyn Nets and professional dancer ($29.99; bedbathandbeyondd. Cheap NBA Store. com)Cozy jackets:Team USA Nike Tech Fleece (No. 14)This is one of my favorite pieces of gear from Nike because of how warm it is. It also goes with every outfit. -Laurie Hernandez, Olympic gold medalist in gymnastics ($98.97; nike.com)Castelli Perfetto Jacket (No. 6)In keeping up with the holidays and the time to recover, recommit and enjoy the colder weather, I love the Perfetto jacket. Its warm when the temperature drops below 50 degrees, its beautifully cut -- just for women -- and its water repellent! -Mirinda Carfrae, three-time world Ironman champion ($199.95; competitivecyclist.com)Lacoste Womens Sport Geometric Printed Taffeta Jacket (No. 3)I love this jacket because its perfect now for the cooler weather, and I think the pattern is really different and flattering. -Christina McHale, pro tennis player ($185; lacoste.com)Shoes and socks:Bombas Womens Original Calf Socks (No. 12)Ive loved Bombas long before we started working together. These are one of my favorites because you can work out and snowboard in them. And for each pair of socks purchased, a pair is donated to the homeless. -Hannah Teter, Olympic gold-medal snowboarder ($12; bombas.com)Nike Air Presto Mid Utility Sneakerboots (No. 10)I love a good sneakerboot -- theyre my favorite weatherized shoes. I really enjoy hiking and I never want the winter to stop me from what I love to do, so these boots are crucial for being active in the outdoors. -Ali Krieger, U.S. soccer player and World Cup champion ($140; nike.com)Specialized Defroster Trail Mountain Bike Shoes (No. 1)I spend a lot of time in the Midwest, and my feet get cold easily. However, with these winter cycling shoes, Im able to train outdoors with warm feet. The shoe is durable [and] comfortable and keeps my feet warm at temperatures well below freezing. -Gwen Jorgensen, Olympic gold medalist in triathlon ($200; specialized.com for retailers)Ski and snowboard gear:Sweaty Betty Mountain Top Seamless Ski Top and Leggings (No. 17)I love these base layers because theyre quick-drying, sweat-wicking and temperature-regulating, making them perfect for a day on the mountain. And its such a cute print! -Heather Mitts Feeley, Olympic gold medalist in soccer ($105 each; sweatybetty.com)La Sportiva Vapor Nano Skis (No. 11)These are my favorite skis from my sponsor, La Sportiva. Theyre a perfect lightweight, rockered, mid-fat charging ski made for ski mountaineering, which is what I love doing. -Meredith Edwards, ultrarunner and member of the U.S. Ski Mountaineering Team ($1,200; sportiva.com)Indoor training:B Mat Strong Long Yoga Mat in Ocean Green (No. 4)Its the best yoga stuff out there! This mat helps me grip and stay strong in my poses. -Christen Press, U.S. soccer player and World Cup champion ($95; byoganow.com)New Balance Accelerate Tight (No. 5)My favorite gear is from New Balance, and Im so fortunate to be sponsored by such an incredible brand. These leggings are the best -- I wear them for every occasion. -Heather Watson, British professional tennis player ($54.99; newbalance.com) ' ' '